well...

taks

since it is not in my profile, well, not exactly, i should mention that today i became 39 years old. at least, 1:30 a.m. (central time, a couple minutes from now) is the cross-over. one more year till the 40th... ugh.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Happy birthday taks...

Rest assured that turning 40 hurts just as much as they say.

p015.gif

All the best.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

27 here.

I feel for you, one year left and you'll turn out like one of my friend's dad (he's an engineer as well): Buying a motorcycle, riding it with the wife through the alps of Europe or something similar. You will suddenly feel the urge to do something different, and quickly, while your body still can handle it.

Trust me, you're doing fine.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Those in Hollywood, then yeah.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Just be glad you've had so much life.

Anyone tries to make out being forty magically makes you into a butt-hole is themselves a butt-chasm.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I feel for you, one year left and you'll turn out like one of my friend's dad (he's an engineer as well): Buying a motorcycle, riding it with the wife through the alps of Europe or something similar. You will suddenly feel the urge to do something different, and quickly, while your body still can handle it.

Trust me, you're doing fine.

given that i've learned to ski within the past 4 years, and i can ski better than most on the mountain, i'm not too upset about being "old."

as for the rest, yeah, my wife pays off her car next summer... we were planning on getting a pair of bikes to tool around in the mountains of CO. hehe... kwinkydink, i think not (she's 35 days older than me, btw... darn cradle robber).

i didn't realize you were old, too, gfted1. cant becomes 39 soon as well.

taks

since it is not in my profile, well, not exactly, i should mention that today i became 39 years old. at least, 1:30 a.m. (central time, a couple minutes from now) is the cross-over. one more year till the 40th... ugh.

taks

*pounces on Taks and shoves a 3 layer birthday cake down his throat*

35 in January myself.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

I prefer immortality. Once the body goes we simply download our minds in a computer generated environment and live on as AIs. ;)

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

maybe that's already what's happening? wait, better for the religion thread... hehe.

i miss 23, but i must say, other than the fact that my body doesn't work nearly as well as it did then, i much prefer life now over then.

taks

i miss 23, but i must say, other than the fact that my body doesn't work nearly as well as it did then, i much prefer life now over then.

taks

I feel the same way. Long gone are the days of shrugging off an all-nighter or not aching after strenuous activity but with age comes wisdom and patience which allows you to review you life and learn from its experiences.

uh, yeah... that's it, that's the benefit of age that we fool ourselves into believing, while continually reminding the young'uns that it's "good," right? ;)

we had a pool tournament this past weekend. after drinking all weekend the week before (canoe trip on the maramec in MO), then two hard nights in a row at the tourney (down in pueblo), i'm thinking my body is going to revolt. i am drained for my b-day.

taks

uh, yeah... that's it, that's the benefit of age that we fool ourselves into believing, while continually reminding the young'uns that it's "good," right? ;)

Lol, well there's got to be some benefit to these pale shadows of ourselves that weve become. TBH, I often find that "wisdom" sucks the life out of everything. Some of my funnest life experiences are due to the recklessness that youth afforded me. Now, aware of my own mortality, Im much less likely to engage in "risky" behavior.

Despite of being almost killed 4 times in my life I do my best to avoid risky behavior.

Despite of being almost killed 4 times in my life I do my best to avoid risky behavior.

Well you occupy more space then the average human, so you're more likely to have a part of your body involved in something risky. Them is the breaks.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

:wub: Yeah, that's a likelihood.

Hell, I hope you guys are around when I turn 40, then I can call you craggy and wizened. Congrats Taks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Happy Birhday Taks! This will be the last one you count. Next year it will be the 1st anniversary of you 39th Birthday :wub:

To quote Mickey Mantle "If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself".

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Happy Birhday Taks! This will be the last one you count. Next year it will be the 1st anniversary of you 39th Birthday :wub:

To quote Mickey Mantle "If I'd known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself".

I'm assuming that by treating myself badly enough I'll never have to face that embarassment.

...He says after a healthy day of exercise, low carbohydrates and plenty of fresh vegetables.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.