This weeks hot topic: Immigrants

Kaftan Barlast

Ok, today I read another blatantly communistic and freedom-hatingly liberal article about immigrants and why they are always seen as a liability and not an asset. The article mentioned affirmative action and all the usual, with an interesting sidenote about second-generation immigrants. How these people are discriminated just as much as their mommas and papas, even though they are born citizens.

Now, I find it shocking that journalists can be so ignorant of a fact that he rest of us have taken to our hearst years ago; that immigrant is really just a euphemism for non-white, and that non-whiteness transcends the generation barrier. Simply put: you are what you is, you is what you am, and a cow dont make ham.

Now to go back to the relevant issue; do we see immigrants purely as a liability? And why is that?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have no idea how Sweden sees it. In the US, non-white doesn't automatically make you an "immigrant."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

We've always had a rather homogenous ethnic spread in our native population, thus any non-white person must logicly come from someplace else.

Do you have an immigration problem in Sweden?

I believe we have several in fact. Ranging from obese german buying all our attractive beachfront houses, to young rap-fans ruining the overall esthetic of our streets by wearing sporting attire in public. It's bone-chilling stuff,

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have no idea how Sweden sees it. In the US, non-white doesn't automatically make you an "immigrant."

But being an immigrant makes it pretty darn certain that you're non-white.

The racism stuff, though, is a distraction. Yes, there are lots of racists (both of the closeted and overt variety) in the anti-immigration movement in the U.S. But it's not fair to tar all of those opposed to immigration with that brush, and supporters of pro-immigrant policies demean themselves when they argue with insults rather than facts. There are lots of reasons beyond racism that people get excited and work to oppose immigration. (I think these reasons are either wrong or outweighed by other positives they're not considering, but that's another matter.)

I like when people from up north or the east talk about immigration and how we should embrace these people. The U.S should close the borders up on Mexico and deport a large portion of illegals back. Especially ones that have been deported in the past or committed crimes. And since they came here illegally, that means they committed a crime and all of them should go back to their own damn country and fix it instead of bringing down America's standard of living. I mean yeah it sucks they live in poverty and stuff but that sure as hell isn't my fault that their country sucks. I mean all they have to do is go French style and the government should listen. We have a system that lets people come to our country legally and they are just bypassing that and screwing over a bunch of people. Everyone acts like we owe them something because they do crap jobs but if they were really in demand the government would of opened up more slots for immigrants to legally come to America to fill those jobs. It's not like they bring anything useful to the U.S. It would be fine if they brought a rich culture but they don't, a taco stand and still living in slums isn't culture, or maybe it is. /bigotry - to be continued.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

But being an immigrant makes it pretty darn certain that you're non-white.

Even living in Texas I know this is not true. I've seen significant quantities of *gasp* White! immigrants. Made friends with Canadians, been taught by Germans, etc. Knew a nice white Puerto Rican kid growing up, too. Edited by Tale

I like when people from up north or the east talk about immigration and how we should embrace these people. The U.S should close the borders up on Mexico and deport a large portion of illegals back. Especially ones that have been deported in the past or committed crimes. And since they came here illegally, that means they committed a crime and all of them should go back to their own damn country and fix it instead of bringing down America's standard of living. I mean yeah it sucks they live in poverty and stuff but that sure as hell isn't my fault that their country sucks. I mean all they have to do is go French style and the government should listen. We have a system that lets people come to our country legally and they are just bypassing that and screwing over a bunch of people. Everyone acts like we owe them something because they do crap jobs but if they were really in demand the government would of opened up more slots for immigrants to legally come to America to fill those jobs. It's not like they bring anything useful to the U.S. It would be fine if they brought a rich culture but they don't, a taco stand and still living in slums isn't culture, or maybe it is. /bigotry - to be continued.

Ok slug, I'll meet you out in fields and at the construction sites and we can tackle all the "non-useful" labor jobs that illegal immigrants fill.

Seriously, the US economy relies heavily on illegal immigration. If you want to pay $30 for an artichoke at the grocery store, then yeah, kick out all the illegal immigrants. Have you read any actual studies on what would happen to our economy without illegal immigrant labor? It would collapse.

Now a worker visa program would be an excellent way to address our large labor need, but the government hasn't had an effective program since the 70's. The fact is it's politically more fruitful to make a half-heated attempt at border control then it is to create a strong visa program with Mexico. Both countries are at fault in this situation.

Yes, there are legal means to entering the US, but they heavily favor skilled workers. Unskilled laborers have little choice in the matter, if they want to work, they have to sneak in. The fact is, our economy needs them, so I wouldn't be so quick to kick them out.

As for the way immigrants are treated in the US, legal or illegal, I think it depends on where you live. In California, particularly in the Bay Area, it's a huge mixing pot. There is very little difference in the treatment of minorities where I live, but then again, whites are in the minority. I'm white, my wife is a Mexican American. I love living in a community that is filled with cultural diversity. People who fear this diversity aren't only ignorant, they are a huge reason that racism, bigotry, and hatred are still problems in our world.

