What are you playing now?

Darque

Barbie Horse Adventure

Tale is my new hero.

\o/

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I'm still playing Gothic 3. Despite some issues, this is a fantastic game.

I mean, I have Bioshock installed, but whenever I feel like playing I go to Gothic 3 instead.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I mean, I have Bioshock installed, but whenever I feel like playing I go to Gothic 3 instead.

Never heard of Gothic... Maybe Ill check it out :lol:

I want Bioshock but I'm ambivalent about the DRM. I'm against it, i never stole a game, and don't intend to. I also don't want Malware that won't recognize my DVD/CD player half the time like the last SecuRom bull **** STALKER. Sony, SecuRom, and Bioshock, can eat it, im not buying until I get my rights back.

On that note, Im playing Kotor1 and Unreal Tournament. My name in Unreal Tournament is WITHTEETH for those of you who also play it! :lol:

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Never heard of Gothic... Maybe Ill check it out :wowey:

I want Bioshock but I'm ambivalent about the DRM. I'm against it, i never stole a game, and don't intend to. I also don't want Malware that won't recognize my DVD/CD player half the time like the last SecuRom bull **** STALKER. Sony, SecuRom, and Bioshock, can eat it, im not buying until I get my rights back.

On that note, Im playing Kotor1 and Unreal Tournament. My name in Unreal Tournament is WITHTEETH for those of you who also play it! :wub:

I wouldn't recommend gothic 3. I played the demo and while a demo doesn't show case an entire game it had some glaring flaws for a demo. It was like an oblivion clone but 10 times worse. Scenery sucked, fighting sucked, quests sucked, and it's a buggy game. Although I've never really played older rpg games this was reminiscent of them. The style, design and atmosphere was like something you'd find like 10 years ago. (thats my guess)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

The mistake most people who don't like Gothic 3 do is run it on an old, crappy machine. You need a pretty powerful rig to make it smooth and pretty.

The best thing about Gothic 3 is the scenery. You have a gigantic living, breathing world that's astonishingly full of detail, considering how big it is. It feels much bigger than Oblivion, for example. Also, the art design is great as this world actually feels like someone's been living in it (as opposed to Oblivion's new and shiny plastic look). If you enjoy just wandering around and explore then you'll have a blast in Gothic 3, no matter what. Lots and lots to see and do!

About the quests.. there are some stinkers, but since there are over 550 quests, I'm sure you'll find some that suits your taste. I've found plenty of great quests so far. And none of the "quest marker" bull**** of Oblivion either. This game is DIFFICULT. You will get beat up a lot, you will get lost a lot and you will tear out your hair in search for an answer to some of the quests. You need to enjoy a challenge to enjoy Gothic (any of the games!) because these games do NOT hold your hand during any part of the game. You're on your own. Some people like it (mememe), some people are better off playing Bioware's extended corridors.

The atmosphere is something I enjoy a lot. For some reason only Gothic 1, 2 & 3 has managed to catch that special Gothic atmosphere, and I can't even put my finger on what makes them special. But it's just a matter of taste. Either you like the humour, the gritty setting and the varied NPC's or you don't. There's nothing "old" about it though.

The weakest parts of Gothic 3 is the combat. If you take your time and learn the various moves at your disposal, you'll be able to have some fun in melee combat. The sad part about it is that it's easier to just click the mouse like a madman and you'll win the fights most often anyhow. It's a step back from the combat in Gothic 2. On the other hand, the bow is now manually aimed and much more fun to play with. One step forward, one step back..

The other weak parts is, of course, the bugs. Even after all those patches, it still crashes to desktop every once in a while. There are also quests where the quest-giver says "Go east" and you're supposed to go west.. And everytime you answer "Yes" in a dialogue, you can clearly hear your character say "No".. And I think I have about five quests in my quest-list that are impossible to complete because one of the key NPC's have croaked..

Gothic 3 isn't flawless, but, for me, the positives far outweigh the negatives. I love this game!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Great post mkreku. Agree completely. I was just angry and stuff because when I played I was walking around going "WTF.....what am I supposed to do." Deeply reminded me of morrowind the elder scrolls in which I spent an astonishing 10 minutes playing before I quit. I need direction and someone to point out all the stuff I need to see without me actually seeing it. Also the fact that I was like level 1 in newbville and I walked into a cave and was like "herro" to a very large and intimidating multi legged cave demon and killed me in one hit was pretty bs. Then I think I remember trying to take my anger out on some wild boars but I was fighting one then another came up behind me and put me in his van and raped my character then dropped him in a ditch bleeding out of many a orifice.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I love Persona 3. It's such a fun game. I think I may like it more than Bioshock, but Bioshock still wins me among recent games for specific moments in it.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished Planescape: Torment for my first time. I kinda want to play the game again. I think I became addicted.

I am one third the way through a game of the above.

When not playing that, I am having a go at Master of Orion 2 :)

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein