Far Cry 2

Bokishi

Wait what? Crytek is developing Crysis with their engine. Will the same engine be used in Far Cry 2?

Fun fact, Far Cry sold as much copies as the NWN-series.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Great, so it happens in Africa this time?

First fps I've seen to use a savannah enviroment.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Actually, Ubisoft releases lots of crappy ports for Wii and DS just for quick money. And they have a tendency to release new sequels every one or two years with no or very little improvements.

Ubisoft is nothing but a little EA for me.

centinexx.png

Ubisoft does a lot of different things. If they have to release crappy sequels and tie ins to finance the rest of their(more interesting) lineup, then more power to them.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I never could get into Farcry PC that much.

I appreciated the enormous environments and the freedom to approach a situation as I saw fit, but mostly what happened was me hiding in the grass, killing a merc, and then killing every other merc that came to investigate.

Of course my FPS skills aren't that great in the first place, so probably why I fell back to that tactic time and time again.

I appreciated the enormous environments and the freedom to approach a situation as I saw fit, but mostly what happened was me hiding in the grass, killing a merc, and then killing every other merc that came to investigate.

Of course my FPS skills aren't that great in the first place, so probably why I fell back to that tactic time and time again.

No, that's pretty much what everyone did.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Indeed.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, with the exception of the mutant levels, that's pretty much how the game played out.

That said, I liked to go ape**** on some levels, simply because there were so many opportunities for utter chaos. Like the Temple level's start or the level where you paraglide near the Archive and drop into a huge mutant-merc war.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Indeed.

I did that + flanking them from multiple sides.

It was like I was the Predator, only not invisible and without the neato weapons.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

Tried to play a demo for BiA, but I was completely lost on what I was supposed to do. I thought it was too gamey and suddenly realised how many WW2 games I had seen.

That said, I'll recheck them now that my WW2-vigor is revitalised thanks to rewatching Band of Brothers.

kirottu said:

• 5 weeks later...
Ubisoft also has Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, which'll probably be the best looking game on 360 for a while.

I'm biased because I may be doing some work with Gearbox, but Hell's Highway looks to be awesome in more ways than just graphics.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ubisoft also has Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, which'll probably be the best looking game on 360 for a while.

I'm biased because I may be doing some work with Gearbox, but Hell's Highway looks to be awesome in more ways than just graphics.

What kind of work?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bound by commercial confidentiality, I'm afraid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.