Jericho (squad-based Action Horror game)

No idea, never played anything he had anything to do with ... I've only seen one of his film-from-novel conversions (Hellraiser), and I haven't read any of his fiction, though the background info on the website seems pretty solid and not altogether uninteresting. :blink:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Books of Blood was hilarious; I remember it - well, one of the stories - had an actress coming back from the grave to give this guy a hummer... for all eternity. (Yeah, talk about commitment.) Obviously, he uses a completely ludicrous - and rubbish, naturally - euphemism for the act itself. Pumping, perhaps, I can't really recall.

Undying was the one where you had that magical rock thing for a weapon?

Undying is still my favorite fps ever. Yes, even after GoldenEye and SS2.

You could find it very cheap from online even today. It's aged really well, thanks to Unreal engine, and atmosphere, characters and story in general is top notch. It was one of the first games to use character expressions, reflective surfaces, colored lightning and fog etc. Not to mention the mansion where (most of) the game happens is easily one of the most believable enviroments ever in games. Sure, you have occasional planar rift and constant haunting, but it really is like a old 18th century noble manor in the Highlands.

Only minus to otherwise awesome game is that the end game suffered a bit from crunch time and that I've never got through one boss fight in the game. I lost my last saves on reformat, I should probably play it again soon. Geez, I wish someone gave this game a Rebirth treatment.

Edit: Also, second best(best is totally in Painkiller) melee weapon ever.

Edit2: Ok, after going through the web site, I must admit I'm thrilled that Barker has kept the edges of mystic and mundane slightly interlapping again, a tasteful backdrop to a gorefest, timetravel, undead legionnaires, team action(co-op...?) and actual attention to detail could very well make this the game that will force me to upgrade. Goddamn, it looks promising.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 months later...