RECALLS: Tree stands, tot shoes, flashlights, tire pumps, earrings

Guard Dog

Article Link: Sun-Sentinel

The following recalls have been announced:

About 9,000 Ol' Man tree stands, manufactured in China and imported and distributed by TSR Inc., because the locking pins can come out and put a person in the stand at risk of falling. The recall includes about 500 Ol' Man replacement pin sets that were sold separately. The company has received five reports of pins coming out of tree stands, including four reports of injuries. Details: by phone at 888-656-2606; by Web at http://www.olmanoutdoors.com or http://www.cpsc.gov.

About 270,000 clogs for toddlers, manufactured in China by Payless ShoeSource Inc., because the plastic rivets attaching the strap to the shoe can detach and pose a choking hazard. No injuries have been reported. This expands a May recall of 690,000 shoes. Details: by phone at 800-654-0697; by Web at http://www.payless.com or http://www.cpsc.gov.

About 4,400 Xenon aluminum flashlights, distributed by Sportsman's Warehouse and manufactured in China, because the batteries packaged with the flashlights have been determined by Panasonic to be counterfeit. The counterfeit batteries, labeled as ``Panasonic CR123A Industrial Lithium,'' can overheat and rupture, posing a fire and burn hazard to consumers. Sportsman's Warehouse has received two reports of batteries and flashlights overheating and igniting, resulting in one reported injury of burns to the hands. Details: by phone at 877-678-0010; by Web at www.sportsmanswarehouse.com or http://www.cpsc.gov

About 55,000 combination tire inflator and hand pumps, imported by Innovations in Cycling Inc., doing business as Genuine Innovations, because the device can shatter under pressure when inflating tires if there is a blockage in the tire valve. Innovations in Cycling Inc. has received 12 reports of combination tire inflator and hand pumps exploding, including six reported injuries such as lacerations, temporary ringing in ear and bruising. The recalled product, manufactured in China and Taiwan, includes the Genuine Innovations Second Wind MTB model with part numbers 2525, 2525-O or 3519 and the Wrench Force Two Shot model with part numbers 84995 or 80383 combination tire inflator and hand pumps. Details: by phone at 800-340-1050; by Web at www.genuineinnovations.com or http://www.cpsc.gov.

About 220 Sleeping Beauty crown and Cinderella star earring sets, manufactured in China by Uncas Manufacturing Co., because the recalled metal earring sets contain high levels of lead, which is toxic if ingested by young children. No incidents or injuries have been reported. The Sleeping Beauty Crown set contains two pairs of earrings, including one shaped as pink crowns and the other pair shaped as the Sleeping Beauty character. The Cinderella Star Earring set contains two pairs of earrings, including one shaped as blue stars and the other shaped as the Cinderella character. The products were sold at Wal-Mart stores in Florida from February to June 2007. Details: by phone at 800-776-0980; by Web at http://www.cpsc.gov.

Holy crap, I gotta start reading the labels before I buy things and see where the heck it came from. The whole dog food thing scared the heck out of me as it was. If the Chinese want to take over the world they will not need their military to do it, if everyone keeps using their crappy products there won't be anyone left.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

*grabs an item off his desk*

Game Boy Advance SP: Made in China

*grabs an item off his floor*

Microsoft Xbox 360 controller: Made in China

This may take a while.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Somehow I doubt these five items accurately represent the bazillions of stuff manufactured in China. No need to start tying knots in your knickers just yet.

That was an attempt at levity Kitty. :bat:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

This is exactly the kind of thing less gov't oversight would help to prevent.

Exactly. Without all the ridiculous laws and restrictions, companies would be able to put out some real quality stuff. As it is now with the chinese goverments "fundamental design flaws must be present in atleast 5% of all products sold to imperialist pigdogs" law, that's just not going to happen.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I try my best not to buy things from China. Sometimes I don't have a real choice in somethings but I can say that my stuff is at least 80% China-free stuff. Then again most of my belongings are books that were printed in Canada.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Watch as I go OT in my own topic. But this is funny.

I heard on the radio today that there is a canned food recall in progress in Florida and Georgia. Hormel Chili, Corned Beef Hash, Beef Stew and Mighty Dog canned dog food cans from a Georgia plant are all contaminated with botulisim. Beef Stew, Chili, Hash, and dog food.... all from the same plant???? No wonder it all looks the same when you open the can.

Thomas Sowell

More reasons to stick with good old wholesome Minnesotan SPAM.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.