Did Kreia Ever Say Revan is more powerful than Nihilus?

The only force user Kreia compares to Revan is the Exile, and that was about how she 'sees' them through the force rather than how powerful they were in relation to each other. It would in any case have been hard for Kreia to state how powerful Revan was, since I don't think she'd seen him for years.

The only force user Kreia compares to Revan is the Exile, and that was about how she 'sees' them through the force rather than how powerful they were in relation to each other. It would in any case have been hard for Kreia to state how powerful Revan was, since I don't think she'd seen him for years.

Well said mate.

Besides it's very difficult to compare Revan's Power/Strength in comparison to Nihilus.

In martial arts Revan could probably take on 4 jedi knights without even getting a scratch. Nihilus was surely powerful himself, but in the end it didn't take more than just one Jedi Knight to bring him down. I'm guessing we all can remember the wise words of Master Yoda "Only a Jedi Knight, with the Force as his ally (can conquer Vader and his Emperor <---i leave that part out since it doesn't fit here hehehe :unsure: )

Revan's strength was in the power to inspire troops/people to do his bidding, similar to the very onconscious leadership that the Exile inspired into his own followers. Revan inspired people through speaking, spreading teachings. The Exile inspired people by actions more than words

Revan's force power differs way too much from Nihilus to be compared IMO. Only Jedi (I say Jedi since I'm thinking of the canon- Revan/Exile now) to be truly comparable to Nihilus would be the Jedi Exile. One could say that Nihilus was the Jedi exile in a very dark, depressed kind of mood :p (see how far women's moods can go eh? :lol: )

my two cents,

Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

There is no such quote in the game, but pressumably Nihilus was supposed to be stronger.

The reason I say so is because I remember reading somewhere that during initial production of the game, Nihilus' face-mask was meant to be made from Revan's skull. However, as the game designers wanted to leave the game more open-ended, they did not elaborate on it much further. I would like for them to have followed that story-line... Basically I'd like to see more of Nihilus; nicely designed and enigmatic.

In any case though, a jedi who can suck the life out of entire planets does seem pretty hard to beat, unless of course you happen to be an exiled jedi who's come back to finish some business...

Edited by refuse

This is the second time I have heard someone mention that with the mask, though I have yet so see it myself, where does it come from?

It's not in the game anyway. Nihilus has this one special power, without it he isn't exactly unbeatable. I don't think that his raw force-abilities are as good as Revan or Malak's, though he would likely beat both because of his hunger. Unless Revan knows something against that power, you never know what he's really capable of, being the former Sith Lord and all.

This is the second time I have heard someone mention that with the mask, though I have yet so see it myself, where does it come from?

It's not in the game anyway. Nihilus has this one special power, without it he isn't exactly unbeatable. I don't think that his raw force-abilities are as good as Revan or Malak's, though he would likely beat both because of his hunger. Unless Revan knows something against that power, you never know what he's really capable of, being the former Sith Lord and all.

Know also that Revan found Malachor first and that nobody knows exactly what secrets he unlocked from Trayus Academy. It is possible, that Revan either knows a way to counter such a power - or how to wield one for himself. Knowing Revan's natural thirst for knowledge, it is assumable that he DOES know of this power and also how to use it.

Remember that (in game) Revan could learn how to siphon life and force energies out of an opponent to empower himself. Surely Nihilus knew this on a larger scale - but the Developers had to naturally diminish Revan's use of this power. If Revan was more powerful than Nihilus with his own life/force-sucking abilities - lord knows what he could REALLY do to the galaxy.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

It is never stated one way or another, but Kreia does acknowledge that Revan (at then time) was her greatest student, but that even he strayed from her teachings.

This could just be Kreia's passive way of diminshing Nihilus/Sion with words to the Exile and not so much praise of Revan.

Kreia would no doubt say that the Exile was the strongest (And she did say that she was her best student, assuming you follow the canon LS/Neutral path), seeing that the Exile ripped herself away from the Force, where as Revan, Sion and Nihilus thrived in it.

Power wise, Nihilus is pure Force, feeding and using. Revan was battle and Force combined and there is no doubt in my mind that Revan could null Nihilus and his Force advances.

But no, it was never stated one way or another.

wookiedance.gif

Revan is a strageist.....................Supposely So If there was a Revan vs. Nihilus battle, Revan rather set a trap to make Nihilus weaker and So he can have a chance against him. Also I do think Revan would use his allies and his knowledge and wisdom to protect them and himself while battling Nihilus.

