Why are all Macintosh users jerks?

Mmm, Hormel Spiced Ham goes good with eggs.

Edit: Oops, wrong account.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Jim is one of the founding members of the Atomic Danger Squad.

No, that's because Jim is a dirty snitch who ratted me out. :thumbsup:

Actually, Jim tried taking the blame upon himself and sent a credible threat to the mod team that caused me to curse his name and tear apart my system and rebuild it to counter the 'threat' he posed. :bat:

His trying to cover your ass actually caused me to even more secure my rig. Not sure I'm going to thank him for it though :wink: .

You actually believed him? Hee hee :lol:

Not so much. :wink:

After scaning my HD with the three AV that I had installed in my system, I found the threat to be reasonably minimal. However, the threat alone caused me to rethink my existing system and reconfigure it from 3 firewalls/AV using WinXX to 6 firewalls using various mixed OS. More hardware and additional learning on my part to further 'harden' my system. Had about a two hour conversation with an admin of security of a banking security IT dude about setting up a secure rig. Required adding/reconfiguring hardware that I already had in my system to block what 'Jim' had suggested as a threat. I continue to learn and further expand my system's security and genually appreciate the experience of upgrading my system to meet the new needs, I just don't like having a gun put to my head to do so.

I guess that I should be gratefull to 'Jim' for the lesson although it frosts my balls to admit that :wink: . I have better rig because of it.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I have better rig because of it.

Is that new rig a Mac?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Well, that was a nice piece of Obsidian forums history.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

My new laptop is a Hewlett-Packard. It is so much kewler than a Dell or a Fujitsu-Siemens :ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I hate HP so much. Their old practices used to annoy the bleeding crap out of me. (imagery not intentional) My old computer was one of theirs. They don't give you any discs. Which is a ridiculous hassle when your hard drive craps out and you want to reinstall the operating system on a new one. Going without while I wait for them to mail me not an OEM OS disc, but a bloated driver/special offer/OS/crap program bundle is not what I like to do.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No laptops come with a proper OS disc, they all have these rdiculous bundles with "restore" cd's. What I have done is just to wipe the HDD clean and install everything by hand with my own OS discs and software.

Since this one comes with Vista, I have to wipe it, since Vista is for 3D software what sugar in the gastank is for engines.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I had a 486 desktop HP many moons ago. I remember that my dad bought my first CD-ROM player for it, and we had to get a blacksmith to do a custom piece of metal, so that we could install the CD-ROM on it.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

• 2 weeks later...

Earlir this week, I was inches away from selling my old laptop to a Mac-user. Sadly for him, some archeology student coughed up more money and as the man of bussiness that I am, I sold it to her instead :thumbsup:

The Atomic Danger Squad is always looking for new members by the way.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I was going to revive the place, you know, with like, 40 cent wing nights, or LIVE NUDE GIRLS, and coupons or something.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.