Great story for a bit of excitement on campaign

Walsingham

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawney_Bean

A neat story to throw in for some characters en route to another place if they're getting bored and want some fighting.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I was always interested in adapting historical events into D&D games. I've toyed with the idea of adapting (sadly, I only really play D&D in the FR) gameworlds to fit certain historical situations. The more epic, the better, and that usually entails something pertaining to the World Wars. I even considered introducing some kind of magical analog to the atomic bomb, setting it off somewhere and changing the nature and fabric of the campaign while it was being played ("the bomb changes everything" kind of thing)

That 'un sounds a bit like that... oh, what's her name, the Countess. She was already used in Diablo II, but apparently she was real, even if she wasn't as psychotic as they say.

I believe you're thinking of Erzsebet Bathory, also known as the Blood Countess, the most infamous serial killer in Hungarian history.

As to the topic, I also enjoy injecting historical facts or situations into storylines, though I do so more in a literary format. At the moment, I'm trying to adapt an Alternate History Ancient Greece plus surrounding civilizations into a world where the beliefs of the people (whether in terms of magic or science which were in those days entirely entangled) work as postulated with some modification.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I have actually visited the cave in question. Or at least the opening of the cave.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have actually visited the cave in question. Or at least the opening of the cave.

Do the local school children dare eachother to go inside?

The real dare is to pay the four euro admitance fee to see a hole in a hill.

It isn't a bloody theme park!

I'm suggesting you just have the PCs work as the people who suffer an attempted robbery and have the chance to report it to the authority and probe the horrors of the clan's stinking cave.

-Elwood Blues

It isn't a bloody theme park!

I'm suggesting you just have the PCs work as the people who suffer an attempted robbery and have the chance to report it to the authority and probe the horrors of the clan's stinking cave.

And risk getting eaten? That's madness!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I bet there'd be loot in the cave.

You don't like loot?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I bet there'd be loot in the cave.

You don't like loot?

What good is loot going to be whilst I'm being digested?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Why should one be digested?

Skewer them, gut their brethren and saunter off with their ill-gotten gains.

Unless they eat the gold and valuables they find from their victims.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

If the loot is barf burgers then nuts to alla youse guys, I'm outta here.

-Elwood Blues