PETA priorities

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6948738.stm

PETA speaks out against Hamas' treatment of animals. The terrifying thing is that in many people's minds this is a clearer moral issue than terrorism.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

PETA has just one thing they care passionately about, thats fine too.

Just remember that Hamas is more than just a terrorist organisation, they provide health care and 'education' as well as social work. So in that vein it does matter what they get up to other than blowing people up.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

PETA has just one thing they care passionately about, thats fine too.

Just remember that Hamas is more than just a terrorist organisation, they provide health care and 'education' as well as social work. So in that vein it does matter what they get up to other than blowing people up.

You know Gorgon, you do say some off the wall things from time to time but are you seriously suggesting that if Hamas does a few good things it mitigates this: Hamas Terrorist Attacks Dec 2001 to Jan 2006?

If you think it does then I simply do not understand you. Or were you making a joke and I didn't get it?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

^ His point is simply that Hamas is involved in other stuff, not just murder and mayhem, so if some nutty animal loving group wants to focus on some of that other stuff, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean really, is anyone going to start taking PETA seriously if when making complaints they first point out that they are also against terrorism? That'd just make them look even nuttier.

What does Walsh expect?

Dear Hamas,

Please stop with the animal cruelty. And the terrorism, that's also bad.

Love Peta.

Anyway, it disturbs me more that children are being taught that if they swing cats by the tail and throw stones at lions, they will be beaten to death by Israeli agents. That's some quality children's television.

Edited by Hell Kitty

PETA focuses on its sphere. Its People's Ethical Treatment of Animals, not People's Ethical Treatment of Humans. Yes, terrorism is bad and all, but that is outside PETA's mandate and there are other organizations that cover that issue.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It's like staring at Godzilla rampaging across downtown Tokyo and saying "You know, I don't think posture's very good." As he chews up a power station.

I'm talking priorities here.

EDIT: or criticising the unrestricted trade in arms because it is untidy.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's like staring at Godzilla rampaging across downtown Tokyo and saying "You know, I don't think posture's very good." As he chews up a power station.

Would you expect the national chiropractor's association to comment on how bad he is, instead? Seems a bit outside their sphere.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Would you expect the national chiropractor's association to comment on how bad he is, instead? Seems a bit outside their sphere.

My point precisely. I am commenting on the wider issue of how asinine PETA's mission is in the context of the far greater evils afoot in the world.

-Elwood Blues

My point precisely. I am commenting on the wider issue of how asinine PETA's mission is in the context of the far greater evils afoot in the world.

While I might agree with you in principle, I think it would be unwise to make such an assertion. If "animal rights" is an unworthy cause compared to other, greater ones, then we're saying that the greater the scope of the problem, the more important it is, which sort of negates the "ground-up" approach to solving certain problems. More than that, we could similarly say that curbing domestic abuse is a waste of time when there are children starving in North Korea. I think domestic abuse is a pretty nasty thing, and while it might not be as glamorous as famine relief or stopping terrorism, it's probably a worthy thing to fight.

No, we shouldn't be saying that "animal rights" are insignificant next to greater causes, we should say that "animal rights" are an insignificant cause, period. But then again, I've always held views of the Benthamite strain in contempt.

Besides, it's funny how similar Hamas and PETA are. Both have a social / political wing, and both have a militant / terrorist wing (in PETA's case, the ALF). It's a sort-of amusing version of the "one man's terrorist, another man's freedom fighter" problem. PETA doesn't view Hamas' goal of jihad or palestinian revolt or whatever in high regard, and Hamas' doesn't give two ****s about the poor widdle mouses, but they hold in common a shared view of necessary and just violence against civilians.

PETA can speak out about anything they want. There's no reason to say they can't.

Theres' no reason they shouldn't be able to say what they want, there's plenty of reason that they should be ignored.

Edited by Pop

PETA was recently in trouble for hiring a arsonist to firebomb another medical research laboratory -he had already done one for them, but he was careless this time round-, and said, or at least the people who hired the wacko said, that they would have preferred the bombing to take place while the scientists were inside*...

*This was on NPR a few months ago....

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Peta is just a despicable and fundamentally flawed organization of yahoos and bastardized sobs. You can't trust them. Mankind was meant to eat meat and animals. Yeah it sucks that animals get treated bad but I mean come on without those cute little critters we wouldn't have such a developed brain and plus vegans are built like little 12 year olds and should be *theslug skidoos beyond gonzo and into unacceptable territory*

*Edited by Walsingham*

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

PETA was recently in trouble for hiring a arsonist to firebomb another medical research laboratory -he had already done one for them, but he was careless this time round-, and said, or at least the people who hired the wacko said, that they would have preferred the bombing to take place while the scientists were inside*...

*This was on NPR a few months ago....

That's the usual PETA line. They can't officially condone terrorist actions but they hope they succeed.

This is the second thread this week that I thought was going to be about Atlanta Falcons quarterback (and professional no-goodnik) Michael Vick.

Although another PETA-related Vick story isn't as exciting as reading about how he is trying to acquire missiles for Al Qaeda...

Edited by Darth Drabek

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I love this world. One absurdity after another.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Although another PETA-related Vick story isn't as exciting as reading about how he is trying to acquire missiles for Al Qaeda...

and getting sued for $63,000,000,000 Billion dollars. that's one quintillion for you and me... :x

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I think Pop got it right. I'm not saying PETA should be muzzled <sic>, just that they should be ruthlessly ignored. Although I am slightly impressed on reflection that for once they're harassing a major terrorist organisation rather than rich old ladies. I'd like to see them fling paint at their leaders in Paris!

Obviously gradualism is worthwhile in even the most extreme situations. I often recall the example of a soldier who handed out lipstick to the survivors of Bergen-Belsen. When I first hieard this I thought it was grotesque. But it turns out that this simple luxury and emasure of control made a massive difference psychologically. However, PETA act as if they are the most crucial campaign on the planet, and I'm utterly tired of people who empathise more with animals than their fellow human beings.

-Elwood Blues