Crashing or frezing

Hi, I have played both games and completed them but got the urge to play them again.

When I try to play either game I get about 5-10mins play before my character and the surroundings go dark like they are heavily shadowed, it jerks then my character is unable to move. I have looked at other threads similar and got the advice of if running dual core processors to download a Microsoft hotfix and use vsink. I have done this and all it gets me is a few more minutes before it crashes on me again.

both games used to run on my old system but this is the first time I have ran them on my new system so I think it is either my processor or my new graphics card (which has the latest drivers)

My computer specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

ATI Radeon X1950 Crossfire

2 GB ram

Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

Any idea on how to fix the problem or am I doomed to never play kotor 1 & 2 again?

Hi, I have played both games and completed them but got the urge to play them again.

When I try to play either game I get about 5-10mins play before my character and the surroundings go dark like they are heavily shadowed, it jerks then my character is unable to move. I have looked at other threads similar and got the advice of if running dual core processors to download a Microsoft hotfix and use vsink. I have done this and all it gets me is a few more minutes before it crashes on me again.

both games used to run on my old system but this is the first time I have ran them on my new system so I think it is either my processor or my new graphics card (which has the latest drivers)

My computer specs are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+

ATI Radeon X1950 Crossfire

2 GB ram

Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro

Any idea on how to fix the problem or am I doomed to never play kotor 1 & 2 again?

From what I can tell it sounds like either your processor but most probably your graphics card overheats, the computer - naturally - slows it down so that there wouldn't be a total meltdown on its circuits. As Mortis said above, KotoR II (and also many other games), seem to dislike ATI-cards.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

I'm not too big into all this computer stuff at all, so i won't even attempt to talk about that. But if you can never get it fixed so it doesn't freeze, you could always just quick save a lot so you can keep advancing no matter what, but i wouldn't recommend that, cause it definetly takes away from the experience.