Why are all Macintosh users jerks?

I have the unpleasure of having a handful of aquiantances who use PC's from Apple(otherwise known as Macintosh). And they, like all the other macpeople Ive ever met, are smug bastards who waste no time preaching about how superior their little tintoy is. Yet they dont really know anything about computers and always start crying and assume a fetal position at the sight of a text prompt.

Mac-users are bastards. I know it, you know it, and Swedish developer DiCE knows it as they have effectively banned Macintosh computers from their premises(you can at most bring a mac laptop as long as you dont switch it on). Even their founder Steve Jobs got the can from his own company in 1985 because he was annoying.

I will now recite a conversatio I had with a mac monkey:

-My new I-whatever is so awesome! I cant believe people still use crummy PC's

-You do know that technicly, a macintosh is a PC, right?

-No, dumbass, it's a mac and a mac is completely different. Anyway, mac's have all like cool features that PCs will never get. Like, when I change the brightness of my monitor, the little apple on the back dims or brightens too. That's Apple fo you, just full of little features that make it totally awesome and so much better than your crappy PC.

-The apple on the back glows because light from the monitor backlighting shines through the plastic, and OBVIOUSLY it will glow more if you increase monitor brightness.

-Oh. Uh, I have to be somewhere now. *runs*

Oh, the rage. :ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Apple is like a cult. Some are unaware of what is going on, some are just plain crazy, but their still all fruits.

Some of their software is great, and its also not as big of a target for hackers since apple computers don't have as big of a share in the computer industry. Other then that, i don't care about the superficial light, or ergonomic power button. They can have their polished turd, my machine will out run theirs any day and i spent half as much on it.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

All true believers are annoying. Look at the Real IRA. Real IRA, I ask you! Why not just call them 'I Can't Believe It's Not Murder'?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I loath it when Mac users bash Windows and then act as if there is nothing wrong with their systems, well I have news for them: Macs aren't the perfect creation either! * Mac fanboys gasp and faint in the face of such disrespect to their great apple adorned idol.*

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The thing is that macpeople, in their endless technophobia, actually doesnt know the difference between an OS and a brand of computers, so to them there is only "PC vs. mac" (a notion they got from those mac commercials where the PC is a fat guy).

But joining the list of companies that cant stand macpeople are Pixologic and Softimage. Pixologic did not make a macOS-port of their groundbreaking Zbrush3 as they did with previous versions, and Softimage software only supports Linux and Windows even though they could relatively easily make a mac-port from the linux version. Hah!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I keep hoping I'll see a mac parody ad where the PC guy is wearing a laser tag set, then a bunch of PC guys with laser tag sets show up and run around shooting each other. They invite the Mac guy who ends up having difficulty with the vest and gun, shoots himself with it, gets frustrated, tosses it all on the floor in a fit then complains they must have built it wrong and how its stupid and "he didn't really want to play anyway." He runs off to go play Zork instead.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I keep hoping I'll see a mac parody ad where the PC guy is wearing a laser tag set, then a bunch of PC guys with laser tag sets show up and run around shooting each other. They invite the Mac guy who ends up having difficulty with the vest and gun, shoots himself with it, gets frustrated, tosses it all on the floor in a fit then complains they must have built it wrong and how its stupid and "he didn't really want to play anyway." He runs off to go play Zork instead.

Hee hee :D I think you pretty much nailed the behaviour of a typical macmonkey right there o:)

I think that would be a kickarse spoof ad.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I have one simple reason why i could never buy a mac, and that is the games. I want games!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is it me or are all the people who switch from PC to Mac total douchebags who can't even turn on their computer? There's a video somewhere, where lots of people try to make the mac sound easy, but end up making it sound like a regular old PC and a bunch of morons.

20021126.jpg

Edited by WILL THE ALMIGHTY

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I enjoy Roosterteeth's (back before they were "Roosterteeth) Mac Gamer parody.

It used to be that when I'd go to the store there'd be games all over. But now I don't have that problem because with a Mac there's just 5 and you know which ones are good because you played them all 5 or 6 years ago on the PC!

Hi, my name is Gus Sirolla and I'm a gamer... well, I used to be.

Edited by Tale

I like macs for many things. They are fantastic for video editing, as is their software (Final Cut Pro), and Mac's are very stable machines. That being said, they are in many ways a console. They don't upgrade well if at all, and are almost always overpriced. The upside is that the parts work very well together and the OS and software need only support a tiny range of hardware. There's a lot of things to be said for stable machines that almost always due what you want them too without crashing or taking a few days to troubleshoot.

That being said, they are crap for games and awful for anyone on a budget.

On the social side of things, many mac users are morons, which means only that they are in fact, actually people and not the next stage of human development. PC "hardcore" are just as obnoxious, but instead of boasting about things that they don't know about, the boast about things that no one else cares about.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

And they, like all the other macpeople Ive ever met, are smug bastards who waste no time preaching about how superior their little tintoy is. Yet they dont really know anything about computers and always start crying and assume a fetal position at the sight of a text prompt.

Funny that all Mac people I have met (all are Computer Science students) are exact opposites of what you described here. Given your track record of Apple hate, what conclusion can be drawn here? :thumbsup:

My dad got like a 24 inch iMac not too long ago. He likes it because everything is just built into the monitor so it frees up space, the lack of viruses and such, and he finds it easy to use. He doesn't play games so its perfect for him.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

"PC "hardcore" are just as obnoxious, but instead of boasting about things that they don't know about, the boast about things that no one else cares about."

I don't really agree that the PC Hardcore always know what the hell they're talkin' 'bout, but that statement was comedy. Literally laughing out loud. hahaha

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

And they, like all the other macpeople Ive ever met, are smug bastards who waste no time preaching about how superior their little tintoy is. Yet they dont really know anything about computers and always start crying and assume a fetal position at the sight of a text prompt.

Funny that all Mac people I have met (all are Computer Science students) are exact opposites of what you described here. Given your track record of Apple hate, what conclusion can be drawn here? :)

One of my best friends has a macintosh laptop. But the thing is that he also owns several PC's with windows, BSD or linux on. So not everyone who owns a mac is annoying, just the majority :*

On the social side of things, many mac users are morons, which means only that they are in fact, actually people

Exactly the point! People are such jerks. I think we should get rid of them.

Funny that all Mac people I have met (all are Computer Science students) are exact opposites of what you described here. Given your track record of Apple hate, what conclusion can be drawn here? :)

That your school's CS program is overrun by hippies?

Umm... no edit button. Damnit.

20060513.jpg

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

fingering.png

Insert whatever text you will :)

In my experiences most mac users are computer neophytes that have bought into the "Macs are cool" hype apple is putting out. They don't brag at all, just some complaining about compatibility issues that pop up now and then.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

On the social side of things, many mac users are morons, which means only that they are in fact, actually people and not the next stage of human development. PC "hardcore" are just as obnoxious, but instead of boasting about things that they don't know about, the boast about things that no one else cares about.

=]

-Elwood Blues