There are legitimate reasons to argue against illegal immigration, even for people with a relatively recent immigrant background. For example, my grandmother was a Mexican citizen and remained so for several years after she married my grandfather and lived her in the US. To suggest racism is, as Enoch has stated, a red herring. It is offensive and undermines more legitimate arguments. I am dead set against illegal immigration, although I have a hard time begrudging folks for wanting a better life than they have in their home country.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

But our economy relies on it.

Even so there needs to be a middle ground. We can't just sit back and watch immigrants come in as they wish and just make it their own. That's what i have a problem with. It's like they come to America illegally and expect to have all the rights and privileges as an American when they aren't American. And what really gets me is when they try to make us appease to their culture, like some kind of backwards assimilation bull****. It's ridiculous. If we had Muslims coming over in the millions you know people would be having a bigger problem. They just need to close down the border now. Being an American and being a minority in your own country is pretty sickening.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

that's hardly justification for allowing illegal immigration. part of the reason our economy relies on it, btw, is because many of the unemployed citizens don't want the jobs the illegals are filling, particularly the seasonal stuff. the illegals represent a cheap labor force, and their presence reduces the value of the labor to begin with. it's sort of a feedback mechanism.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Being an American and being a minority in your own country is pretty sickening.

Americans (US citizens, in context) aren't a minority anywhere in the US. Whites are a minority in some places. THERE IS A VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.

Edited by Tale

Americans (US citizens, in context) aren't a minority anywhere in the US. Whites are a minority in some places. THERE IS A VERY BIG DIFFERENCE.

Being white means being American. If you don't like then you can geeeet out! jk thats from south park btw...

Being white means being American. If you don't like then you can geeeet out! jk thats from south park btw...

The episode where the town is divided between anti-war protesters and supporters of the war in Iraq. I remember the episode.

But our economy relies on it.

Even so there needs to be a middle ground. We can't just sit back and watch immigrants come in as they wish and just make it their own. That's what i have a problem with. It's like they come to America illegally and expect to have all the rights and privileges as an American when they aren't American. And what really gets me is when they try to make us appease to their culture, like some kind of backwards assimilation bull****. It's ridiculous. If we had Muslims coming over in the millions you know people would be having a bigger problem. They just need to close down the border now. Being an American and being a minority in your own country is pretty sickening.

What is this American culture you are speaking about? Have you taken any history classes? The US has always been an amalgamation of different cultures. Are you talking strictly about the European roots of the US? That seems pretty narrow minded, considering American Indians were here long before and have a very unique culture. And if you are talking strictly about Mexican immigration, you should keep in mind that California and the Southwest have always been heavily populated by Mexicans, this isn't some new debate.

If you think American culture should only be white english speakers, you really need to pick up a book and read about American history.

It must be real hard for you to sit in your Beverly Hills mansion and cry about how illegal immigration is hurting you and your beloved country club, but what you and all your friends from racket ball don't understand is that us in the north and east rely heavily on illegal Canadian immigrants to do a montage of stressful and grossly laborous jobs, that quite frankly, we can't do, because we just don't have enough people to do them at the prices these Canadians are willing to do them right now. I dare you, nay, defy you sir, to take a trip up here and actually look around. Drive through the midwest, where there are no illegal immagrants to be found. The economy there is struggling. You say that we're the minority here in America, but I'll tell you what, the only minority here is cheap labor at affordable prices, and that sir, is what sickens me.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I'm pretty sure the midwest isn't suffering because a lack of illegal immigrants. Maybe its factories getting shut down, farming being taken over by large corporations, housing and higher prices?

don't understand is that us in the north and east rely heavily on illegal Canadian immigrants to do a montage of stressful and grossly laborous jobs, that quite frankly, we can't do, because we just don't have enough people to do them at the prices these Canadians are willing to do them right now.

hehe, so it's OK to exploit immigrants to do labor that you, with such elitist notions, refuse to do? thanks for proving my point.

edit: of course, now that i read the sarcasm, perhaps you aren't the elitist here...

I dare you, nay, defy you sir, to take a trip up here and actually look around. Drive through the midwest, where there are no illegal immagrants to be found. The economy there is struggling.

sorry dude, but that statement is horribly incorrect. i grew up in missouri and yes, believe it or don't, there are plenty of illegal immigrants in the midwest. curious if you know how many unemployed, or living on welfare, there are that refuse to take such low paying jobs? hmmm...

edit #2: sarcasm rule would apply here, too.

You say that we're the minority here in America, but I'll tell you what, the only minority here is cheap labor at affordable prices, and that sir, is what sickens me.

yet still the government thinks it is OK to set a minimum wage for jobs that don't deserve it... jobs pay what they're worth, and without the excess surplus in labor from illegal immigration, they'd pay more for all those unwilling legal citizens.

edit #3: with sarcasm included, i think i understand the point. ;)

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Being white means being American. If you don't like then you can geeeet out!

I think it's apparent that we, the english-speaking white creme-de-la-creme of the human race, must do all we can to close this population gap that has developed between the races in America. Now, breeding might be fun but it takes too long and at the time we have hatched a new generation of free and brave white people, the other races will have out-multiplied us by far. No, we must simply try our best to encourage more white american immigrants to come to america.