Kotor 2 Instalation problems

Well, a long time ago, I used to play Knights of the Old Republic 2, and it worked. Installed it, played to my hearts content.

Then I uninstalled it, and some part of it got stuck on my computer, called the support line and they helped me get it off.

Well, I am trying to reinstall it, and it doesn't work, i get this message.....

To view larger click it

error.jpg

Any help or suggestions, more information needed?

Edited by JohnZombie3

If you hold a CD at an angle to a light you should be able to see if there are any major scratches or belemishes on the disks-if so the place where you bought them will be abliged to replace the damaged disk as long as you still have the recite. First however I'd advise just carefully cleaning the CD with a soft cloth-sometimes fingerprints can screw up a CD, as I've found out the hard way before now.

• 2 weeks later...

It could be the CD drive, older drives can sometimes skip or just fail to read CD's for no apparent reason-is your computer an old one?. The first thing to try is to get a CD cleaner and use that, see if it helps. If not the only solution for a bad CD drive is to replace it (Which is a very simple thing to do, but fairly expensive depending on what drive you opt for.)

Thanks for the advice i'll try it! If it helps my comp is a windows xp home/pro (can't remember i'm at my cousins) and the drive hasn't had any problems before?! (well the comp is pretty much brand knew)

Regards Chewy

Edited by chewbacca09

Chewbacca

The OS shouldn't make any difference (unless it was Vista, which it isn't), so its likely to be a problem with either the disk or with the drive-or both. Cleaning the CD and the Drive would be a good idea-if the CD lens is dirty its not going to read the cd correctly, and if the drive is older it might be less able to handle even small smudges on a CD. A CD cleaner should set you back something between