Do you believe in aliens

The Man In Black

We Americans have the ability to go into space and we could do more if we really wanted to. But I guess we like to spend X amount of dollars on defense as if the Cold War was still around. At the rate we humans are destroying the Earth, we need to get ourselves off this planet and move on to other worlds. This planet can only support so much life and technology*.

*Technology and all of the pollution that comes with it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

In Europe we spend more money on cosmetics than on defence!

I'd say that's a good thing: spending more money on things we enjoy than on ways to engage in war.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

We Americans have the ability to go into space and we could do more if we really wanted to. But I guess we like to spend X amount of dollars on defense as if the Cold War was still around. At the rate we humans are destroying the Earth, we need to get ourselves of this planet and move on to other worlds. This planet can only support so much life and technology*.

*Technology and all of the pollution that comes with it.

That's a ridiculous argument. If the entire human race worked as hard as it could with the explicit goal of actually destroying the Earth, it would still be the most habitable rock in the solar system. Humans do a lot better in a Nitrogen-Oxygen atmosphere with pollution/radiation/no ozone layer/whatever than they do in a Methane atmosphere (or no atmosphere at all). The only rational reasons to keep funding space exploration/colonization are pure scientific research and bragging rights.

There's only one argument to answer yours:

Pshaw!

*Puff puff*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd say that's a good thing: spending more money on things we enjoy than on ways to engage in war.

What if we enjoy waging war? Ever thought about that, Mr. smarty cat?

One of these days it'll be awesome. We'll get fully bipedal and dextrous robots we can control from our homes after we get home from work that we'll use to conquer foreign nations as if we were playing a video game.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I live in close proximity to one of the largest spook plane bases in America.

Yes, I've seen UFOs, no I don't believe any of them were otherworldly, yes I believe there is probably life on another planet someplace.

The more important question is how can we destroy them and take their stuff.

take their technology

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

What if we enjoy waging war? Ever thought about that, Mr. smarty cat?

One of these days it'll be awesome. We'll get fully bipedal and dextrous robots we can control from our homes after we get home from work that we'll use to conquer foreign nations as if we were playing a video game.

I thought that's what I WAS doing! Lousy stupid Dawn of War. I want my money back!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

I believe there is some other {maybe, no probably more than one} planet out there in the Universe that's similar to Earth: inhabited by humans, monkeys, birds, insects, fish and what not. Well something along those lines anyway.

Edited by The Architect

Here's another question: what if there are other intelligent life-forms, but we're the best there is?

I would guess the universe is going to be pretty damned if we're the best there is.

My point is that we're always fantasising about some super-race coing from teh stars to save us. But what if that is our allotted destiny, so to speak? What if we have the seeds of greatness, and we squander it on spening 100s of times more money on cosmetics than on space exploration? Because we do. In Europe we spend more money on cosmetics than on defence!

If that is our destiny, I think it's more likely that we'd become the race that invades a planet, exterminates its populace, and saps it dry for its resources.

You mean we turn the martians into face-cream?

-Elwood Blues

yes I believe in them. Anyone saying they don't exist have not exaimed all the evidence and CLEARLY the government has a large interest in them and considers them a huge threat. Even USA state mayors and such have said they have seen UFO's when they were told they don't exist. Millions of sighting in every country in the entire world...something is going on. '

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Has anybody made some sort of X-Files reference yet? I really can't be bothered with checking 8 pages for one you see.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Yeah, there were a couple.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Belief is a silly thing. I much rather have simple empirical evidence, like one of their FTL space ships so I can get off this miserable lil' mudball.

• Like 1

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

It was just a simple X-Files refference.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The green dragon believes in YOU, my dear.

EDIT: Does anyone else wonder whether Fionavar is nurturing us, or fattening us to eat?

-Elwood Blues

I think he's fattening you up there big fella. :devil:

*Ponders* then you think this molasses and nutmeg in a bottle, with the word 'marinade' crossed out and replaced with 'shampoo' might also be suspicious?

-Elwood Blues