Its time to downsize America

Kaftan Barlast

I was down at Swedens premiere comicbook store today to pick up this sweet and authentic Marvel Captain America tshirt

v1341ms_b~Captain-America-Center-Logo-Posters.jpg

And all was well, except that at the point of purchase, me and the very helpful clerk discovered that not only are these made in every size up to XXXL but not size 'small', but also that the American size "medium" is the equivalent of the European 'Large'. Now, not buying the t-shirt was not an option(Captain America never retreats), so I bravely purchased the largest 'medium' Ive ever seen. It hangs approximately 7-8cm too low on my proud 180cm body.

America, I ask you to stop this madness. Make your bodies slenderer and your clothes smaller. Let the fatties go without their licensed mercandise, because the thin people of the world needs it so much more.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Medium?I haven't worn a medium since puberty

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I was down at Swedens premiere comicbook store today to pick up this sweet and authentic Marvel Captain America tshirt

And all was well, except that at the point of purchase, me and the very helpful clerk discovered that not only are these made in every size up to XXXL but not size 'small', but also that the American size "medium" is the equivalent of the European 'Large'. Now, not buying the t-shirt was not an option(Captain America never retreats), so I bravely purchased the largest 'medium' Ive ever seen. It hangs approximately 7-8cm too low on my proud 180cm body.

America, I ask you to stop this madness. Make your bodies slenderer and your clothes smaller. Let the fatties go without their licensed mercandise, because the thin people of the world needs it so much more.

I am 5''11 with an athletic build i weight 182lbs. My upper body makes it diffucult to buy a shirt that really fits. Since i need a shirt that fits a large upper body it means i need a larger size, but since my height is rather average the larger size shirt hangs 4 inches too low all the time. But if i get a shirt that fits my height and not my upper body then it fits all tight making me look like a beef cake and the sleeves are extra high like Im showing my guns at a show. Meh! Sizes that fit me vary from small to Xlarge, but most brands don't fit at all.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

You are a rock Whiteteeth

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

:lol: I've got to admit, there are WAY to many + sizes running around here. What can you expect from the country that invented the Big Mac. Salad dressing AND mayo on a burger? Jeez, no wonder the leading cause of death among males here is heart disease.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Don't blame us. We brits are practically yanks these days.

Not that it stops the filthy clothes companies from selling 'slim fit' shirts. I was utterly perplexed ntil I realised this is what women have been facing for years. They know only about 5% of people actually suit there fething product, but sell it anyway.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

:lol: I've got to admit, there are WAY to many + sizes running around here. What can you expect from the country that invented the Big Mac. Salad dressing AND mayo on a burger? Jeez, no wonder the leading cause of death among males here is heart disease.

Or the inventor of the 12 thousand calorie SALAD!!! (taco salad with the works)

Myspace Website!

My rig

medium size shirt? Gromnir's sister, who had an eating disorder, could still fit in a medium... and that were while she were going through chemo.

Gromnir wears xl-2xl and am less than 6' tall. obese? not even close. for chrissakes, when we were a sophomore wrestling in high school at 145 we still wore large sizes.

maybe is the pasty-faced euros with their concave chests and chain smoker physiques that is real problem.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Don't blame us. We brits are practically yanks these days.

Not that it stops the filthy clothes companies from selling 'slim fit' shirts. I was utterly perplexed ntil I realised this is what women have been facing for years. They know only about 5% of people actually suit there fething product, but sell it anyway.

I hate when they pull that crap with pants. It's like it has a stranglehold on my crotch and its like OH GAWD WHY ARE YOU DOIGN THIS TO ME?! :'(

But i gotta agree with grom, tho im under 6 feet and i weigh about 175 or so and iv been wearing mediums for a long time I'm starting to move to large becuase working out has exponentially expanded my chest. I hate it. :'(

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

That's pathetic. Yes, I'm overweight, although I doubt if I count as obese. However, when I ran or worked out every day, I still couldn't wear anything less than a large. Even with very little body fat, you'd expect most guys to have muscles, damn it. I've felt pretty bad about getting out of shape, but I'm supposed to fit in a small? You've got to be joking.

