Ways to keep xbox 360 safe

As I said in my intercooler topic, I'm going to get an xbox 360.I know ALL 360's have a chance of breaking down but I want to be as safe as possible.Here are tips I know you should do:

1.Keep in well ventilated area.

2.Do not play for long,consecutive hours (ex:play for 2 hours,then give at least an hour for a break).

3.Keep your 360 and the area around it clean.

Here are some RUMORS i have heard:

1.Putting small blocks under 360 to elevate off ground.

2.Place a small fan next to ur 360 (intercoolers are bad for system).

3.Cover it with a cloth or something like that,when you're not using it to keep dust out.

4.Placing 360 horizontally helps prevent it from scratching discs.

Are the rumors true?

I could also use more tips if you have any.

Don't play it in the bath.

I have it in an area with plenty of space around it, and that's it. I also leave it on for many, many hours. Crazy.

I don't worry about it any more that I've ever worried about any computer or electrical item I've ever bought.

Don't ever raise it vertically, the discs can, and will, drop from the holster and kill the machine.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Don't ever raise it vertically, the discs can, and will, drop from the holster and kill the machine.

Ya, so the "putting it horizontally" rumor I heard is true.

Can anyone tell me if any of those other rumors are true?

Or if u have more tips?

I wouldn't stress about it. It really is a small percentage that malfunction, and if it does, MS seems pretty decent about replacing it. A buddy of mine called to complain when it took more than a month to repair, and MS sent a voucher for a free game.

Yeah, and they sometimes give you free Microsoft points. MS Games is pretty cool, I guess it's easy to be when you are on top, heh.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Xbox 360 is not some rare Egyptian artifact. Just buy it and don't throw it off a roof or anything, and you should be fine.

rofl

Yeah, I leave mine on a lot and no problems so far. It's kept horizontally, the vertical setup just looks iffy to me and I am mystified like a caveman by the DVDs not falling out of the machine that way. I keep it on an open shelf, not all hemmed in by stuff or enclosures, no problems so far.

I did throw it off the roof once though.

Just remember: Unlike the rare Egyptian artifact you bought from a shady-looking fellah on a Cairo alleyway, which ended up just being a 90's cheap replica of a Ptolemaic era Memphic Bastet-Hieron statuette, Xbox 360 will curse you and all your kin into eternal servitude as Microsoft's Ma'at if you throw it off the roof.

Please take care of your Xbox. Or Horus smites you on the afterlife.

kirottu said:

I was looking on the internet at the types of 360's and I was wondering.

Is the premium and the pro the same thing?

Yeah, I think "Pro" is just a name that stores like EB and Gamestop throw around. As far as I know Microsoft lists these 3 types of packages, Core, Premium, and Elite.

Core = No HDD = Tard model.

Premium = 20GB HDD = Most bang for the buck, as they say. Recommended.

Elite = Not l33t at all. The PS3 has a blu-ray player, Wi-Fi, card reader and 5 movies for free for 20$ more.

Next month when Halo 3 arrives, there should be a model based on that game as well. But i don't know about the technical specifications on that one.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Next month when Halo 3 arrives, there should be a model based on that game as well. But i don't know about the technical specifications on that one.

Last I heard it was an elite with a 20GB hard drive.

fyi, intercoolers WILL void your warranty. Once you install one MS won't replace it under any circumstances. Nor will Gamestop/EB.

basically you can play it how you will as long as it's well ventilated and it's not stuck in the sun. (I've had some of my demo systems at work die because they catch the afternoon sun.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Last I heard it was an elite with a 20GB hard drive.

And puke-greenish by color? I would like to meet that designer, who thought that is 'looked cool' and the marketing guy who thought that it will sell greater than any other idea, and the financial analyst who was dumb enough to believe them both.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And preferably don't go opening it on your own. Or at all.

Oh, hi Nart.

kirottu said:

Fireproof_Electronic_Safe.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein