Best Game system available  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Best Game system

• Xbox 360
    • PS3
    • Wii
    • PS2
    • PC (just tossed this in here)

the only good thing about pc is using internet not playing games downloading while on 360 you just put the disk and your ready to kick some ass on crackdown!

What about better graphics? What about better controls and games? :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

the only good thing about pc is using internet not playing games downloading while on 360 you just put the disk and your ready to kick some ass on crackdown!

What about better graphics? What about better controls and games? o:)

controls suck on pc besides why spend 50 minutes waiting to play those so called better games when you can just pop in the disk and get set on a 360

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

controls suck on pc besides why spend 50 minutes waiting to play those so called better games when you can just pop in the disk and get set on a 360

First, I installed Oblivion in under three minuets so you either have a really old, or crappy, PC or have no idea of how long it takes to install something. Secondly, the a mouse and keyboard will always out preform a controller. o:)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

First, I installed Oblivion in under three minuets so you either have a really old, or crappy, PC or have no idea of how long it takes to install something. Secondly, the a mouse and keyboard will always out preform a controller. o:)

not better than a good old 360 controller

butto move you have to press the up button a hundred times while on 360 you just push the thumbstck up

Fool, you simply hold the button down; just like you hold a controller's "thumb-stick" down... o:)

-Hurlshot

well when you turn the camera

You, mostly, use the mouse; something that is easy and has a faster turning speed than your 360 controller.

no it's not lets forget it 360 is the dominant system

no it's not lets forget it 360 is the dominant system

And why is it? You have not proved how the 360 is better than a good PC... o:)

better games no pop ups play with friends won't break as much can play on a big screen loud sound

better games no pop ups play with friends won't break as much can play on a big screen loud sound

We have already addressed the game issue, and I am not sure how "pop-ups" affect you gaming experience -you don't get them while you're in a game-. You can play with friends, sometimes more than sixty at a time, on a PC, and you can connect your PC to a surround sound and/or TV. Personally I have a 5.1 stereo system on my PC, and I have a HDTV available if I want a bigger screen. Furthermore, you can mod games on the PC, something that is illegal in the 360. o:)

-Hurlshot

We have already addressed the game issue, and I am not sure how "pop-ups" affect you gaming experience -you don't get them while you're in a game-. You can play with friends, sometimes more than sixty at a time, on a PC, and you can connect your PC to a surround sound and/or TV. Personally I have a 5.1 stereo system on my PC, and I have a HDTV available if I want a bigger screen. Furthermore, you can mod games on the PC, something that is illegal in the 360. o:)

360!360!

PC. It's more versatile, most games I want to play come out on it, and I can't afford a proper sized TV anyway. And there's always emulation... :ninja10:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm picking Krookie in the chris the jedi uncapitilizer vs. Krook death match. But he plays hockey and knows where the shift key is, so it shouldn't be much of a contest.

It's not surprising that our younger members are all siding with a console over the PC. Give them ten years, and they will inevitably switch sides.

I don't even need to put in the disc for most of my games on my PC. And I've got tons better games than Crapdown.

hell at least crackdown is better than gta

1 crap game being better than another crap game? TELL ME IT ISN'T SO!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I don't really do much PC gaming nowadays, and it's mostly reserved for the wargame genre. This is pretty much as hardcore as it gets, though, and I don't except consoles to steal the thunder from PC gaming in this area. That being said, I don't really care much for the usual popular genres here (RTS, FPS, etc).

What I really like the 360 for is casual gaming, particularly co-op. Co-op, splitscreen or online (for which I do appreciate the convenience of Xbox Live - the yearly fee is pretty trivial), is the main reason why I often favor this system. More games need co-op.

The DS is also very cool for casual handheld gaming. I really like being able to just sit or lie around anywhere and still be able to play games. Other strengths of the system are good 2d support and some unique touchscreen gameplay when properly implemented.

Now, currently, my bias leans towards the 360 since I've been doing a lot of co-op lately. The PC is great for hardcore wargaming, but I only spend fairly short sessions on them, since they can be pretty exhausting/demanding. The DS is more for 'on the side' gaming, for which it's great.

The PC/console elitism rampant here and elsewhere can be pretty pathetic, though. People should focus that energy and volunteer in the community or something.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

PC. Almost everything ever on a console will at some point have an emulator and roms available for it anyway.

Except for perhaps the Wii. I am not quite sure how an emulator for that would work; especially since a lot of the appeal is in the body movement rather than the games themselves.

EDIT: Also, I often hear that one of the big advantages of consoles is playing it on a television set with just a controller; I don't really get that because it's remarkably easy to just hook up your computer to a tv.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Consoles are easier. Maybe when I'm older and have a job I'll like PCs. The thing is my income is about $500 a year from birthday money and Chirstmas. I can't afford to buy a new graphics card or a new motherboard or any of that other stuff just because a new game comes out. It's cheaper for me to buy a $500 console and play it for five years.

PC is still and probably will be the most fun game system for me. The wii was great fun when tested, so as soon as it'll be available in black or without wii-sports, one will come into our household. I always thought that the X-Box is superflouos and PS3 way too expensive. Might get a PS2 for some japan-rpgs soon though.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority