Kotor 2 plot

I don't mean to be dense or anything, and maybe it's because I only played the game through once (waiting for the mod the wonderful gizka team are making <3)... but, I really don't get what the game was about... as in the point of it?

Eg.

at the end Kreia and you fight and she said something like she was glad you became powerful or something, but why do we go all the way to the end of the game with her to have her suddenly decide to kill you then? It seems a bit pointless as nothing has changed surely?

I haven't played it in a while because I've had some issues with Vista and Nvidia too but that was my impression of the whole plot... maybe I've forgotten something because it's been months since I played but still... I don't get it :) (and I hope I don't seem stupid... I might have overlooked something because I was plagued by computer faults too so maybe that wrecked the continuation of the game in my mind or something).

Also, another thing I didn't see the point of was Nihilus, have I just been dim and missed something or do you think it has something to do with the fact that content was cut and so I'm confused? Same with Atris actually. I mean, eg. with Nihilus,

I mean he was on the cover of the game but I swear he only appeared once and got killed pretty pathetically by Sion or something. And wasn't he meant to be some great feared Sith?

So yeah, I'm just wondering if I am just being completely dim, or maybe I am confused because of the way things were?

I hope I'm not bothering anyone by asking, but if you could just clear up my interpretation of the point of the game I'd be really greatful :) (I'm not saying the game was pointless, don't misinterpret me, I loved it, but I just like to feel I achieved something by the end of the game - that I didn't know at the beginning or something, and with Kotor 2 I just felt a bit, 'oh, was that it?'). Maybe I just need to play it again (and I will) but unlike Kotor, I can seriously remember barely anything because it all seemed a bit unpurposed, or maybe I have just forgotten, but I can't remember for the life of me why we travelled to different planets either lol :lol:

---- basically: the shortened summary of that was what was the driving force between the character getting from the start of the game to the end?

Edited by Kahiara

Try reading the summary on Wookiepedia - they've summarised stuff really well :lol:

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Try reading the summary on Wookiepedia - they've summarised stuff really well :brows:

Thank you this has cleared some things up for me :)

Then she confronts Darth Traya, who explains her motivation: she tried to use her to create another wound in the Force, so powerful that it would destroy the Force itself, rendering the Jedi and the Sith alike powerless, thus eliminating the unknown threat. If this plan failed, and the Exile defeated Kreia, then she would have proven herself worthy of fighting the threat alongside Revan.

I guess the other points I didn't understand with G0-T0, Nihilus and all that must have been from cut content. But now I sort of get the Kreia stuff. Maybe I couldn't get enough information from her because I could never get my influence high enough for all conversation options.

Thanks again :brows:

Edited by Kahiara

Maybe I couldn't get enough information from her because I could never get my influence high enough for all conversation options.

Parts of Kreia's diolog can only be triggered at particular points-for example you can only ask her whats been going on in the galaxy during the Exiles absence just after you leave Peragus but before you reach Citidel station, if you fail to ask her at this time you can't ask later on. Other questions can only be asked if you happen to have done particular things-such as visiting all the planets, and if you visit the planets in such a way that you find all the masters at the same time Kreia will then refuse to talk to you until you return to Dantooine. In other words it can be very easy to miss some of the things Kreia can talk about without realising you've done so.

The Sith Lords is about Kreia, and the Exile. Kreia was Revan's first master, the one the Jedi Council held responsible for his fall, and that of many others. She was exiled and joined Revan in the Mandalorian Wars, until she was lost trace of and thought to be a casualty. She spent years in Trayus Academy under the Sith alias Darth Traya, learning the ancient mysteries of the Sith, and studying the echo in the Force that the Exile created on Malachor V as she severed her connection to the Force. Kreia sought to understand how one could turn away from such power, give up the Force and still live, and she did. Eventually she was betrayed by her apprentices, stripped of her power, and cast out.

"No Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force."

"There is no truth in the Force. But there is truth in you, Exile. And that is why I chose you."