Revan trumpiahs Nihilus on stragety.

Nihilus trumpiahs Revan on Force powers.

Revan rather set a trap to make Nihilus weaker and So he can have a chance against him.
Yeah, but no trick of Revan's would fool Nihilus, not because he's smarter than Revan, but because he would feel it. Kreia could do it because the Force had been stripped from her. Like Master Vrook says, there are techniques in the Force that hide one's presence and thoughts, but such techniques alone would not be enough to cloak one such as Kreia, or Revan. I don't think Revan would have fared well against big black.

Revan rather set a trap to make Nihilus weaker and So he can have a chance against him.
Yeah, but no trick of Revan's would fool Nihilus, not because he's smarter than Revan, but because he would feel it. Kreia could do it because the Force had been stripped from her. Like Master Vrook says, there are techniques in the Force that hide one's presence and thoughts, but such techniques alone would not be enough to cloak one such as Kreia, or Revan. I don't think Revan would have fared well against big black.

I *Think* the implication was that it was the Jedi who stripped Kreia of the force, or at least that was my understanding given her comments to the Exile about the Jedi doing such things and that Sion wasn't surprised in the slightest that she had force powers on Peragus.

I'm not sure that Revan or Kreia would have needed to hide their thoughts from Nilius that much anyway. It would seem that while Nilius had a great deal of power on the large scale he had trouble focusing on smaller things-such as individuals. When you board his ship Mandolore does ask Visas why, if her (ex) master is so powerful, he hasn't killed them as they boarded the ship. Visas replies that they are beneath his notice and he's probably unaware that they are even on the ship. The Jedi masters before this state that the reason they had gone their diffenent ways (or one of the reasons) was that when a number of Jedi came together they vanished. To me this implies that Nilius can 'see' planets just fine, but its much harder for him to focus on smaller things-and hence he wouldn't be able to bring his full power to bare on a single Jedi. This would also explain why he didn't just suck all the life out of Mandolore during his fight with the Exile-assuming that the Exile and Visas were immune or resistant to that power-The Exile because they were a wound in the force and Visas because she was linked to Nilius.

Given Revans natural ability to lay traps and think three steps ahead of opponents, and his natural drive for knowledge, I think it would be fairly safe to say that if it came to a fight and he had some warning of it he'd have done exactly the same thing to Nilius Kreia did-namely trick Nilius into attacking a system that didn't provide enough energy for him to feed on before attacking Nilius directly. Of course this does raise the interesting question of who was smarter, Kreia or Revan?

Edited by Darth Mortis

Keeping within Canon with Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, Kotor 1 and 2.. The amount of the knowledge of the Force Revan has is pretty great. So hiding from Nihilus would be easy for Revan.

Then again, more I think about it, the more Pathetic Nihilus really is...... So much potential Nihilus has.....as a Sith Lord.....but then again he is better than Sion anyday.

My point was that the stronger one is in the Force, the less can they hope to hide from him, his reach in the Force is such that even a stray thought may draw him. Kreia herself could touch minds throughout the galaxy, remember Atris and the betrayal of the Handmaiden pledging herself to the Exile?

Well you are forgetting about Revan's strengths and Nihilus's weakness.

Any good stragety usually apply the Strenght against the weakness. So Revan will apply his strenght(Both stragety and knowledge of the force) to Nihilus's weakness(force hunger).

Revan will not foolish fight Nihilus openly unless Revan had a plan already in the works to defeat Nihilus. For Revan without a plan will be annilate by Nihilus.

Revan can use his emotion in the similar to how Atton uses his emotions to shield his thoughts.

You can learn that From Hk-47 and his lessons to defeating Force users in Kotor 2.

Any good stragety usually apply the Strenght against the weakness. So Revan will apply his strenght(Both stragety and knowledge of the force) to Nihilus's weakness(force hunger).

Revan will not foolish fight Nihilus openly unless Revan had a plan already in the works to defeat Nihilus. For Revan without a plan will be annilate by Nihilus.

Revan can use his emotion in the similar to how Atton uses his emotions to shield his thoughts.

You can learn that From Hk-47 and his lessons to defeating Force users in Kotor 2.

See my posts on Page 1.

