Evolution, creation or something else?

VGCats, much?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 3 weeks later...

Evolution is random chance it does not have a mind. Why are creatures perfectly apapted to their habbitats than? They could of just as easily evolved into a stupid design into they all died. Tells me intellegent design. Cause that's the way they were created. Animals didn't evolve by chance (EVERY animal in the wolrd) to adapt to their habbitats and to such good surviving creatures. Even evolution itself teaches that earth is really a miracle because there is 1/10000 chance that life would evolve so perfectly. If you believe in pure luck that we just PERFECTLY evolved and every creature to be all they are you are wrong. Also how is evolution going to create creatures with emotions and personalitys. Every human has a spirit were not robots. No way in blue hell is there more evidence to support evolution than there is gravity. The world is so perfect and there are so many things that make life possible and people are telling dust made this all possible. If you want to believe your an accident than go ahead and do so. I can gurantee if we live another 65 million years on this earth no creature will have changed. Also if there are things to back up historicle things mentioned in the bible why not believe it?

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Evolution is random chance it does not have a mind. Why are creatures perfectly apapted to their habbitats than? They could of just as easily evolved into a stupid design into they all died. Tells me intellegent design. Cause that's the way they were created. Animals didn't evolve by chance (EVERY animal in the wolrd) to adapt to their habbitats and to such good surviving creatures. Even evolution itself teaches that earth is really a miracle because there is 1/10000 chance that life would evolve so perfectly. If you believe in pure luck that we just PERFECTLY evolved and every creature to be all they are you are wrong.

Evolution is random, but passing your genes on isn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

If you believe in pure luck that we just PERFECTLY evolved...

But we aren't perfect, so we either evolved or were the products of a completely moronic designer. I mean, who would give us this easily-injured back or semi-blind eye if they could have given us anything they wished?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

God isn't perfect

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

God isn't perfect

But he definitely thinks he is.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

God isn't perfect

But he definitely thinks he is.

Just... let's not get there since I don't share your view of malicious, egoistic God who just wants to **** up everything. :bat:

Evolution is random chance it does not have a mind. Why are creatures perfectly apapted to their habbitats than? They could of just as easily evolved into a stupid design into they all died. Tells me intellegent design. Cause that's the way they were created. Animals didn't evolve by chance (EVERY animal in the wolrd) to adapt to their habbitats and to such good surviving creatures. Even evolution itself teaches that earth is really a miracle because there is 1/10000 chance that life would evolve so perfectly. If you believe in pure luck that we just PERFECTLY evolved and every creature to be all they are you are wrong. Also how is evolution going to create creatures with emotions and personalitys.

Universe is huge. In scale of it even most impropable things are likely going to happen somewhere.

Considering emotions and personalities and their relation to evolution, you don't happen to know about branch of psychology called evolution psychology? Personality is largerly formed by inherent genetic traits and enviromental factors ( To cover my bases I put largerly there, since defining "persona" has been and is very, very difficult even with modern knowledge. Although it is questionable does that information matter anything, but I'm slipping away from more scientifical approach here).

"In Paul D. MacLean's classic Triune brain model, emotions are defined as the responses of the Mammalian cortex. Emotion competes with even more instinctive responses from the Reptilian cortex and the more logical, reasoning neocortex. However, current research on the neural circuitry of emotion suggests that emotion is an essential part of human decision-making and planning, and that the famous distinction made by Descartes between reason and emotion is not as clear as it seems.

What are emotions?

We often talk about brains as information-processing systems, but any account of the brain that lacks an account of emotions, motivations, fears, and hopes is incomplete. Emotions are measurable physical responses to salient stimuli: the increased heartbeat and perspiration that accompany fear, the freezing response of a rat in the presence of a cat, or the extra muscle tension that accompanies anger. Feelings, on the other hand, are the subjective experiences that sometimes accompany these processes: the sensations of happiness, envy, sadness, and so on. Emotions seem to employ largely unconscious machinery—for example, brain areas involved in emotion will respond to angry faces that are briefly presented and then rapidly masked, even when subjects are unaware of having seen the face. Across cultures the expression of basic emotions is remarkably similar, and as Darwin observed, it is also similar across all mammals. There are even strong similarities in physiological responses among humans, reptiles, and birds when showing fear, anger, or parental love.

Modern views propose that emotions are brain states that quickly assign value to outcomes and provide a simple plan of action. Thus, emotion can be viewed as a type of computation, a rapid, automatic summary that initiates appropriate actions. When a bear is galloping toward you, the rising fear directs your brain to do the right things (determining an escape route) instead of all the other things it could be doing (rounding out your grocery list). When it comes to perception, you can spot an object more quickly if it is, say, a spider rather than a roll of tape. In the realm of memory, emotional events are laid down differently by a parallel memory system involving a brain area called the amygdala."

That's from wiki in case of you couldn't already guess it.

Every human has a spirit were not robots. No way in blue hell is there more evidence to support evolution than there is gravity. The world is so perfect and there are so many things that make life possible and people are telling dust made this all possible. If you want to believe your an accident than go ahead and do so. I can gurantee if we live another 65 million years on this earth no creature will have changed. Also if there are things to back up historicle things mentioned in the bible why not believe it?

Ugh. Sorry to inform you, but there's no proof people have anything that could be called as spirit or soul. I propose you get yourself familiar with terms like neurobiology, neuropsychology and such.

Nice fallacious logic right there. You should read this topic again, hell, even first page should be enough.

