Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

Really? He's seemed a bit of a one trick pony to me. Luckily that trick rests perfectly on what was needed for Batman, Equilibrium, and American Psycho.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Christian not Christopher. And he's quite a good actor. I can't wait for Rescue Dawn to appear in theatres here.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Really? He's seemed a bit of a one trick pony to me. Luckily that trick rests perfectly on what was needed for Batman, Equilibrium, and American Psycho.

As Kor mentioned, you should see The Machinist. It will give you quite a different perspective on him as an actor.

Eastern Promises. Wow. Wow. This movie was beautiful. The plot of this movie was absolutely wonderful. It was driven and motivated by realistic and tragic consequences. The acting and music are superb. I know a lot of people probably look at my reviews and scoff "Oh the slug what does he know? He probably likes boys and still hasn't figured out that Friends was never funny." But I'd recommend this movie, just not in front of the kids.

9.5/10

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

28 Weeks Later.

First scene/5-10 minutes were cool. The rest of the 1st hour was ok but spent a long time setting up characters and such. The last hour I spent fast-fowarding for several seconds about every 5 minutes.

This is exactly how it was for me, I was such a massive fan of the first movie '28 days' It was more of a post apocalypse movie with zombies then a flat out zombie action movie and it worked so well... probably the best Zombie movie I have ever seen.

When I heard the second movie would be by an America directer I had a bad feeling they would lose the gritty feel you got from British movies and it would become more Hollywood actiony and it did. Totally lost it's sense of realism too.. The helicopter bits were so silly...

Saw American Gangster today. Barely competent. The acting was quite good.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Roadracers. WOW! What a movie. It makes me appreciate David Arquette even more. The entire cast did a great job with their acting for the most part.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

got a whole bunch of stuff from my brother a couple of weeks ago

Idiocracy was alright, but nothing spectacular

i've been watching the first couple of seasons of The Shield too, and it's turned out to be pretty cool

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Blade Runner Remastered Directors Cut

This movie pretty much sucked. I can understand that during it's time it was probably really stylish and futuristic but just like gaming, good graphics doesn't mean good content. It was overtly weird as hell but most importantly I honestly don't understand for a 2 hour movie a whole not of absolutely nothing happened. It seemed like I was in a coma because something that could take 30 minutes lasted an entire hour and 50 minutes yet at the same time it didn't exactly seem like it was extremely long and drawn out. The acting and plot was alright I suppose it was just the way it was executed. I'd have to say the only redeeming factor of this movie is probably seeing that one chicks bewbs and the music.

5/10 Never would watch again.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

This movie pretty much sucked.

You are delusional, that was a great movie that forced the viewer to use their brain to understand the entire plot...

I always found Blade Runner to have simple western-like plot set in cyberpunk setting. The slow pacing didn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Great, what's next? 2001 sucked?

Watched Spider-Man 3. I had been hearing it wasn't as good as second one (which, like the first one, IMO was just little above average) so I didn't really have any exceptations. What a great film! Vastly superior to both previous titles in nearly every aspect.

Also, it had Venom making it instant WIN for a movie.

It's not like this film was major achievement in acting, directing or in cinematography but as pure entertainment I really don't have anything to bitch about. It worked. Flow was most of the time just fine. Heck, I don't get it how some people were so lukewarm for the fact movie had numerous villains. Time when Peter was "teh black spidey" was awesome. What. A. Prick. That part of the film was pure lolling :thumbsup:

4/5

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest The Architect

Pirates 3.

Was hard for me not to like it. Likeable cast, great music, visual effects and action scenes, a plot I found interesting once I could figure out what the heck was going on. But damn... the pacing really killed it for me. I think it was much longer than it really needed to be. Pretty sub-par ending too I reckon. I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

Snatch.

Hadn't seen it for ages. Loved it as much as the first time I saw it. Wish it was longer. In fact, it loses a point for that. Easily a 9/10 for me, but still, I like Lock Stock more. Not the most convincing of Irish accents from Pitt though, but still, the guy is super cool, and talented. I recommend it.

Well, the family is out of town and when that happens I get mopey and watch everything that catches my interest on IFC (this is often a metaphor for anything with boobs).

THE LINKS BELOW CONTAIN SPOILERS

So far I have watched Human Nature, Pumpkin, Havoc, Sugar, and Danny Deckchair.

