Get your nucleotides ready

Laozi

Gee, I hope they don't roll a nat 1.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Gee, I hope they don't roll a nat 1.

I hate you.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Just playing god, what could go wrong?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070820/ap_on_sc/artificial_life

What could go wrong?! Why, the extremely basic single-celled organism could get bored of its life in the plastic dish and TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Even if someone manages to pull this off, as it's described in the news story, we'd be a billion years or so of evolution away from creating shoggoths.

...and before we know it, artificial intelligence will create these "lifeforms" to sustain their own needs. Then things will get interesting.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I hate you.

*pounces on Laozi and shoves a truckload of walnuts down his throat*

Have walnut, make peace!

:thumbsup:

:p

:o

:brows:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I lived with a bacteriologist once. He calmly informed, in tones I would reserve for describing a short stroll, that they had discovered an unkillable bacteria that day. Autoclaved it, bleached it, dried it out, you name it.

"Wow! So what have you done?" I said, agog.

"We washed it down the sink," He announced, placidly spooning up soup.

"Into the regular drains?" I said, horrified.

"Naturally. You can always blame me if we all die."

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What could go wrong?! Why, the extremely basic single-celled organism could get bored of its life in the plastic dish and TAKE OVER THE WORLD.

Kaneda!!!!!

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Just playing god, what could go wrong?

Id just like to take a moment to remind you all that this notion that it is 'wrong' to play god, is nothing but liberal propaganda spread in the left-wing media and hollywood in such films as Jurassic Park or that other film where mad scientists make zombies out of gerbils. Seen from a more fair and unbiased perspective, playing god is essential to any moral christian. Because if our children no longer aim to liken their heavenoly father, we might one day wake up to find a whole generation of young people dressed up in tailcoats and large false beards, trying to prove that your faithful canine-companion 'spot' is in fact derived from some type of ancient squid. This is the horror that awaits us if we succumb to this ridiculous notion of 'evolution'. A word so close to 'revolution' that its ties to ungodly communism should be apparent to everyone.

So I say, let todays scientists play god, so tomorrows children wont grow up to become liberals(and quite probably homosexuals)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Kaneda!!!!!

Sand begins to sing!

O Kaneda!

Our friend with a laser gun!!

With a bad aim and dead power supply.

With glowing eyes rocks begin to rise,

The satillite showers fire on me!

From far and wide,

O Kaneda, we stand on mountain of debris.

I am a God now, I am free

O Kaneda, we stand on mountain of debris.

O Kaneda, its only Akira and me!

Edited by Sand

TEE HEE! :bat:

"It's like she woke up one morning and said 'I think I'll go to law school today.'"

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.