Crysis is not coming out in September

Bokishi

Heavenly sword comes out september 4th, so i got my bases covered. Yay!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

First shooter I'm looking forward to since... well... ever.

I looked forward to Rogue Trooper. That was worth waiting for. Oh yes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Crysis dated: November 16.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=80753

Countdown video: http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.php?play...id=4010&s=l

The time to upgrade our rigs is fast approaching (Bokishi excluded..)!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hey, I enjoyed Rogue Trooper!

I'm buying a new CPU and GFX from newegg this week. I'm excited for Crysis but not as much as I am for Bioshock....

Halo 3 is looking less and less appealing. Mass effect is the next KOTOR

A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.

- John Lennon

November huh? The same November where Assassins Creed, UT3, Kane & Lynch, Jericho, Gears of War PC, Mass Effect, HALO3 and some other games I forgot also come out?

Ouch....

Assasins Creed sounfs like yet another Fable, except this time from Ubisoft (which has made some pretty awesome games, but other than Prince of Persia, they really suck at making original IP's)

UT3..... Sigh, I shall probably play it, but I'm no where near as excited for it as I am Crysis.

I am liking Kayne & Lynch. I really think this has some promise with its Co-op approach and possibly extremely engaging story line.... but it's still not Crysis

Jericho seems more like a random assortment of ideas from other games have been thrown into a shooter... =/

I really did not see what was so astounding about Gears of War. The story was idiotic and annoying and the duck and shoot mechanic had been played to death already.

Halo 3 is looking less and less promising as the days go by.

Mass Effect in my opinion is going to be the game of the year. However, I still think Crysis will sell more copies for the simple fact that it has been hyped much more (in a community basis, Mass Effect obviously has more media with Bioware) and for the fact that its engine looks extremely nice. Mass Effect's dialogue makes my mouth water though.

Still, with the omission of Mass Effect, I would much rather play Crysis than any game on that list.

- John Lennon

^Assassin's Creed is nothing like Fable

Both Ubisoft's Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell games have always been great. Assassin's Creed looks like a mix between those two, so to me it's quite promising.

*watches as new Splinter Cell comes out, full of witty dialogue from our friend Sam Fisher and some mediocre stealth levels. Legions of clancy fanbots gobble up the game, without thinking about wanted new material at all. All they want is their old friend Sam back*

*The watches as the same happens to the PoP series*

Maybe I wasn't being clear. I wasn't comparing the gameplay of Fable to Assassin's Creed, I was comparing the unecessary hype which seems to stem from the fact that people are all too eager to play something that looks "cool", without any basis for an original story or anything that isn't already dreamt up by little 14 year old boys sitting in Geometry class.

But hey, maybe I'm full of it. I ACTUALLY BOUGHT Psychonauts.

- John Lennon

Unnecessary Hype: "I'm not particularly interested in this game so anybody who is must be wrong."

Original story? Hah, welcome to computer games.

Hah true. I'll still probably buy it, though I'll probably just be grouchy about it : )

True. But there is hope

Mass Effect and Dragon Age......... and Heavy Rain..........

Indigo Prophecy anyone?

Half Life 2 counts as an original IP to me because it's really nothing at all like Half Life.

- John Lennon

Half Life 2 counts as an original IP to me because it's really nothing at all like Half Life.

That makes no sense at all. Unless of course you ignore the actual definition of words. And reality.

May as well say Obsidian has only ever worked on original IPs because KOTOR2 was nothing like the original and also didn't take place in the Star Wars Universe.

And HL2 was a lot like HL, except it had tacked on vehicle sections, an out of place survival horror ripoff level (to be honest, I really liked Ravenholme) and NPCs to busy maintaining eye contact that they walk around backwards.

That makes no sense at all. Unless of course you ignore the actual definition of words. And reality.

May as well say Obsidian has only ever worked on original IPs because KOTOR2 was nothing like the original and also didn't take place in the Star Wars Universe.

And HL2 was a lot like HL, except it had tacked on vehicle sections, an out of place survival horror ripoff level (to be honest, I really liked Ravenholme) and NPCs to busy maintaining eye contact that they walk around backwards.

Other than Xen, Half Life took place entirely inside a Lab. There was no mention of a Combine in Half Life. That's a horrible analogy in the fact that both KOTOR's are clearly much closer to each other plot wise and release date wise than the HL's.

HL2 also had a conherent plot that didn't seem like a cheesy sci-fi ripoff.... (Wait, 1984.... dammit)

There is no hope. : (. I suppose it is like that episode of South Park where butters is constantly told "Simpsons did it" over and over again.

- John Lennon

Is it really a surprise that HL2 features story and location differences from the original? Splinter Cell Conviction looks to be quite the departure from the previous games, but still in no way, shape or form is it an "original IP". You seem to have used "original IP" in place of "I like this game", much in the same way people will call a game "total crap" when what they really mean is"I don't like this game for some reason".

With characters like Alyx and her dad, that Kleiner dude and his pet crab alien, and Mr Smoking Man Wannabe, HL2 seemed like some cheesy made for tv midday movie scifi gunk. Only with better effects.

HL1, on the other hand, was a Doom ripoff. Monsters (aliens/demons) invade location (lab/space base) and silent (and personalityless) hero saves the day.

I don't understand how you can't be excited about Assassin's Creed. It's made by the same people(apparently almost the same team even) that made Prince of Persia: Two Thrones, it has virtually exactly similar gameplay, aestethics and world, it's full of emergent gameplay(lol gaembox vocablurary!!1),has killer graphics to boot and is a spiritual successor to PoP games. I mean, what's not to like? Lack of Godsmack?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Two Thrones was pretty awesome after the travesty that was Warrior Within.

That said, Sands of Time is easily the superior one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Two Thrones was pretty awesome after the travesty that was Warrior Within.

That said, Sands of Time is easily the superior one.

True, but Ubisoft normally only puts out a bad game when they don't have Montreal do it.

And about a post a few posts above:

But HL2 and HL were much more seperate entities than any of the Splinter Cells.

Honestly, I didn't think HL2 deserved the praise it got. It had a very good beginning, probably one of my favorite gaming moments of all time... and an amazing end (and amazing episode 1), but the middle sections simply bogged it down, and I found that quite annoying.

- John Lennon