Human Nature was a good movie. It was funny, two of the leads were neurotic and the third was an amoral sociopath, and it was really screwed up. It follows the story of a scientist with hangups over tablemanners, a naturist with a body hair problem, and a wildman who was raised in the woods as an ape by his father. Limited boobies considering it garnered an R rating for nudity, but it was a good enough movie that I didn't care that I wasn't be titillated. I guess it's made by the dudes who did Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind too, but I haven't seen that yet.

Pumpkin was jacked up. It is about a college girl who falls in love with a retarded boy. It was funny as hell, but there is just something about that that is completely messed up to me, in a way that is similar to pedophilia. So while I was laughing for most of the movie, I felt a little bit uneasy with myself at the same time. Bright side is I don't think Christina Ricci wore a bra in the entire movie and it had her running around doing track and field activities and my guess from the way she looked is the set must've been mighty cold.

Havoc was also a good movie. It's about spoiled white kids in LA who think they're all hard so they decide to live the thug life and it doesn't work out as well as they thought it would. The acting was surprisingly good, even the bad characters were likeable, and it had Anne Hathaway in a sex scene with another chick. I admit I may have liked the characters more because I've known real life examples of them (both the wiggers and the gansters), or because of the boobs.

Sugar was a strange movie. It opens with the eighteenth birthday party of the main character, a sad affair involving his mother and eight (?) year old sister at some restaurant. He gets a skateboard. After he gets home he's sitting on the roof smoking when his sister drags him inside telling him she has a present for him. It consists of a small bottle of vodka like you get on an airplane, an joint, and a note that says "Get Sex." She tells him that he is to drink the vodka, smoke the joint, then head downtown to get sex. Now, if this was his older sister, or even his younger but teenaged sister this would've been a little more palatable, but with her age it was just strange. However I was intrigued. So he rides his skateboard downtown in a crossfaded haze, and then, what's that, oh, gay sex scene. Then he hung out with the guy he just got a blowjob from. Oh, hey, there's some boobs...only they're tranny boobs...and the tranny isn't even hot. :aiee: More gay sex, pen!s, gay sex, drug scene, hustling, pen!s, gay sex. Seriously. Actually I sell the movie short, there were a lot more drug scenes, and gay sex. I kept watching though because the characterizations were incredibly good, and the story, while disjointed, and exaggerated in a manner that made it hard to suspend my disbelief at times, had me interested, I wanted to know what happened to these people. The ending was really sad. :- Also I guess the lead actor died a few weeks after this movie was finished which is sad because he was excellent. :(

Danny Deckchair was my favorite. It was just charming. When I was not laughing, I had a bemused smile on my face, and between this and Human Nature I have a spectacular respect for Rhys Ifans as an actor now (he played one of the three leads in Human Nature and the lead in this one). Basically Danny is a dreamer, he doesn't have any sort of practical motivation, but he has ideas, and he sometimes impulsively follows them to their end. None of them really work out so well, at least until this movie.

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Human Nature was a good movie. It was funny, two of the leads were neurotic and the third was an amoral sociopath, and it was really screwed up. It follows the story of a scientist with hangups over tablemanners, a naturist with a body hair problem, and a wildman who was raised in the woods as an ape by his father. Limited boobies considering it garnered an R rating for nudity, but it was a good enough movie that I didn't care that I wasn't be titillated. I guess it's made by the dudes who did Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind too, but I haven't seen that yet.

I now want to see this.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Black Sheep, the New Zealand horror comedy, not the Chris Farley comedy. As someone who loves horror comedies like Tremors, Critters, Killer Clowns from Outer Space & Attack of the Killer Tomatoes I loved this movie. :( Nothing quite like a field of sheep eating human viscera. :lol:

Balls of Fury. I was actually laughing pretty hard through the first half of the movie, but the last half or so was a total dud. I don't know why writers keep falling back on the exact same joke over and over, especially when it was only mildly humerous the first time I saw it.

AVP-R

Incredible. The female lead and her daughter made very good Ripley and Newt impersonations. If she'd been white with curly hair, I would have mistaken her for Sigourney Weaver. And it introduces a very nice new alien technique.

A queen impregnating without eggs. And multiple impregnations of a single host this way.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."