Older Software

Dark_Raven

Where would one go to buy older versions of software? I would like to expand my web page making knowledge and would like to get Flash as a start. I am not going to pay $600-700 for the newest version. Even an older version like 5 or MX would suite my simple needs.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Thread Pruned: I am not certain whether the advice and linking to pirated/grey market/illegal crack sites was intended to be humorous, but I do know that the responses were in direct violation of the expectations of the fora here at Obsidian. Piracy and copyright violation are no light matter and, should the posters who posted in the manner that warranted a prune, choose to post again in such a manner, do be advised that choice will lead to immediate censure from the community here at Obsidian.

In regard to Dark Raven's inquiry - have you looked for retail venues that sell older versions of software?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Shop around Amazon if you haven't tried yet. Various distributors partner with them, and I've found some old stuff in various places around the USA. Old stock that no longer sells retail and isn't stocked on retail shelves, but still sellable to online buyers. Use common sense and you won't get burned.

This may seem a little simplisitc but try ebay. At work we needed to revive a utility we had not used in over 13 years. It was DOS 5.0 based and would not run on any XP machine. I actually bought a copy of Windows 3.1 with DOS 5.1 off of ebay and we set up a computer to do that utility only. If I understand the EULA correctly there is no law against buying used software that was properly licensed to begin with.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ah yes, that is legit ways to get it. I wouldn't want anyone getting in trouble for posting warez and pirate sites. Plus you could get a virus from those nasty places.

I am not aware of any used software shops around here.

Amazon! Duh! I do all of my online shopping there for cds and games. Didn't occur to me they could have used/old versions of software there.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.