Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition is on the way...

Sand

:thumbsup:

:*

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Krezy, what I am saying is that 4e is not needed. There is no good reason to reinvent the wheel. There is an old saying that needs to applied here. If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e is not broken. It works and it gets the job done very very very well. There is no need for a DnD 4e. Its been only a few short years since the last edition release of 3.5e. 4e is nothing but a money grab for WotC. They cannot think of anything new so they are trying to rehash what's there, add in a few worthless bells and whistles, make characters more uber, and throw it out for the public.

No real innovation.

Nothing new or improved.

Just the same old crap in a different form.

The changes being made to 4E are substantial. In fact, from the looks of it this edition transition appears to be the biggest rules change between editions of D&D thus far. Whether the changes being made are good is another matter. I personally feel that some are good (e.g. every class getting something interesting at every level), while others are negative (e.g. the removal of various abilities from monsters to make them 'more focused', which may make them easier to run in combat, but eliminates many abilities that would be useful for monsters as NPCs - I hope they add rituals for monsters to compensate, but with the focus of 4E on combat, I am somewhat sceptical).

This sort of thing is one of the many reasons why I am not going to get 4e and why I am sticking to 3.5e. I just think that the chaotic nature of combat should be unpredictable and make allowances for lucky strikes that can bring about an unforeseen character death. Such is the dangers of being an adventurer. Overcoming such dangers, even by the skin of the teeth, is what makes the game fun for me. WotC is taking that fun away with 4e.

Stick with AD&D and you can't go wrong.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

100 year time jump confirmed.

new article is up, well the 4E realms look good to a point , now it looks way to much like eberron, and eberron stinks.

Sembia is shade occupied

unther is now called something else, and is ruled by the dragonborn

the swordcoast escaped pretty much unscathed

cormyr is called imperial cormyr

moonshae is screwed up to some extent

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

incase anyone wants to read it

The Realms of 1479 DR

Ninety-four years ago, Mystra perished and the world went mad.

Unchecked, ungoverned, the raw stuff of wild magic danced across the world, wreaking terrible destruction. Cities burned, kingdoms fell, luckless people were changed into monsters, and mages went berserk. This was the Spellplague, a rippling outbreak of hundreds, perhaps thousands, of magical catastrophes that left no corner of Faer

Edited by steelfiredragon

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Hahhah, Draconians.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Hahhah, Draconians.

Yeah :)

Dragonlance used to be cool back then...

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Ah, Dragonlance. I was 14 and Raistlin was Jesus.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Looks well enough. Could do with a good CRPG, if Atari hadn't just reaffirmed its stranglehold on the property. We might not see a D&D game until Atari is put in the ground.

Have Wizards of the Coast and Atari fallen out or something?

Ah, Dragonlance. I was 14 and Raistlin was Jesus.

For who he wasn't? (unfortunately that includes authors themselves :sorcerer: )

That Sword Coast (and "reasons" for it) hasn't changed nearly at all is ridiculous - "oh crap they won't like the changes so let's let them keep area completely same so we won't scare their money away. Besides, everyone plays at Sword Coast".

Phail.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

I'm happy that they refurbished Thay and Anauroch(sp?), the new areas might be interesting. Not to mention Baldur's Gate becoming like Mississippi delta - full of racial tension, crime and minorities.

But what about Luskan and Spine of the World? Neverwinter?

kirottu said:

Looks like s**t.

Although I would use different words, I do agree. It looks like to me that they wanted to do a whole new setting but keep the Forgotten Realms moniker for only marketing reasons. Its time for a new game system, I believe. I wonder if Cyberpunk v3 is any good.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I'm happy that they refurbished Thay and Anauroch(sp?), the new areas might be interesting. Not to mention Baldur's Gate becoming like Mississippi delta - full of racial tension, crime and minorities.

But what about Luskan and Spine of the World? Neverwinter?

Yeah, I'm interested in the Spine of the World, too.

I heard Phaerrim got faggoted out the setting.

Also, "Reborn Netherese Empire" is Star Wars EU worthy :sorcerer:

Edited by Xard

Looks like s**t.

Although I would use different words, I do agree. It looks like to me that they wanted to do a whole new setting but keep the Forgotten Realms moniker for only marketing reasons. Its time for a new game system, I believe. I wonder if Cyberpunk v3 is any good.

Well I'm blunt and to the point.

FR can burn, WotC can burn and go bankrupt for all I care.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Well I'm blunt and to the point.

Blunt and has a pioint. :lol: One of the many reasons why I like you. :thumbsup:

One issue I have with the 4th edition is that it seems to completely shut out simulationist gamers. I recall that WotC market research found that RPG gamers fall into 4 quandrants with approximately 20% of gamers in each (and about 20 percent smack in the middle). One of those quadrants was analogous to simulationist gaming and others to other concepts. I understand why WotC would want to sacrifice 20% of their customers to please 80% of their market, but it still hurts to be on the losing side and being a simulationist gamer I am rather miffed by this and unsure whether I will pick up the 4th edition.