What are you playing now?

Darque

That's because, unlike the PC, the 360 doesn't have very many problems. What other problems are you talking about?

Overheating, un-fixable game errors -like the 1.2 Oblivion patch error that affects all SI players unless they edit a file in the game data folder-, etc.

Uh, overheating? That problem hasn't existed since the first 200,000 consoles or so, and even then, they were rare. As far as I can tell, that error with Oblivion only existed on the PC, not the 360. The player only gets the "old file not found" error if you're playing on the PC. You say "ect.", but please, tell me what other problems you know of. Because you really aren't providing a very good argument, considering half of it has been false/out dated.

Edited by Krookie

But Xbots are teh suckage

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The player only gets the "old file not found" error if you're playing on the PC.

That's the wrong error mate, read this:

When they released the 1.2 patch, something that is included in the expantion pack, Bethesda decided to change the value of "iShadowMapResolution," something that can be found in the Oblivion.ini file, to the new default value of 256. This caused a large number of users to start experiencing random but consistent lockups of their machines; There are many reports of machines that had been stable for a year, but now easily lockup with the 1.2 patch. The lockup manifests itself as such: Randomly but consistently, WHEN ACTIVATING A DOOR, your entire screen will go black and you will hear looping sounds. Your machine is hard-locked at this point, no mouse or key combinations work, and your only option is to reset your PC or 360.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Uh, overheating? That problem hasn't existed since the first 200,000 consoles or so, and even then, they were rare. As far as I can tell, that error with Oblivion only existed on the PC, not the 360. The player only gets the "old file not found" error if you're playing on the PC. You say "ect.", but please, tell me what other problems you know of. Because you really aren't providing a very good argument, considering half of it has been false/out dated.

Not to get in the way of your pissing match, but this has to be corrected.

Read (Exposed July 3): http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,134144/article.html

Read (Answered July 5): http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/13876/Micros...to-Three-Years/

The Xbox 360 has a lot of hardware problems. To pretend otherwise is futile. To cover their asses from an armada of class action sues Microsoft are paying appr. ONE BILLION DOLLARS on repairs instead. Rare problem? I think not.

The Xbox 360 is a great machine with even greater games, but don't be an Xbot.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

My copy of Persona 3 just arrived! It wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday. I guess I'll be spending this weekend watching japanese high school kids put guns to their heads!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Because problem exists on PC as well.

Ya, but you can fix the issue on the PC... :lol:

It's still just not a very strong argument when comparing PC's to the 360. On the PC, almost every game is bound to have an issue running on someone's configuration, whereas you've only pointed out one game on the 360 that has a bug or isn't running properly. The nature of the PC is that it's a much more complex platform for running games. There are pros and cons to that, but it is a lot easier to release a non-buggy product on any console.

My copy of Persona 3 just arrived! It wasn't supposed to arrive until Wednesday. I guess I'll be spending this weekend watching japanese high school kids put guns to their heads!

For once, I envy you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I seriously hope they release Fes (the "Director's Cut) in the US. They went so far as to include a soundtrack CD and a hardbound artbook, so they obviously have a lot of care about this release.

Ninety Nine Nights!

La-landslide!

Crazily epic.

on the level with the goblin encampment in the mountains, DEAR GOD thats' alot of goblins.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Fort Wyandekk, yeah.

You should check out Klarran's(priest dude who look like Wolfwood) campaign. The last level is like the biggest battle in the history of 3d gaming. And you have an energy scythe, ****ing holy lazer scythe of ultimate doom.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Fort Wyandekk, yeah.

You should check out Klarran's(priest dude who look like Wolfwood) campaign. The last level is like the biggest battle in the history of 3d gaming. And you have an energy scythe, ****ing holy lazer scythe of ultimate doom.

I was playing that but had to check it back into work. don't want to drop the money on it atm, trying to pay back bills and saving for halo3.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I know what you mean, and Bioshock, Mercenaries 2 are behind the corner.

kirottu said:

persona3ps2oo1.jpg

So, some info about the game. It's part Japanese dating sim, part dungeon crawler. All the story relates to the dungeon crawling, but you'll probably spend most of your time engaging your character in his social life. It seems a weird mix, but it's working for me. 10 hours in after only two days, I can't put it down.

That is because you are an animewhore, right?

The game sounds like...so very standard jap fare, just not standard for games, but television.

kirottu said:

I'll have to agree with you 100%. The game is literally about a group of kids who are part of an extracurricular club where they save the world! They have to juggle fighting Shadows with studying, exams, and making new friends. You'd expect it to be an anime with the main character always running late to all his classes because he stayed up all night fighting. Maybe that's what I like. It's NOT standard, it's entirely new to me as I've never played a dating sim style game (and it's not all about trying to score with chicks, anyway). If it was just the dungeon crawling, I'd hate it.

Edited by Tale

I can understand the appeal, yeah.

The best explanation I can give for it is that the milieu is familiar, like FR is for an IE-fan, you descend comfortable into a slot that you'd think would be difficult to comprehend in this medium. The concept is age old, but there hasn't been a realisation of it as an easily approachable game to westerners.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Well, that's not exactly a bad thing, right?

As to what I am playing, FEAR, NWN 2 and thinking about starting Blood Money which package I have yet to even open even though the thing has been on my shelf for a year now.

kirottu said:

Well, that's not exactly a bad thing, right?

I'm not sure anyone can use an image from Haruhi and say that's a bad thing.

It's strange how I keep coming back to the same old games. NWN2 and Medieval TW2 are the newest games I own and I'm down to buying one or two games a year. The XPs for Medieval and NWN2 will be my 2007/8 buys I'll imagine.

Currently playing (very) evil BG2 party "IWD" style (i.e. a multiplayer game of five custom-built characters cut-and-pasted into my SP file), core rules but strictly take-the-first roll for stats (even with borderline min/maxing my character's main stat is 17) I think I've got just about every mod EVAR installed, including the cheesy one that automatically adds the BG1 Tome bonuses by default and the sub-races mod.

Trying to get my reputation into the minuses.

The party, in case anybody cares, is Tiefling fighter (yes, a vanilla fighter), Dwarven Barbarian, Human Cleric of Talos, Elven Ftr/Thf and a Human Sorceror (who I've allowed to use a crossbow as per 3E roolz). Mostly chaotic evil. They all have gimpy weapon profs, i.e. spears, clubs, slings for some reason, except for the Tiefling who I've allowed to go down the 2H sword and halberd route. Not strong enough for a longbow (yet!). The dwarf I've envisaged as sort of tribesman thus clubs, spears and slings. The fighter/thief is all about crossbows, darts and daggers.

sonsofgygax.JPG