Also, evolution has been witnessed. Numerous times. Example

DN also dealt with idea that we're perfect, in no way we are. We have many useless, even harmful things in our physiology that can only explained with evolution

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Just... let's not get there since I don't share your view of malicious, egoistic God who just wants to **** up everything. :p

There is no god. I really don't think he could have created the earth, or anything else for that matter... :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

That was directed to Sand, you posted while I was writing that post (surfing wiki can be time consuming, especially if you're doing other random stuff at the same time)

(reason why I edited that quote on top of my post)

Edited by Xard

Also, it's funny how this topic makes me sound like (well, little bit) atheistic and "science believer" ( a lot ).

Couldn't be much farther from the truth

Just... let's not get there since I don't share your view of malicious, egoistic God who just wants to **** up everything. :p

There is no god. I really don't think he could have created the earth, or anything else for that matter... :thumbsup:

What? So you are saying there is no God, and then you are giving him a gender and saying he's not resonsible for the Earth. Do you understand why this makes no sense?

God isn't perfect

What? I mean, according to the Bible, he is omnipotent and all-knowing; don;t these traits cancel out the "god is imperfect" arguments? :thumbsup:

Pure proganda and hype.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

God needs a new publicist, if you ask me.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Guest The Architect
Also, it's funny how this topic makes me sound like (well, little bit) atheistic and "science believer" ( a lot ).

Couldn't be much farther from the truth

Indeed. I was convinced by this thread that you were a full on science fanboy.

What kind of **** are we taught these days. All these mind sets. There are many things science still can't explain. Intellegant design makes a hell of alot more since. Yes guys we got traits from dust and evolved from dust. Dust created all this. If we don't have a spirit than science would pretty much say were robots and live only to produce more of our own kind. What makes more since? In the beginning there was dirt and dirt evolved into a bananna and passed on it's traits to us untill life evolved and the earth was able to sustain life and resources to keep life alive or in the begiining God created the heveans and the earth. People are saying were not perfect but the way our bodies function and minds work is far from being the work of evolution. Also if historicle events in the bible have happened than why not BELIEVE it. There is proof of a flood now what do you think caused this flood?

Duh, "Sidious was strongest sith lord in his time" my ass, he was the only sith lord
- Xard

Hey, these are all just opinions here. The answer to the question of whether God exists has always been personal, and I suppose it can never be fully answered until you die. Science is great. It explains all sorts of amazing stuff. But faith is great too, and since God can mean something different to every individual, it will always remain relevant. It seems silly to me to try and argue over which science or religion is the most logical or powerful. Everyone should form their own beliefs and not let others meddle in them, because it's a personal belief.

Does anyone actually enjoy these discussions?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What kind of **** are we taught these days.

The kind that uses secular critical thinking instead of just being spoonfed by the local church/nutjob.

All these mind sets. There are many things science still can't explain.

5000 years ago people thought the world was flat and the sun revolves around the Earth. 1000 years ago people had no idea that micro-organism such as bacteria and virus existed. 100 years ago people had the popular belief that the Moon was made of cheese. Just because our current level of scientific knowledge can't explain certain things does not mean that a hundred years, 1000 years, 5000 years in the future it won't.

Intellegant design makes a hell of alot more since.

No, it does not.

Yes guys we got traits from dust and evolved from dust. Dust created all this. If we don't have a spirit than science would pretty much say were robots and live only to produce more of our own kind.

The spirit and soul of man is not in the realm of science, but philosophy. The spark of human sentience is a greater than the sum of its parts.

What makes more since? In the beginning there was dirt and dirt evolved into a bananna and passed on it's traits to us untill life evolved and the earth was able to sustain life and resources to keep life alive or in the begiining God created the heveans and the earth. People are saying were not perfect but the way our bodies function and minds work is far from being the work of evolution.

I disagree. It would be simpler to believe in some diety that created everything, but its a lie. Evolution, giving over our existence to random chance, is a lot more disconcerting, but far more plausible that some supernatural being made this world. We have no heaven to strive for, no hell to fear but our own making. When we die that is the end of ourselves. I can understand why you fear this idealogical truth.

Also if historicle events in the bible have happened than why not BELIEVE it. There is proof of a flood now what do you think caused this flood?

Back in the days of yore, when it thundered and lightning in the norse skies they thought it was Thor raging in the heavens. Now we know what causes a thunderstorm, but in the primitive mindset it was so frightening, so alien that it had to be supernatural in nature and origin. How else could they explain an eclipse of the sun, an eruption from a volcano, or a grand flood?

Besides, even evolution is happening today with current species. Take the house cat for example. SOme housecats have learned to speak a few words and developed a fifth digit on their forepaws. Give another million years or so of continued development who knows what they may evolve into.

Edited by Sand

Yeah, I think it's fun to think about this stuff and try to put it into words. I guess if I didn't have these forums, I'd have to write my opinions in a journal or something.

Dear Diary,

Pixies is dreamy!

You are beginning to disturb me, Hurlly.

Yeah, I think it's fun to think about this stuff and try to put it into words. I guess if I didn't have these forums, I'd have to write my opinions in a journal or something.

Dear Diary,

Pixies is dreamy!

I can understand that. It's just when you read some of the stuff people type in these discussions, it's just easy to become disillusioned, seeing people just being jerks. It's hard to get around, sure there is discussion going on, and all that, but there is just a lot of jerks. Outspoken jerks. Us-verse-them jerks. I grew up on these forums Obsidian. I think sometimes you guys forget. Kids like me and KotorKyle, we grew up here. Obsidian has shaped me as a person. You guys are like my family, sure, sometimes you'll embarass me, and I'll look away and roll my eyes, saying "Oh Obsidian!" But to see you fighting like this again, like you always have been... I guess I'm just trying to say, mom, dad, stop fighting already. It's been like this for a long time, and I've just been too afraid to say anything, but I need to say something, not for my sake, but for your sake. It's not just in this thread, although it's more aparent in religous threads. If you people can't be civil about it, it'll tear us apart. Can't we just get along?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.