Wow, thanks :) It does make more sense now! It's so complex, or maybe just on a deeper level, but it all completely threw me. I'm really looking forward to replaying the game now. ^^

*does a happy little dance as she now gets what was going on* :blink:

that's frustating, I'd just like to know how Kreia get the Ebon Hawk as Revan was in the unknown regions :(

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's frustating, I'd just like to know how Kreia get the Ebon Hawk as Revan was in the unknown regions :(

Revan took some other ship, available somewhere/somehow (probably at Trayus Academy), and left the Ebon Hawk on Malachor V

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I believe Revan abandoned the Ebon Hawk along with the droids (the last of his companions) before venturing out to the Unknown Regions.

I think the implication-at least for cannon Revan-is that T3 was sent off on the Hawk to find help for Revan. I'm a little unclear if it was Revan who sent T3 or someone else, but T3 was looking for someone to help when he found the Exile. I'm sort of assuming that HK-47 was sent along with T3 on the same mission, presumably on the logic that the former could protect the latter.

T3's back story is easy to miss, since it requires a fair degree of influence with him and fairly high skills before you can trigger the conversation. HK-47's story is presumed, since he has (as far as I can recall) no memory of what he was doing on the Hawk and therefore no story to tell.

Edited by Darth Mortis

That's why I thought the robots were sent off. ^^

And with T3 and HK47 I never heard everything as despite my efforts I could never get the last repair for T3 and I wasn't evil enough for HK47, lol.

Maybe i misread something wrong aaaages ago, but, in the mod team gizka is working on weren't they going to make it possible for you to hear all the information by a certain stage in the plot despite influence, so that by a point where you should know it anyway you can? But it might have been a suggestion or something, I can't remember where I read it.

I think the implication-at least for cannon Revan-is that T3 was sent off on the Hawk to find help for Revan. I'm a little unclear if it was Revan who sent T3 or someone else, but T3 was looking for someone to help when he found the Exile. I'm sort of assuming that HK-47 was sent along with T3 on the same mission, presumably on the logic that the former could protect the latter.

T3's back story is easy to miss, since it requires a fair degree of influence with him and fairly high skills before you can trigger the conversation. HK-47's story is presumed, since he has (as far as I can recall) no memory of what he was doing on the Hawk and therefore no story to tell.

Revan didn't send T3.

In Korriban, blowing open the room with the detonators will destroy the holocron if you set Revan to LS; however, if you set Revan to DS, the holocron is not damaged and you can watch it - it shows Bastila programming T3 to find help if Revan goes missing, or if something happens.

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

Revan didn't send T3.

In Korriban, blowing open the room with the detonators will destroy the holocron if you set Revan to LS; however, if you set Revan to DS, the holocron is not damaged and you can watch it - it shows Bastila programming T3 to find help if Revan goes missing, or if something happens.

Wow! I have to try that alignment now :) Thanks :) Although

for LS players, Revan then may have sent T3 :ermm:

Wow! I have to try that alignment now :) Thanks :) Although

for LS players, Revan then may have sent T3 :p

True - but that is never confirmed in-game.

I think the implication-at least for cannon Revan-is that T3 was sent off on the Hawk to find help for Revan.
Now the question is how does that click into place? Revan left the Hawk on Malachor, could T3 fly it through mass shadows? Could Kreia? Did T3 wait for Kreia or just happened to pass by when she was cast out? How exactly did T3 find the Exile?

that was said in the story! Kreia find the exile while traveling with T3, that's not T3 that had found out where the exile was!

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

T3 wasn't sent to find the Exile, he/she/(it?) was sent to find

"a jedi", which just happened to be the Exile

Also, the Ebon Hawk wasn't left at Malachor, but rather it was left at the fringe of the outer rim. How Revan went on from there is not defined, but (s)he probably aquired another ship to carry on, leaving T3 and HK to take care of the ship in any eventuality.

