Xbox 360 intercoolers

I'm going to get a 360 but I've read about overheating problems.I was wondering if I should get an intercooler to be safe.

Is it worth buying or should I just put a small fan near my console?Or should I not get either?

I know you're suppose to keep it in a well ventilated area.

I would just purchase a warranty, 1 or 2 yrs. It probably isn't much more expensive and you're covered on just about anything that goes wrong.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Buy a mini fridge. Trust me it's an amazing investment. It keeps beverages nice and cold and probably your 360 too.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I would just purchase a warranty, 1 or 2 yrs. It probably isn't much more expensive and you're covered on just about anything that goes wrong.

You don't need to purchase any warranty, every 360 comes with a 3 year warranty. Keep it well ventilated and don't run it for 18 hours straight.

You don't need to purchase any warranty, every 360 comes with a 3 year warranty. Keep it well ventilated and don't run it for 18 hours straight.

It did? I don't remember that.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

They started putting warranties on all 360's like since a month or so I think.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Didn't we have an article posted here a while back saying those warranties were rubbish? Some guy saying that his Xbox had been en route or on return from the repair shop for a third of his ownership?

An intercooler sounds prima facie to be a smart solution.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I know every 360 has a chance of breaking down but I'm trying to be as safe as possible.I know these are ways to help ur 360:

1.Keep in well ventilated area.

2.Do not keep in enclosed space or keep on carpet.

3.Do not play for long,consecutive periods of time (EX:play for 2 hours, then give an hour or two hour break).

4.Keep the 360 and the area around it clean.

Any other tips?

I have mine tucked away inbetween a TV and a DVD player, and I still haven't had any problems. I've left mine on overnight too and nothings happend.

Same here, and no problems as well. But i live in icy Finland, where there's zero chance of overheating.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The general warranty is for 1 year, but after that there's a warranty for all "three red rings"-errors. My friend's replacement took a month, but that was mostly because he had to send it to Germany for repairs and replacement. Finland, you know? The new box works like wonders.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I highly doubt you'll need an inter cooler. Just save your money and buy yourself a new game. It's not like the majority of their products are sold faulty and even then you have a warranty.

If I get an intercooler, which one should I get?

Or should I not get an intercooler, and try to keep good care of it?

Latter. Keep it cool and keep it safe. Don't let the thing gather dust on some crevice full of wires and heat, but keep it on open cool space when you play or use Live and then tuck out of sunlight once you shut it down. Old xbox had the tendency to overheat if you left it on for ages(pretty much the same with every console), but 360 has so much raw processing power, leaving it on for 18 hours probably explodes the thing. :ermm:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds