Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition is on the way...

Sand

The point is that there needs to be a happy medium in which we have good rule mechanics that are clear and concise, powerful enough to handle various genres and settings, and allows a degree of complexity that lets players to make unique but balanced characters within its system. d20/3.5e does that very well, so why try to fix it when it is not broken?

I won't change my mind of WotC, though. That video clearly shows what they think of their players.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I think a lot of people over use ADHD and ADD as the blame for dumbing down games, may it be table top or PC/Console. I think it is because the designers think their target audience is just too stupid to figure out mre complex rules. Did anyone here see that 4e promo video that WotC made? Man, that ticked me off to no end that WotC thinks that their player base is actually that idiotic.

I blame kiddies and their uber graphix consoles.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I think a lot of people over use ADHD and ADD as the blame for dumbing down games, may it be table top or PC/Console. I think it is because the designers think their target audience is just too stupid to figure out mre complex rules. Did anyone here see that 4e promo video that WotC made? Man, that ticked me off to no end that WotC thinks that their player base is actually that idiotic.

I blame people who want a gaming experience that doesn't require a calculator, is easy to get friends into, and avoids bickering over conflicting interpretations of ambiguous or poorly defined rules.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

I blame people who want a gaming experience that doesn't require a calculator, is easy to get friends into, and avoids bickering over conflicting interpretations of ambiguous or poorly defined rules.

totally, if i don't have to stop the game to look up stuff on charts every 5 minutes during combat then it just isn't worth it.

People will do what they always do with this version. They will take the rules they like and dump the ones they don't. I have yet to meet a single person who actually follows all the rules in any edition, they all merge what they feel to be the best elements of several. Just take what you feel to be an improvement and stick with the system that has the most that you like applying new rules that fit.

When does 3.5e ever needed a freaking calculator?!?!?! Hell, I have had newbies join the group and they caught on pretty damn quickly to the rules. So, according to what you said 3.5e is not broken, so why fix it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I have a great idea. Let's solve these issues by avoiding providing any rules for all areas of gameplay where problems might arise. Indeed, we can make rules just for combat and ignore the rest.

- 4E D&D Designer :ermm:

(Hyperbole can work on both sides of the issue!)

Edited by Magister Lajciak

I thought it was monkeys in a barrel. :o

I thought it was monkeys in a barrel. :o

He probably meant the ease of stirring up **** is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I highly doubt you even know what Ritalin does.

Ritalin is a prescription stimulant commonly used to treat Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD. It contains methylphenidate, a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, which increases the level of the dopamine neurotransmitter in the brain by partially blocking the transporters that remove it from the synapses.

Hey buddy, I had a spiel typed up for you about misconceptions about ADHD, but then I figured since you're so keen on reading up on wikipedia and such, why don't I just link you to a page with some explanations? http://www.brain-dynamics.net/publications...t.jsp?PubID=717

Edited by Krezack

Hey buddy, I had a spiel typed up for you about misconceptions about ADHD, but then I figured since you're so keen on reading up on wikipedia and such, why don't I just link you to a page with some explanations?

Hey buddy, I was gonna read that link you sent me but then i saw a squirrel and started chasing it instead.

dumber than a bag of hammers

Will you two give it a rest! Sheesh. :)

I don't care who started it. You two are bickering like Volourn and I use to do and that is definitely not a good sign. :)

The first option.

It's his fourth(?) account on these boards.

No Gromnir Il-Khan deal here, unfortunately.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, what Muso said. :)

At least you and Volourn are both cool guys in the end. This one's a bit of seedy ****er. :ermm:

My post was on-topic, talking about 4e. you're the one that had a little hissy fit about ADHD.

Seriously, dude, let it go.

dumber than a bag of hammers