What are you playing now?

Darque

Going through NWN2, again, in anticipation of MotB. It took me 2 weeks to get through the beginning of the game (from West Harbor to Neverwinter) because playing the game for longer than 10 minutes at any one time found me crushed by boredom. Now that I'm through the beginning it's picking up, however. I'm going through as a very tall Tiefling Weapon Master, since they're well suited to the class anyway.

Guest The Architect
Operating system not supported - sounds like it doesn't like Vista - I would check out Deus Ex's homepage to see if there are any patches that support Vista.

I would check if I were still interested in wanting to play Deus Ex on my laptop, but I changed my mind, so yeah. But thanks for the help/advice anyway. ;)

I purchased the Orange Box today and just played a little bit Team Fortress 2. That's some hilarious stuff that Valve have done there. I really like the different classes and the slick Toon-Shader look.

Orange Box? Team Fortress 2? Valve?

I have never heard of these, please tell me more.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm trying to play Final Fantasy IV. It's intimidating in the way Squaresoft games were around the SNES generation. I'm scared that if I miss one sidequest and super item/summon I won't be able to beat the final boss. But I don't want to do the crummy sidequests.

I purchased the Orange Box today and just played a little bit Team Fortress 2. That's some hilarious stuff that Valve have done there. I really like the different classes and the slick Toon-Shader look.

Orange Box? Team Fortress 2? Valve?

It's a box full of Oranges. Each Orange has a Valve attached. If you pull the wrong one, the infamous "Team Fortress" will jump out, battle their way through your silly spoon-ears and eat your brains. It's really fun! Trust me. Trust me.

Edited by Morgoth

I'm trying to play Final Fantasy IV. It's intimidating in the way Squaresoft games were around the SNES generation. I'm scared that if I miss one sidequest and super item/summon I won't be able to beat the final boss. But I don't want to do the crummy sidequests.

Don't worry, the game, like all SNES Final Fantasies, is easy. It's just a question of leveling up enough.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Don't worry, the game, like all SNES Final Fantasies, is easy. It's just a question of leveling up enough.

That's the problem. "leveling up enough" = doing cummy sidequests

[FF12] I lost interest in the middle.

I hear that a lot. lol

It was lots of fun until the "Walk across the giant desert" part of the game. Then you obtain the item you just spent an hour walking across sand and then defeating a super hard boss for, only to have it taken from you by another bad guy pretty much immediately after obtaining it.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Most people I know got bored because it is:

1) Spend an hour or two walking across a field/desert/plain/bleach/valley auto-combating creatures.

2) Get to dungeon, spend an hour auto-combating creatures.

3) Beat a boss.

4) 5 minutes of exposition featuring bland characters, some of whom shouldn't even be in the story (looking at you, Vaan).

Go back to 1.

There's no real reward model for your time and effort. I've seen it said that the other Final Fantasy it is most similar to is Final Fantasy XI and I have to agree. Something about it felt like MMO grinding.

Edited by Tale

That's the problem. "leveling up enough" = doing cummy sidequests

You call running left and right, waiting for the random fights, while pressing A continuously a side quest?

I hope you meant crummy... :ermm:

1) Spend an hour or two walking across a field/desert/plain/bleach/valley auto-combating creatures.

3) Beat a boss.

4) 5 minutes of exposition featuring bland characters, some of whom shouldn't even be in the story (looking at you, Vaan).

Go back to 1.

There's no real reward model for your time and effort. I've seen it said that the other Final Fantasy it is most similar to is Final Fantasy XI and I have to agree. Something about it felt like MMO grinding.

Sounds like every other Final Fantasy game to me.

Edited by Pidesco

Heja Sverige!!

3) Beat a boss.

Go back to 1.

Sounds like every other Final Fantasy game to me.

usually you get some nice rewards and a nice story scene at the end of each fight. Not what he described here.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

While I've only played a little bit of FF XII, I'm betting that in it you also get nice rewards at the end of boss fights. As for the nice story scenes, most of them were also long stretches of exposition featuring not the deepest of characters.

Don't get me wrong, I loved a few of the Final Fantasies back in the day, but they were never a whole lot more than what Tale described.

I'm playing NWN2 right now.

Heja Sverige!!

The length and depth of the characters is inconsequential next to them just being interesting. Interesting characters and/or interesting events. XII has neither. It doesn't even seem to have a half-decent villain. I didn't even know what the big deal was that my characters were fighting for.

And never has combat been so... auto.

Edited by Tale

As opposed to keeping your finger on the A button while you're looking at something else?

Heja Sverige!!

As opposed to keeping your finger on the A button while you're looking at something else?

Sometimes it's like that, but not always. In XII it becomes always.

NHL 08 - Awesome. Best hockey game in years. Worst aspect is that to make the outcome reasonably realistic take playing 5 minute periods, and because of that penalties don't occur that often.

Two Worlds - Not super; but a dcent action RPG. Heavy on the action. Good character system, and while the story is not original; it's at least interetsing. Music is top notch, and the voice acting is better than what some claim though it won't win no awards.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

NHL 08 - Awesome. Best hockey game in years. Worst aspect is that to make the outcome reasonably realistic take playing 5 minute periods, and because of that penalties don't occur that often.

I get at least two to four penalties a game against me with five minute periods. Elbowing is my favorite infraction, followed closely by charging.

And how many times has your backup goalie asked to be traded, Volo?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Persona 3

and...

WoW

Great. Now I want to continue my FF12 game. Thanks a lot guys! :(

Stick to Persona 3, much better game.