Do you let your character fall to the dark side  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you let your character fall to the dark side

• Yes lords of the sith have more fun
    • No i'm a jedi
    • What's the darkside?

Guest The Architect
Well...who wouldn't?

Umm... that's what I just said, in the post above you, just in other words. Better words, actually. :)

Oh, and fixed! :shifty:

You guys are killing shifty for me :sad:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Who's shifty?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It's not my fault all the funniest options are darkside.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

• 2 weeks later...

Jedi don't "fall" to the darkside in KOTOR games. They jump.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Jedi don't "fall" to the darkside in KOTOR games. They jump.

I wouldn't say that either. More like they slowly decline into the Dark Side...

But regardless of what you do the end result is always the same.

You kill Malak, defeat the Sith and save the republic. You kill Malak, abandon them and the Sith destroy themselves, thus saving the republic. You track down and reunite the Jedi Masters, only to have them killed by your teacher, and you defeat the Sith to save the future Jedi Order. You hunt down and kill the remaining Jedi Masters, and destroy the Sith, but the Jedi arn't completely gone.

You see? It doesn't really matter what you do because as long as Light Side is canon, the developers are forced to leave very little artistic freedom for the alternate Dark Sided storyline.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jedi only, the sith are for the weak true power does not come from opression and tyranny.

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

Jedi only, the sith are for the weak true power does not come from opression and tyranny.

Nor does true power come from virtues charity and altruism, as you claim... :devil:

The sith claim to embrace emotions, but what is emotions without compassion, mercy, and sense of right. No sith save others they merely corrupt, destroy, and kill. if that is emotions i rather be without them. to be at peace with one self without being restricted by emotional chaos. and to be able to do the right thing without emotional entanglement like greed and lust. those who serve the dark side, care nothing for others. You can claim anakin was a dark sider. but once confronted he turned totally dark. if he truely embraced emotions he would have listened to obi-wan, instead of hastely reaching all the negetive conclusions and feelings.

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

I usually let my character fall to the dark side on KOTOR 1 because there is a plot that compels one to do so. I always start playing my characters as light side and I like to see them fall, but in KOTOR 2 there is simply no good reason/plot to do so.

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"

Guest The Architect

What compelled me to play dark side in my first play through of KotOR and TSL was the humourous dialogue options. Being a heartless bully was amusing. The light side was just full of seriousness and ****.

Only reason i ever go dark side in kotor 2 is for the marauder Rage ability, beyond that the dark side. Don't really offer anything the light side weapon master, don't have. I did notice that i had a heck of a time beating Kreia as a Light Side Consular / Jedi Master though .... Master of the Force ye right ... Half of my Abilties got resisted or did like no damage.

Edited by JediMasterAltena

• 3 weeks later...