Interplay to make Fallout Online

Fallout is not a MMOG type of game, its an RPG and always will be. Its sad how the mighty Interplay has fallen.

I disagree. I do not think there is much real debate against FO as a mmorpg except from a purist standpoint. FO is ideal for a mmorpg setting more so then most IMO. Same argument for Shadowrun can be made, great game to make into a mmorpg, however I could see some purists getting their panties in a bunch over it.

The real issue/question is who can execute such that does it justice and make it a viable business. I think with IP its a 50/50 gamble at best due to all the factors.

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Just because it isn't a boring click-fest with crappy graphics doesn't mean it can't continue the story. You've seen screenshots. Most of the time, you can't tell what a story will be like from a screenshot.

Fallout was many things but boring wasn't one of them and there were a lot of games with crappier graphics back in late 1990s. The screenshots of Bethesda's Fallout, as well statements from the designers themeselves, show that they totally discarded the rules system as while the gameplay style that made Fallout 1 and 2 fun.

You mean the boring click-fest gameplay?

Shut up Krook Fallout were teh best.

Although it's always funny to watch people excite Hades's Drama Queen skillz.

And Warcraft is an RTS!

It should still be :sad:

Stupid WoW for ruining whole warcraft for me.

Also, no one answered my question. =]

"$59 million in December 2001 to less than $3 million today."

Bull**** or how this happened? :blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I imagine that the sale of entire Fallout franchise helped a bit.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

simpsons-doh-postcard.jpg

Of course, stupid me... =]

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Of course that should only account for 5 3/4 million.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Stop teasing me with numbers :sad:

If only Obsidian jump the ship just to make sure interplay folds for and buried for good.

Just die already Interplay.

Obsidian should buy Interplay....but then at once kick out Herve

EDIT:

this would also mean Obsidian could use for itself the old Black Isle logo after they bought Interplay....because guess what: the isle is made from OBSIDIAN! :wub:

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

Don't know where this belongs, but I am all for people getting what they are due.

Story

Fallout blogger Briosafreak is reporting that Interplay CEO Herve Caen is attempting to track down former employees that he still owes money to for unpaid hours and vacations. If you're a former Black Isle staffer that wound up not getting paid for a few weeks, this should be great news:In case you didn

That is good news.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

• 2 months later...
The publisher also said it has brought back Jason Anderson, a lead artist on the original Fallout game and cofounder of the defunct Troika Games, to serve as creative director for an unannounced MMOG.

What the ****. This is embarassing. What could Herve have promised him?

What dissonance.

Edited by Pop

Some people are just masochistic in that regard.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

First Bioware looking for 'writers' for its MMO, and now this. Am I missing something? Have they spotted a way to have interesting stories in MMOs that no-one's ever managed before? I thought there were very good reasons why MMOs couldn't have strong NPC character development, stories and choices - due to the very nature of the beast...

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I guess Jason enjoys working at doomed studios..

Maybe he just likes to work on Fallout games?

It's not like the current license holder wanted anything to do with people who had been involved with the games in the past.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein