Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition is on the way...

Sand

Mysteries of Westgate is the only one that I know of. Though, some D&D games do fly under the radar. Dungeons and Dragons Tactics, for example.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

If Mystra is dead then so is the Weave. No more magic except for the Shadow Weave. It has been clearly established in Forgotten Realms lore that Mystra is what keeps the Weave in existance. No Mystra, no Weave, therefore no magic.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

If Mystra is dead then so is the Weave. No more magic except for the Shadow Weave. It has been clearly established in Forgotten Realms lore that Mystra is what keeps the Weave in existance. No Mystra, no Weave, therefore no magic.

no shadowweave either, those were the words of Ed Greenwood, with the weave gone, the shadow weave is gone.

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

So no magic whatsoever?

Sounds like a wonderful idea. :)

Might as well rename the campaign setting to d20 Past.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

They can easily get around that. Mystra has died before. Mystra's like a Marvel superhero.

Yes, but if she stays dead this time then there is no magic. Period.

Yes, but if she stays dead this time then there is no magic. Period.

1) If she stays dead.

2) If the designers/Ao decrees it.

There will be magic. Period.

If she stays dead. Also AO would only make a new goddess of magic anyway, if he bothers at all.

Also this whole kill her then make a new goddess of magic is old. Either keep the Goddess or ditch magic. Killing her, bring her back, kill her again, bring her back, kill her again, blah blah blah. If you are going to bother to kill a major aspect of a campaign setting... KEEP IT DEAD or don't bother.

They kill her to justify changes to magic in the setting.

Then I guess a new source of magic will be discovered. I hope this will make magic less present. To be honest I've never played in FR, but these changes might make me check it out. The old FR was ... I don't know ... too finished? I had read too much about it and it felt unchangeable. That's why I like Eberron right now, there are lots of unknown. You can go to Xen'drik and explore unknown areas, if you're crazy you get try getting to Argonessen, if you feel like having your mind blown up you can go to Sarlona. Not much is known about a lot of the world. You can let your imagination do its job.

Which is nothing more than a load of crap. I say retire the setting and start anew, like they did with Eberron. A brand new campaign setting for a brand new version of DnD.

Which is nothing more than a load of crap. I say retire the setting and start anew, like they did with Eberron. A brand new campaign setting for a brand new version of DnD.

Or you can get over it.

Nah. That would be too rational.

They are changing up the Pantheon of Gods a great deal, so I wouldn't expect the death/removal of any one diety to really be that big of a deal. I'm not imagining a great deal of consistency with previous 2.0 3.0, 3.5 etc... They seem to be ripping out so much to simplify/improve the new edition that I'm not looking to make much sense out of the info we're getting currently, as most of it seems entirely without context.

My blood! He punched out all my blood! - Meet the Sandvich

It's gay Mystra's going to die though :thumbsup:

Although I like "Spellplague". More crazed casters FTW! Also, maybe this's how we get rid of ridiculous

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

If they kill Mystra and don't have another Mystra to take her place then they have pretty much killed FR. No Mystra, no magic. That has been established since that whole Karsus episode at the end of Netheril.

From Wiki: "With the announced release of D&D's 4th Edition, Forgotten Realms will continue to be a supported campaign setting, starting with a revised campaign setting in August 2008. It was also stated that popular characters like Elminster and Drizzt Do'Urden will be included."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forgotten_Rea...ing#4th_Edition

They should just deep six it like they did Greyhawk.

... the more things change, the more they stay the same, your never going to change your mind are you?

they have to many human deities as is, some of which could be cut(looking at the mulohaundi pantheon)

its likely that

tempus greater war deity

red knight servant

vaulkur servant

whats his name servant

whats his name unwilling servant( or they could kill him off, wont miss netherese war god anyway)

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

4th. EDITION???!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!... I'll never join you! :aiee:

If your going to go out. You'ot to go out Hysterically. HA, HA, HA, HA, HA.... HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA...

NO ONE BETTER DISPUTE MY PUDD'EN!!!HarleyQuinn.jpg

I'm glad that they're killing off some of the big names. The FR setting is a fat, bloated pig. It waddles around freely because so many people like a fatty diet with lots of pork, but it would not only be healthier on a diet, it would taste a hell of lot better also.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Or they could just put it out of our misery and start anew.

It's too well known and profitable.

I thought 3.x sucked but 4th Ed really takes the cake. WTF are they doing killing the gods again, especially Mystra? The whole D&D setting has become lame. I'll stick with my old AD&D ruleset and the stories of the past.

WTF. AD&D sucks. 2nd edition is pain (lol@my latest replay of BG2).

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

It's too well known and profitable.

I thought 3.x sucked but 4th Ed really takes the cake. WTF are they doing killing the gods again, especially Mystra? The whole D&D setting has become lame. I'll stick with my old AD&D ruleset and the stories of the past.

WTF. AD&D sucks. 2nd edition is pain (lol@my latest replay of BG2).

Nah. You fail.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.