Movies you have seen lately

Walsingham

I've been on a Heroes marathon. The show is alright becuase I'm still watching it but it can be so horribly cheesy in the worst kind of way, and it happens a lot. Also the show is so predictable, which is a bad thing. If I'm able to read through the show this easily, well the writers must really suck. But other than that I wish I had super powers. :o

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The Bridge

I'd say this was a nine out of ten. Maybe the best documentary I've ever seen

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

What do you mean, following you?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm circumventing - see, not a reference... not at all... not in the least - my Arrested Development addiction by watching a, uh, really, really intimidating amount of Scrubs episodes... and it's kinda working too. And there's a pretty good chance, respectable even, that's the last time I'm italicizing a TV show title. Score.

Black Book, The Wild Bunch, Scoop.

Inland Empire

Easily the best movie I've seen in along time. Lynch has created pure art. Sure it isn't a straightforward movie, and the plot isn't very strong, but the beauty of the movie is in the visuals and sound.

21 Grams and Babel, have used this formula in a simpler way, but Lynch takes it up one notch and adds the power of sound to be another stimulus. You definitely will be using other senses than normal when watching this movie. Also where 21grams and babel were incredibly depressing, this is more a thriller.

Alice in Wonderland on drugs. Oh wait? Alice in Wonderland was written while on drugs. Well Alice in Wonderland on drugs times two, is what this movie is.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I've been on a Heroes marathon. The show is so predictable, which is a bad thing. If I'm able to read through the show this easily, well the writers must really suck.

Predictable in that they show you what the major plotline is in the pilot? Go watch Desperate Housewives or something.

I just finished up the season one dvd today. What can you say about Heroes that hasn't been said already? Definatley excited for season two to start in a few weeks.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Crocodile Dundee II

Yeah after toppling Mark Bloom to score the ultra hawtie in the first film, Mich Dundee moves on to the only thing that makes sense, late 80's South American drug lords and hilarity ensues.

I can't even rate this movie.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I've been on a Heroes marathon. The show is alright becuase I'm still watching it but it can be so horribly cheesy in the worst kind of way, and it happens a lot. Also the show is so predictable, which is a bad thing. If I'm able to read through the show this easily, well the writers must really suck. But other than that I wish I had super powers. :thumbsup:

Oh dear god is it predictable. The guys on the SHH forums figured out the ending to the season finale as soon as the whole "exploding man" thing was mentioned. I assume other forums were able to put it together as well.

I've been on a huge Stargate binge. Almost finished the series, and just received the first two Atlantis seasons in the mail today.

I hate General Landry. Its mostly a mix of the actor being awful, mixed with the character being awful.

Seems like every season has a "**** yes! Jackson is ****ing awesome!" moment. Hope Michael Shanks accepts the lead for that 3rd series they have planned. Also, Vala is probably the only new regular character they've introduced through all 10 seasons that I actually liked. Hopefully if Michael Shanks signs on to Stargate: Universe Claudia Black comes along for the ride. They have great chemistry.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Man, even more Starg

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I, Robot

A pretty compelling bad film. There wasn't much to like about this film, the stylization was unoriginal, the dialogue really reeked, the acting subpar, but yet I still wanted to see what happened with the robots. Yeah, I missed large sequences of dialogue and what not but I managed to make it to the end despite several commentaries by Alex Proyas, I'm strong like the Hulk. I was really surprised they couldn't manage more Ad tie-ins for this movie, it seemed taylor-made for such. I'll give it a 4, I guess.

Will Smith is an amazing actor you hear me. I'm serious, I actually like Will Smith. I can't wait to see I am Legend.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Huh, I enjoyed I, Robot. Will Smith is always a good action lead in my opinion. But hey, I don't expect good dialogue out of my action movies, it's just a bonus if it happens.

I just watched Blades of Glory. It had some good laughs. Decapitation is funny to me, for some odd reason. I was also impressed that they didn't use any stunt doubles for the skating.

Epic Movie

After 15 minutes I stabbed my eyes with pointy things.

I pirated that and Date movie a couple months ago because I couldn't bring myself to pay for a rental. While Date Movie was the better of the two, both of them left me feeling like I had somehow lost a part of my soul.

Although I admit laughing at the stuntman gags. Such as in Epic Movie where Fred Willard is replaced by a 20 something asian dude for a fight scene, and in Date movie, Alyson Hannigan is replaced by a 6 foot black man for a motorcycle scene.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

hurlshot, i'm curious why you refer to your fraternity as a frat? i've never known a fraternity that does not explicitly consider the term "frat" to be derogatory. in fact, we are taught that almost immediately upon pledging.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I saw two movies today: Disturbia and Network

Disturbia had the usual product placement that wanted me throw the TV out of the room and the most stupid love-interest ever seen. "Yeah, you stalk me and can read my personality by that like loony pederast, but i still want to jump in bed with you", and the most irrational villain as well. Stupid, tyhm

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This is the scene from Network that makes cinematic history Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

hurlshot, i'm curious why you refer to your fraternity as a frat? i've never known a fraternity that does not explicitly consider the term "frat" to be derogatory. in fact, we are taught that almost immediately upon pledging.

taks

Maybe acceptance of their inherent gayness now comes in a package deal with their sense of entitlement. Also, wrong thread, so nah

Edited by Laozi

taks

Maybe acceptance of their inherent gayness now comes in a package deal with their sense of entitlement. Also, wrong thread, so nah

Yes, it is the wrong thread, and yet you purposefully responded to it. At least taks just made a simple mistake.

taks

Yes, it is the wrong thread, and yet you purposefully responded to it. At least taks just made a simple mistake.

Nice try, Pledge.

Edited by Laozi

The new Halloween movie. Not good nor bad either. There are some parts I like, like the beginning

that tells the back story on what makes Micheal Myers the person he is later on in the movie.

Trying to scare the audience with stupid gore does an injustice to the original movie. Plus some of the acting seem dry.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.