Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition is on the way...

Sand

I like some of the 4e changes.

the 2ed/3e wizard sucks.

the 4e one sounds a bit better.

i dont like playing a wizard and having to rely on ol' betsy with the broken saftey.

i however dont like what they are doing to the realms., mainly killing off the high leveled casters, thats just dumb.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Ol' Betsy?

When my wizard is out of spells he just goes into melee and go at it with sword and shield.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Mithril chain shirt and mithril heavy shield to be honest, wielding a masterwork alchemical silver short sword. Sometimes he dual wields with a light mace.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

so far the realms 4.0 sounds like a dirty diaper from 3 days ago in a newborn icu .

That sounds like a well informed decision that was made after many hours of careful consideration.

and that sounds like a poor attempt at sarcasm.

you failed

turn in your moderator status.

you cant be a moderator and do poor at sarcasm you must succeed at sarcasm

and fr4.0 sound bad as they are doing away with all the deities, they are trying to say that sehanine and selune are one in the same.

next up will be sune and hanali

boycott fr 4.0 wait for FR 5.0

Strength through Mercy

4E sucks I don't see how people can praise it. The rules are bad enough, but trashing the Forotten Realms setting is blasphemy. Killing most of the gods and making changes with others is just plain stupid. They might as well have created a new setting and just call it quits with the Forgotten Realms instead of dragging it into the dirt.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

so far the realms 4.0 sounds like a dirty diaper from 3 days ago in a newborn icu .

That sounds like a well informed decision that was made after many hours of careful consideration.

you failed

and fr4.0 sound bad as they are doing away with all the deities, they are trying to say that sehanine and selune are one in the same.

Hello mister stupid,

I am here to inform you that:

a) Joe Bulock is a developer working at Obsidian rather than a moderator

b) By all accounts if we are to judge his post as sarcasm, it was rather witty and well done! But why should we consider it sarcasm? Perhaps it is indeed a compliment for your outstanding show of intellect and wisdom!

Regards,

Me

Anyone perfect must be lying, anything easy has its cost

Anyone plain can be lovely, anyone loved can be lost

It might actually just as well be non sarcastic, as I did spend hours reading rumors and snippets of facts given by the Wizards and came to about the same conclusion. At first I even was positively excited about Living FR, for example, and curious about the new abilities dependent on your characters race, but now, after more and more disappointing information, I sure can't say much more than that critisised post did. I'll certainly have a look at the new core rules when they come out, but right now I don't see a realistic chance of me ever be able to enjoy a game set 4E FR, let alone running a round set in these new, bland and simplified surroundings devoid of any FR-feel they seem to be creating.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Hey, I like Bullock as much as the next guy, but he's posting here and so his comments are open to the exact same amount of criticism and scrutiny as any other member. Not only that, but I didn't think the comment was witty. On the other hand, I didn't find SFD's comments witty either. Mine sure as hell aren't witty. My comment: They shouldn't scrap the Forgotten Realms setting now. They should have scrapped it about 15 years ago. As far as the ROOLZ go, as opposed to the setting changes, I'll wait to see.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

you failed

Hello mister stupid,

b) By all accounts if we are to judge his post as sarcasm, it was rather witty and well done! But why should we consider it sarcasm? Perhaps it is indeed a compliment for your outstanding show of intellect and wisdom!

Regards,

Me

in fact by name calling you are violating the end users agreement.

i read his post quickly and read the tag under his name as moderator.

my posts are not and never have been whitty, and his post was poor sarcasm.

i have not posted my reasons for stating that $ edition realms smells like a 3day old diaper from a newborn intensive care unit.

but i dont feal the need that i have to since everyone else already has.

the loss of the stat blocks, killing off gods and goddesses, combining gods and goddesses, having an eberron fan as a development lead or something, poor choice of comments made by $e developmenters.

will it end up being sick feces from a newborn intensive care unit, well i plan to boycott it myself if that ends up the case.

Ill give wotc the 4e wizard, never liked the spell slots.

but i also liked my ranger and paladin being able to cast spells to. and i have yet been able to find anything out about that part.

Strength through Mercy

Hello mister stupid,

Regards,

Me

Hey, Presto, we all know who Joe is and let me tell you something. We Obsidianites treat everyone the same regardless if he or she is a regular poster, moderator, or an Obs Employee. On a further note, I am naked while posting this.

:thumbsup:

Just one thing: What prevents you people from playing in the old ed even after 4th is launched? I don't see their revamp as a problem, but you seem to look upon the thing like it's killing your enjoyment of the previous editions.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Just one thing: What prevents you people from playing in the old ed even after 4th is launched? I don't see their revamp as a problem, but you seem to look upon the thing like it's killing your enjoyment of the previous editions.

That's a great point. The worst you'll have to do is tinker with the old stats to produce a new Mystra. With as much as you guys like to play with the rules, I don't see why that's a problem.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

uhh, they suck regardless so...?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Greenwood the pervert? :lol:

Don't know about Cunningham, like all other "rpg"-literature I'd guess her writing would range from abysmal to average, but I could be wrong

... it's not like whole fantasy genre has too many masters of prose

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)