Do you let your character fall to the dark side

Do you let your character fall to the dark side  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let your character fall to the dark side

• Yes lords of the sith have more fun
    • No i'm a jedi
    • What's the darkside?

...but then you feel bad later.

Actually I find this happens to me as well. I know it's only a game, I know it's only role-playing, and it's fine for a short while, but I have to pause and do something else every so often if I'm 'playing evil', especially if the game is really well written and you can be really properly evil.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I can never do Dark side, just isn't in my interest or nature of playing games.

I agree, but the lure of possible new content is too powerful. Once I've played the game through as a good male and a good female, what else is there to do? Let all the 'evil' content sit there on the hard drive un-played? :aiee:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I can never do Dark side, just isn't in my interest or nature of playing games.

I agree, but the lure of possible new content is too powerful. Once I've played the game through as a good male and a good female, what else is there to do? Let all the 'evil' content sit there on the hard drive un-played? :aiee:

Yup :) It deserves to stay there and die a forever slowly death ;) I just feel bad when i've done something wrong, but i must admit, i did want to turn to the dark side when i spent like 5+ hours? getting the Jedi Masters all together and Kreia to come and kill them just made me shout at the monitor.

You really should play few titles many times. Games like Fallout really start to shine with multiple playthroughs

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

You really should play few titles many times. Games like Fallout really start to shine with multiple playthroughs

Perhaps, but as I said, once I have been through the story of a roleplaying game I no longer wish to replay it. I feel like the story has been concluded and as if alternate versions would dilute the experience. Note that this does not mean that I do not enjoy a degree of choice in RPGs, because even if I won't get to see the consequences of other choices, it is still more satisfying when one's choices shape the story and it can usually be easily ascertained if that is the case in the particular game in question.

I'm similar with the idea of first playthrough being "canon" for me. For example, my first playthrough through MotB with troubled Aasimar Fighter/Spirit Shaman will always be canonical one for me. However, I've learned the other playthrougs dilute in no way it's status. Some times I change the "canonical" one like I did with HotU when I realized I had managed to create much deeper character.

I play my other playthrougs as "what if" scenarios.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 3 weeks later...
I'm similar with the idea of first playthrough being "canon" for me. For example, my first playthrough through MotB with troubled Aasimar Fighter/Spirit Shaman will always be canonical one for me. However, I've learned the other playthrougs dilute in no way it's status. Some times I change the "canonical" one like I did with HotU when I realized I had managed to create much deeper character.

I play my other playthrougs as "what if" scenarios.

Fair enough - I recognize that you have a point here, but once I have played the game once and thus established the first playthrough as 'canon', I already know the story and even if I could detach myself from the feeling that future playthroughs dilute the first one, I would find any subsequent playthroughs much less interesting.

Jedi don't "fall" to the darkside in KOTOR games. They jump.

I wouldn't say that either. More like they slowly decline into the Dark Side...

But regardless of what you do the end result is always the same.

You kill Malak, defeat the Sith and save the republic. You kill Malak, abandon them and the Sith destroy themselves, thus saving the republic. You track down and reunite the Jedi Masters, only to have them killed by your teacher, and you defeat the Sith to save the future Jedi Order. You hunt down and kill the remaining Jedi Masters, and destroy the Sith, but the Jedi arn't completely gone.

You see? It doesn't really matter what you do because as long as Light Side is canon, the developers are forced to leave very little artistic freedom for the alternate Dark Sided storyline.

U forgot one option. I brought all the jedi masters to me then killed them showing kreia im not evil (because ur forced to be good on Onderon to get kavar, aswell as nar shadaa).

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

• 3 weeks later...