Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why are all Macintosh users jerks?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes
Jim is one of the founding members of the Atomic Danger Squad.

No, that's because Jim is a dirty snitch who ratted me out. :dancing:

Actually, Jim tried taking the blame upon himself and sent a credible threat to the mod team that caused me to curse his name and tear apart my system and rebuild it to counter the 'threat' he posed. :bat:

His trying to cover your ass actually caused me to even more secure my rig. Not sure I'm going to thank him for it though :wink: .

You actually believed him? Hee hee :lol:

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space
is anyone going to explain the story to those who haven't been here for 10 years?

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
Sure.

It was a conspiracy of Jim to get Tarna to destroy his old system so he would be forced to get a new rig at the cost of Kaftan's good modship lollipop which in truth a total fabrication.

Beware the Jim Conspiracy.

Edited by Sand, 27 August 2007 - 06:32 AM.

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
For those of you just tuning in, it's also important to know that Hades usually doesn't know what he's talking about, and this case is no different.

Edited by thepixiesrock, 27 August 2007 - 07:17 AM.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts

For those of you just tuning in, it's also important to know that Hades usually doesn't know what he's talking about, and this case is no different.

Well, duh. That's a given. Its all apart of the Jim Conspiracy!

BEWARE THE JIM CONSPIRACY! BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!

:lol:

:dancing:

:bat:

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
  • Location:In the middle of the night when everything was still, she heard clawing and gnawing, nibbling and squabbling. She could hear the wolves in the walls, plotting their wolfish plots, hatching their wolfish schemes

is anyone going to explain the story to those who haven't been here for 10 years?

Kaftan the amazing was the best mod ever using the secret alias of "Authority". Later, Gabrielle the goth was made mod using a secret name Dark Raven. This was supposed to be secret. During this time a league of gentlemen formed of which kaft and Jim were members. Jim asked kaft if gabrielle=dark raven and kaft looked into the sacred book of IP-adresses and found it was so. There was much rejoice but Jim accidentally mentioned that it was the kaft who had leaked the secret. Jim tried to save the situation by saying he hacked the kafts account, but the green dragon knew the truth. And the kaft was demoted, but given an awesome title "Obsidian VIP" instead, and there was much rejoice. Jim got banned 4-5 times after that and is now hiding under a new secret name.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
See, it is the JIM CONSPIRACY! WHO IS JIM!

*Obsidian Trek 3: The Search For Jim!*

:o

Musopticon?

Musopticon?

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 8956 posts
  • Location:What the Bircarli once called their own, spires of soot, flatlands of silver, sky afire
I don't know who this "Jim" is, but I bet he has one hella ugly face.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6542 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
Posted Image

Duh!

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

*runs and hides*

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10995 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
Mmm, Hormel Spiced Ham goes good with eggs.

Edit: Oops, wrong account.

tarna

tarna

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 311 posts

Jim is one of the founding members of the Atomic Danger Squad.

No, that's because Jim is a dirty snitch who ratted me out. :thumbsup:

Actually, Jim tried taking the blame upon himself and sent a credible threat to the mod team that caused me to curse his name and tear apart my system and rebuild it to counter the 'threat' he posed. :bat:

His trying to cover your ass actually caused me to even more secure my rig. Not sure I'm going to thank him for it though :wink: .

You actually believed him? Hee hee :lol:

Not so much. :wink:
After scaning my HD with the three AV that I had installed in my system, I found the threat to be reasonably minimal. However, the threat alone caused me to rethink my existing system and reconfigure it from 3 firewalls/AV using WinXX to 6 firewalls using various mixed OS. More hardware and additional learning on my part to further 'harden' my system. Had about a two hour conversation with an admin of security of a banking security IT dude about setting up a secure rig. Required adding/reconfiguring hardware that I already had in my system to block what 'Jim' had suggested as a threat. I continue to learn and further expand my system's security and genually appreciate the experience of upgrading my system to meet the new needs, I just don't like having a gun put to my head to do so.

I guess that I should be gratefull to 'Jim' for the lesson although it frosts my balls to admit that :wink: . I have better rig because of it.

Sand

Sand

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3735 posts

I have better rig because of it.

Is that new rig a Mac?

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 4238 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Space
Well, that was a nice piece of Obsidian forums history.

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
My new laptop is a Hewlett-Packard. It is so much kewler than a Dell or a Fujitsu-Siemens :ermm:

Tale

Tale

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 10995 posts
  • Steam:Tale
  • PSN Portable ID:Taleroth
  • Kickstarter Backer
I hate HP so much. Their old practices used to annoy the bleeding crap out of me. (imagery not intentional) My old computer was one of theirs. They don't give you any discs. Which is a ridiculous hassle when your hard drive craps out and you want to reinstall the operating system on a new one. Going without while I wait for them to mail me not an OEM OS disc, but a bloated driver/special offer/OS/crap program bundle is not what I like to do.

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
No laptops come with a proper OS disc, they all have these rdiculous bundles with "restore" cd's. What I have done is just to wipe the HDD clean and install everything by hand with my own OS discs and software.

Since this one comes with Vista, I have to wipe it, since Vista is for 3D software what sugar in the gastank is for engines.

Pidesco

Pidesco

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 6542 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
I had a 486 desktop HP many moons ago. I remember that my dad bought my first CD-ROM player for it, and we had to get a blacksmith to do a custom piece of metal, so that we could install the CD-ROM on it.

Kaftan Barlast

Kaftan Barlast

Obsidian VIP

• Members
  • 4737 posts
Earlir this week, I was inches away from selling my old laptop to a Mac-user. Sadly for him, some archeology student coughed up more money and as the man of bussiness that I am, I sold it to her instead :thumbsup:

thepixiesrock

thepixiesrock

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3694 posts
The Atomic Danger Squad is always looking for new members by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users