Man guilty of abducting mom, feeding daughter to alligators

Guard Dog

In either case the victim is still dead. In either case the intent is to kill. Lacking in ability to control one's emotions is not an excuse to commit murder.

I agree. Nor should it mitigate the penalty. Remeber, we are talking about finger that pulls the trigger, the hand that wields the knife so to speak. One person deliberately taking the life of another. If Sand and I got into a bar fight and one of us kills the other with a punch by freak circumstance, that is not murder, it is Manslughter, a lesser crime where you cause a death but did not intend to kill. If during the bar fight one of us pulls a weapon and kills the other, that is murder. I do not want to hear any "crime of passion" excuse then. The moment a weapon is pulled, the whole ball game changes.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Right on, GD. :blink:

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

The distinction is made so that it is easier for juries to reach a verdict.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

In either case the victim is still dead. In either case the intent is to kill. Lacking in ability to control one's emotions is not an excuse to commit murder.

I agree. Nor should it mitigate the penalty. Remeber, we are talking about finger that pulls the trigger, the hand that wields the knife so to speak. One person deliberately taking the life of another. If Sand and I got into a bar fight and one of us kills the other with a punch by freak circumstance, that is not murder, it is Manslughter, a lesser crime where you cause a death but did not intend to kill. If during the bar fight one of us pulls a weapon and kills the other, that is murder. I do not want to hear any "crime of passion" excuse then. The moment a weapon is pulled, the whole ball game changes.

I see you are not familiar with passion.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I have an ex wife. I know.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

It is irrelevant. A human being has free will. That means if that human being chooses to kill someone, either by planning the death or because of emotional stress, he or she is still making the conscience choice to kill a person.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

I'd give him the death penalty, immediately if not sooner. However, justice is spineless in this country, so I'm sure he'll be slapped on the wrist and allowed to continue living on our tax dollars. If this was a CRPG I'd walk up to him and cut him down with a two-handed sword, and then leave his corpse for the birds and insects. :blink:

I have an ex wife. I know.

I am interested in your "ex"ness: how "ex" are we talking ..? :blink:

It is irrelevant. A human being has free will. That means if that human being chooses to kill someone, either by planning the death or because of emotional stress, he or she is still making the conscience choice to kill a person.

The enormity of research that contradicts your (as usual) simplistic response is overwhelming in scope.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

That research is probably done by touchy feelly types. The "devil made me do it" is not a defense to kill people.

The enormity of research that contradicts your (as usual) simplistic response is overwhelming in scope.

Thanks for saving me breath.

...not that it makes any difference, hahaha

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Hades is right, though. If I were to, say, choose to kill Nick, either by planning the death or because of emotional stress, I would still be making the conscious and hilarious choice to kill a "person".

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Just because killing someone may be done hilariously doesn't make it right... Unless it is caught on tape and sent to AFV.

I am interested in your "ex"ness: how "ex" are we talking ..? ;)

That is a long story. To sum it up it was the final act in a trifecta of disasters (failed political career, failed business, failed marriage). It was nasty and bitter as these things usually are.

Thomas Sowell

I am interested in your "ex"ness: how "ex" are we talking ..? ;)

That is a long story. To sum it up it was the final act in a trifecta of disasters (failed political career, failed business, failed marriage). It was nasty and bitter as these things usually are.

Well, sorry to hear that, man.

Yeah, sorry about that. I was more angling for a comic entendre (you offing your ex-wife, making her an ex-person, so to speak), but you've gone and ruined my VERY HUMOROUS comment with the cold, hard glare of reality. No wonder your ex hates you!

[/runs away from yet another attempt at humour in poor taste]

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, sorry about that. I was more angling for a comic entendre (you offing your ex-wife, making her an ex-person, so to speak), but you've gone and ruined my VERY HUMOROUS comment with the cold, hard glare of reality. No wonder your ex hates you!

[/runs away from yet another attempt at humour in poor taste]

I laugh about it now. Heck might as well laugh about these things than cry about them. Besides that was 5 years ago.

But the whole "ex" thing did cross my mind a time or two...

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

I was considering running for office a while back. Something on the state level and low-key like being a Representative. Then I realize who the hell would really vote for a nutter like me?

... And you never had a moment where, during a very heated argument (of course), you might have accidentally shot her with a 40" battleship gun and/or run her over (and reversed back) in a M1 Abrams? ;)"

Ah if only such was readily available.

Thomas Sowell

I was considering running for office a while back. Something on the state level and low-key like being a Representative. Then I realize who the hell would really vote for a nutter like me?

Thats what I ran for, State Rep. Almost 6000 people voted for me. I did not even know all of them. ;)

Thomas Sowell

Another nutter like you? :brows:

That says all i've ever needed to know about Bush getting into power.

The funny thing about US politics Nick is that often enough someone (like Bush) gets elected not because they are good or deserving, but because the alternative is so much worse.

Thomas Sowell