Why are all Macintosh users jerks?

What's really sad is when a guest speaker who has worked long and hard on a presentation finds out that his Mac laptop doesn't connect up so well to a PC-based organization's system. And how is it that's all the organization's fault? Hel-lo.

Umm... no edit button. Damnit.

20060513.jpg

Isn't that the truth, same goes for Linux. Why attack small markets when you can attack the windows community which is huge. That commercial does need some small print stating this. lol

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

More mac hating videos!

Roosterteeth parody

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Thread Pruned: I loved the cartoon - but it has been brought to my attention that there was profanity in one of them that crossed the line.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Back when I was a mod, I would ban people for making stupid reports :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Is that also the reason why you're not mod anymore?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No, that's because Jim is a dirty snitch who ratted me out. :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Would it be prudent to post to Maddox's Apple article?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

This is a perfect example of another problem. Not just people being jerks, but the reason behind it. You see, Being a jerk isn't what mac people are known for, being a jerk is what you know mac people for. I think one of the biggest problem, is that some people have just not come into contact with the right people. If all you ever comes in contact with are jerk mac people, then of course that will be your opinion of them. Is it a correct opinion? Absolutely not, but really, can we blame you? If you're only exposed to a certain kind of person, you begin to assume that that's how the majority of them are. The media will do this too. Show you a worst case example, and people take it as the norm.

Part of the problem is that the jerks on all sides of the computer argument, are usually the most vocal.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No, that's because Jim is a dirty snitch who ratted me out. :rolleyes:

Actually, Jim tried taking the blame upon himself and sent a credible threat to the mod team that caused me to curse his name and tear apart my system and rebuild it to counter the 'threat' he posed. :thumbsup:

His trying to cover your ass actually caused me to even more secure my rig. Not sure I'm going to thank him for it though :wink: .

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Who is Jim? And is he a Mac user?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Jim is one of the founding members of the Atomic Danger Squad.

No, that's because Jim is a dirty snitch who ratted me out. :dancing:

Actually, Jim tried taking the blame upon himself and sent a credible threat to the mod team that caused me to curse his name and tear apart my system and rebuild it to counter the 'threat' he posed. :bat:

His trying to cover your ass actually caused me to even more secure my rig. Not sure I'm going to thank him for it though :wink: .

You actually believed him? Hee hee :lol:

is anyone going to explain the story to those who haven't been here for 10 years?

Sure.

It was a conspiracy of Jim to get Tarna to destroy his old system so he would be forced to get a new rig at the cost of Kaftan's good modship lollipop which in truth a total fabrication.

Beware the Jim Conspiracy.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

For those of you just tuning in, it's also important to know that Hades usually doesn't know what he's talking about, and this case is no different.

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

For those of you just tuning in, it's also important to know that Hades usually doesn't know what he's talking about, and this case is no different.

Well, duh. That's a given. Its all apart of the Jim Conspiracy!

BEWARE THE JIM CONSPIRACY! BWAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA!

:lol:

:dancing:

:bat:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

is anyone going to explain the story to those who haven't been here for 10 years?

Kaftan the amazing was the best mod ever using the secret alias of "Authority". Later, Gabrielle the goth was made mod using a secret name Dark Raven. This was supposed to be secret. During this time a league of gentlemen formed of which kaft and Jim were members. Jim asked kaft if gabrielle=dark raven and kaft looked into the sacred book of IP-adresses and found it was so. There was much rejoice but Jim accidentally mentioned that it was the kaft who had leaked the secret. Jim tried to save the situation by saying he hacked the kafts account, but the green dragon knew the truth. And the kaft was demoted, but given an awesome title "Obsidian VIP" instead, and there was much rejoice. Jim got banned 4-5 times after that and is now hiding under a new secret name.

See, it is the JIM CONSPIRACY! WHO IS JIM!

*Obsidian Trek 3: The Search For Jim!*

:o

I don't know who this "Jim" is, but I bet he has one hella ugly face.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Petergraves.jpg

Duh!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!

*runs and hides*