I think Americans are probably overweight. Sure. ...but if you're going to tell me that we're in bad shape because our small is the same as your medium, then I'm going to counter that you need to stop being 90 pound weaklings. Now get out of the thread before Gromnir kicks sand in your face. hahaha

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Dont you love it when you are eating with someone who was "dieting" and they order a healthy salad and drown in in real dressing? Or pizza with a diet soda? Too funny. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Man, it's been a while since I've seen a obese European. And it's not like we are health obsessed, hardly. All of my friends love to eat(though one of them eats only chips and coffeine), but move so much around that fat is hardly gained. I lived in a folk high school for nine months and every meal was feast, if the food was low cal, the dessert wasn't and vice versa, and I gained weight, ten kilos or so. Now that it's over, I eat nothing near as much and started running out of the heck of it. I had forgotten how good a workout felt.

That said, Finland has been a country that takes the health of their young very seriously ever since post war coma. We don't haven't had generations of youth that lack purpose in life besides watching tv for a while, actually ever, even though this and the last generation has often been associated as not having any ideals or desired, airheaded and generally a "lost generation". Heh, I guess you could say that once you learn to hate your parents, you don't hang around home enough to watch tv and get fat.

All in all, we might differ a lot from elsewhere Europe, or "Them", but I think Europe is generally of the mind(with the exception of Britain, sorry guys) that fat is bad.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Dont you love it when you are eating with someone who was "dieting" and they order a healthy salad and drown in in real dressing? Or pizza with a diet soda? Too funny. :lol:

I can totally relate to the diet soda! The Aspartame in Diet sodas are horrible for peoples health too, stay away.

How about these new ENERGY drinks like MONSTER ENERGY DRINK... Insane stuff, a person use to get those drinks in the morning and you could tell when they crashed every day around 11am. Poor guy looked depressed. not to mention the cup of sugar and concentrated Caffeine. Stay away.

Myspace Website!

My rig

I can totally relate to the diet soda! The Aspartame in Diet sodas are horrible for peoples health too, stay away.

How about these new ENERGY drinks like MONSTER ENERGY DRINK... Insane stuff, a person use to get those drinks in the morning and you could tell when they crashed every day around 11am. Poor guy looked depressed. not to mention the cup of sugar and concentrated Caffeine. Stay away.

Guilty as charged, my beefcake friend. I drink these energy drinks at work. They don't even taste good. I don't know why I drink them.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Energy drinks are so gross. Just drop the caffeine, take a cold shower and a banana and you'll be fine.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Bananas are awesome. And I'm not even a monkey, much.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I wear mediums. Some shirts I'd really like in a small, but they simply do not make the kind of clothes I want in a small.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I wear mediums. Some shirts I'd really like in a small, but they simply do not make the kind of clothes I want in a small.

because of your enormous head?

Do you put your excess shirt into your pants, Ron? I've never understood why people stick their long t-shirts into their pants, they're not dressing in a suit when that would be proper and during summer the sweatlines on their shirts look rather crass. And having a t-shirt is all about wearing light clothing, not sinking in the heat and playing oven between your jeans and your shirt.

I do think the next president should adress this issue of failed dressing. It's most distressing.

kirottu said:

I think the real problem is that there is no standard scale by which sizes are assigned. A medium from one company is a XL from another. I'm 6' and in decent shape and I wear mostly mediums with a couple larges. All the t-shirts that I have bought locally have been mediums and they are pretty loose on me. I bought a couple medium shirts in BC when I was out there last year and both of them are way to small for me to the point where my head doesn't fit through the neck hole. I also have a t-shirt that I won in a contest that was shipped from the states. It's a large, but is actually smaller than the mediums that I buy locally.

I'd love it if companies would all use the same scale so that a medium is a medium and a large is a large no matter where you get it from.

All my shirts are dress shirts with the exception of two that I rarely wear. The two T-Shirts are smalls though, and don't go past my waist. I don't normally tuck in my dress shirts but sometimes I do. I don't wear jeans either.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Right, it's good that we have established where you stand on this issue.

Further reports will follow.

kirottu said: