Karl Rove Resigns

Pop

Source

Rove became one of Washington's most influential figures during Bush's presidency. He is known as a ruthless political warrior who has an encyclopedic command of political minutiae and a wonkish love of policy. Rove met Bush in the early 1970s, when both men were in their 20s.

Once inside the White House, Rove grew into a right-hand man.

Rove is expected to write a book after he leaves. He disclosed his departure in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

He said he decided to leave after White House Chief of Staff Joshua Bolten told senior aides that if they stayed past Labor Day they would be obliged to remain through the end of the president's term in January 2009.

Tentative prediction - he's leaving to begin engineering the Repug campaign.

Edited by Pop

Sounds about right. He will be hidden deep behind whatever candidate he is working for though. His name is a real negative.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They might, but I would be surprised. I think there will be a real effort by the Repubs to be Not Bush. I'd expect we will be seeing all new faces this time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think Cheney should run for President, that would be so awesome, like when the Penguin ran for mayor in Batman.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I think Cheney should run for President, that would be so awesome, like when the Penguin ran for mayor in Batman.

Now there is a bit of gold.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You are thinking of Libby, who had his sentence commuted. Hell, Paris Hilton saw more jail time than that bugger. I for one don't care what republican decides to hire Rove. I am voting Democrat down the line this next election. NO MORE REPUBS AS PRESIDENT! EVAR!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I bet it is just another calculated risk done by the mighty Rove. He will show up again in 1 1/2 years the latest, backing up a new candidate for presidency.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Now there is a bit of gold.

Damn straight. He'd be a terrible president, but it would be hilarious. Let's do what we can to get him elected.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

HA!

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

My brain is contained. But ohhh the headache...

Will Save penalty vs. Kitty: -20

GCS d(--) s--: a C+++$ US++>$ P+++$ L+(++) E--- W++ N+ w--- V- PS+ PE Y+ t+@ 5++ X R+ tv(+) b+ DI++ D+ G+ e++ h-() r+++ x?

How many nuns would a nunchuk chuck if a nunchuk could chuck nuns?

:)

:grin:

:):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think we all should e-mail the vice president the link. I did. :grin:

Voting down the line is irresponsible.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Well, its either Democrat or Republican for the most part and I don't want to see a single Republican holding a public office.. If there is an Independent that looks like he or she have the possibility of winning then I may vote that way, but I will vote against Republican down the line.

Well, its either Democrat or Republican for the most part and I don't want to see a single Republican holding a public office.. If there is an Independent that looks like he or she have the possibility of winning then I may vote that way, but I will vote against Republican down the line.

If history has taught us anything it's that bad things happen when one party or the other holds all the cards. Better to have congress split whoever is in the White House.

Thomas Sowell

I rather have progress made than nothing getting done at all. Since the majority of my views coincide with the Democrats then that is the way I will go.

Edited by Sand

If history has taught us anything it's that bad things happen when one party or the other holds all the cards. Better to have congress split whoever is in the White House.

that's why nothing is getting done now, which is a good thing (nobody can make the situation worse), and very little got done during clinton's presidency (republican house). win-win when there's a split. one of the biggest reasons bush looks so bad compared to many others is that the house, senate and presidency were all republican. not a veto in sight and they all spent like they were democrats (there's never a difference between parties when they have control).

taks

comrade taks... just because.

It seems extraordinary to me - and on this occasion I am not suggesting I am right - that anyone could view a government that does nothing at such a crucial moment in the nation's history as a good thing!

I was raised on statesmen like William Pitt, Benjamin Disraeli, Nye Bevan, Winston Churchill. Statesmen who used their authority to steer the ship of state, not sit drinking mai tais on the sundeck.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.