I see here only Revan fanboys stating how Revan would do this, or Revan would do that to pwn Nihilus back to the Stone Age. You really must understand that Revan and Nihilus differ way too much from eachother to be truly compared in a fair manner.

Revan wouldn't do s*it if Nihilus would come upon him unsuspectingly. Nihilus wouldn't be able to do **** to defend himself if it came to a Lightsaber duel. The ONLY way to destroy Nihilus was to wound him with a WOUND in the force. Remember that any weapon that would be tossed against him would be pretty useless. Nihilus is more an ethereal being than a man of flesh and blood.

Period

I am not be a Revan fanboy but as a devil adovate. Then again I do consider Revan to be one of the more dangerous sith lords of all time. I do say within the Top 10.

To Darth Mortis, I do think Kreia and Revan's intelligence are very damn high and probaly equal to each other.

Then again, I do value intelligence and knowledge over raw force power.

To Darth Mortis, I do think Kreia and Revan's intelligence are very damn high and probaly equal to each other.

I daresay that Revan's knowledge of the Force would be greater than Kreia's. Know that Revan had MANY masters after he emptied the knowledge of Kreia. And I think it's a bit wrong to say 'intelligence' in that debate, would be better to say 'cunning'. So IMO Revan was more cunning (in most aspects) than Kreia. Remember that Kreia was also considered by other jedi (at the time) as a nutjob/traitor rather than a genious.

Edited by Rycal

Then again, more I think about it, the more Pathetic Nihilus really is...... So much potential Nihilus has.....as a Sith Lord.....but then again he is better than Sion anyday.

Except when he tried to suck the force out of the Exile. That must have felt like french kissing a 1200W vacuum cleaner.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Except when he tried to suck the force out of the Exile. That must have felt like french kissing a 1200W vacuum cleaner.

Something tells me you know what that feels like, mate :lol:

I daresay that Revan's knowledge of the Force would be greater than Kreia's. Know that Revan had MANY masters after he emptied the knowledge of Kreia. And I think it's a bit wrong to say 'intelligence' in that debate, would be better to say 'cunning'. So IMO Revan was more cunning (in most aspects) than Kreia. Remember that Kreia was also considered by other jedi (at the time) as a nutjob/traitor rather than a genious.

There are some things to consider about Kreia;

Kreia's total knowledge of the force would be greater than Revan's. Consider that when she was a Jedi she was responsible for the Jedi Archives (Kreia does say that she used to do the same job for the Jedi as Atris) and as such she would have been able to view all the information in the archive-which included Sith Holocrons. Since Revan was never a Jedi Master (as far as I know, and it doesn't seem as if he was a Jedi master before the Mandolorian war) he would never had been able to view much of this information. Kreia's knowledge of the Jedi could, therefore, quite safely be considered greater than Revans. Her knowledge of the Sith would be at least on a par with Revan, in part because she would have been able to view some of the Sith knowledge the Jedi had but also because she would have been able to view much of the information Revan had when she was a Sith Lord.

Although Revan trained under several different masters he went back to his first teacher-Kreia-after this. This would seem to indicate that Revan had considerable respect for Kreia's knowledge. It would also seem that Revan considered her to be at least an equal to him in terms of knowledge, if not better.

Although Revan trained under several different masters he went back to his first teacher-Kreia-after this. This would seem to indicate that Revan had considerable respect for Kreia's knowledge. It would also seem that Revan considered her to be at least an equal to him in terms of knowledge, if not better.

You seem to forget that that he only went back to know how to leave the Jedi, not to siphon more knowledge from her. But then again, why compare those two? If Sion could rip her left hand off, then i'm sure that Revan could rip her right foot off :lol: (at least)

No, I'm only saying that that doesn't matter, one who would harm Nihilus must fly beneath the radar, Kreia alone could do that, because the Force had been stripped from her, and she knew how to mask her presence.
Yes, but that was not enough as I recall

As for Kreia vs Revan, Kreia would have drained him like those Jedi Masters, it's just not something you can counter, unless you gained immunity by experiencing its effects first hand.

I'd say that Revan would know somehow to counter it. Knowing that these teachings came from the Trayus Academy, to siphon energies out of one person and transfer it to yourself. Revan found that academy first (as far as we know) and he probably mastered that technique and learned more or less everything essential about it, including minor details.