Kreia, on the other hand, was specifically trying to find the Exile, they all came together in the wonderful world on coincidences which games play :)

T3 wasn't sent to find the Exile, he/she/(it?) was sent to find

"a jedi", which just happened to be the Exile

This does raise one interesting question-how did T3 know the Exile was a Jedi? The Exile had been away from Republic space since the end of the Mandolorian wars, something like 7 1/2 years ago, but T3 is only five years old so he can't have seen the Exile on the news and according the HK-47 information on specific Jedi was not widely avalible. Did someone give T3 detailed information on all the Jedi that were known to still be alive at the end of the Civil war?

The alternative is that T3 wasn't after the Exile but really after Kreia-which might make more sense given that Kreia was a Jedi Master and Revans first teacher. (That and if T3 had been sent after the Exile that could have meant both the main Character but also Kreia who was an Exile herself).

I spend far to much time thinking about such things........

I've really opened up a can of worms lol. All these theories sound really good and possible. I hope we do find out which it is though in Kotor 3.

I really like your idea of T3 being sent to find Kreia. :p And whilst T3 looked for Kreia they both came accross the Exile or so, who they thought could help Revan better maybe?

By the way, not to be dense, but at the end of Kotor 2 does your character (PC) go to the Outer Rim? And do they go in search of Revan/ have I missed something really obvious and got it wrong or got it right and just been really dim... (I just didn't understand Kotor 2 :( but I really think my computer crashes had a lot to do with it because it really made it harder for me to follow the plot when it would crash very often ruining the flow).

And why were the robots chasing us for again? (the HK ones). I will play the game again... I know I sound so noobish and stupid but I really think with all my computer problems and the cut stuff I got so confused and it all seemed so random.

This does raise one interesting question-how did T3 know the Exile was a Jedi? The Exile had been away from Republic space since the end of the Mandolorian wars, something like 7 1/2 years ago, but T3 is only five years old so he can't have seen the Exile on the news and according the HK-47 information on specific Jedi was not widely avalible. Did someone give T3 detailed information on all the Jedi that were known to still be alive at the end of the Civil war?

The alternative is that T3 wasn't after the Exile but really after Kreia-which might make more sense given that Kreia was a Jedi Master and Revans first teacher. (That and if T3 had been sent after the Exile that could have meant both the main Character but also Kreia who was an Exile herself).

I spend far to much time thinking about such things........

At some point, while on the Ebon Hawk, T3 plays back a recording of the Exile's "trial" at the Enclave on Dantooine; the scene where she becomes the exile, in other words.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

At some point, while on the Ebon Hawk, T3 plays back a recording of the Exile's "trial" at the Enclave on Dantooine; the scene where she becomes the exile, in other words.

He steals that from Atris after Atris steals the Ebon Hawk early in the game.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

He steals that from Atris after Atris steals the Ebon Hawk early in the game.

Oops. Forgot that bit.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

By the way, not to be dense, but at the end of Kotor 2 does your character (PC) go to the Outer Rim? And do they go in search of Revan/ have I missed something really obvious and got it wrong or got it right and just been really dim... (I just didn't understand Kotor 2 :) but I really think my computer crashes had a lot to do with it because it really made it harder for me to follow the plot when it would crash very often ruining the flow).

I think the implication is that regardless of the Exiles alignment he/she goes off to find Revan, which would mean leaving for the outer rim.

And why were the robots chasing us for again? (the HK ones). I will play the game again... I know I sound so noobish and stupid but I really think with all my computer problems and the cut stuff I got so confused and it all seemed so random.

We never find out, since this was cut content. However, the restoration project is restoring the droid factory which will help explain why the HK units where after the Exile, and who sent them.

I think

Goto

is involved in the creation of the HK army,

as a means of preserving the Republic, perhaps? It kind of makes sense as he mentions that the Exile is prone to triggering destabilising and catastrophic events, and is also the person behind the bounty (right?). I guess he created the droid army as a more efficient means of acquiring his goals, rather than having to rely on sentient beings.

I've only ever had enough influence over him once or twice to get him to spill the beans on his origin in the game, but I think it's pretty clear.