T.O.M.B.S: Vol. 8

Okay, I'll ask for a review for myself. I know this is something akin to being worked over with a rolling pin, but here goes. I know there are folks out there who'd like to smack me around a bit. Here's your chance. ...And remember, as long as it's not completely overboard, you can be pretty cruel in TOMBS and get away with it. I have reports I'll be doing later. Most of you guys know that means sometime over the next several months, as well as how cruel I can be.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Man, I was going to resurrect this a week ago, but decided otherwise. And now comes Eldar completely oblivious to natural order of things(that I always start new TOMBS-threads) and decides to go along with it.

:Mus's disgruntled but glad that things are back to the same grin icon:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I'm that one that should be mad, considering he stole the idea from a PM I sent him telling him about how I was going to start another T.O.M.B.S. thread.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

TOMBS? That would be the place where doppleganger known as Cantousent tossed the body of Eldar after having assumed his place on the forums.

After browsing 204 pages of posts, I found the oldest post that the forum software currently attributes to Cantousent:

Stalking along the tundra, attacking with a vorpal blade, cometh Eldar! And he gives an ominous scream:

"For the love of beatings, I pillage like a four-year-old on a sugar rampage!"

Notice how he hasn't quite stomped out all things Eldar at that time yet?

It is funny though, I seem to remember from top of my head that one of the first posts under the name Cantousent was an obituary for a friend/relative.

Cantousent the idealist:

Ok, so here is the thing about Cantousent, he is an unwaivering idealist, believing in all things good and righteous. How the heck he can play anything besides a Paladin in a P&P game beyond me and a kudos to his acting skills. I think he sometimes takes ideals more serious and live by their code more strictly than the guys who came up with the ideas originally. Yes, I am also talking about that silly group of tax welchers who decided that they didn't owe uncle George a thing for all stuff he had done for them (killing natives and frenchmen). He follows the rituals and once dreamt of wearing the trappings of an organisation that is not famous for the ideals he himself stands for, yet I wonder if it wouln't be a bad tradeoff and the world would get the bad end of the deal. I think he has more to offer the world than you can do when limited by such things. There are friends money can't buy, for the rest there is Mastercard.

Cantousent the forumite:

He is just about everywhere? Eloquent, Insightful, Educated, Idealistic (see above, it shines through in many of his posts, he wants to make the best of most situations and think positively, even when people, including yours truly, behaves like ****) and I can't remember ever having seen him beeing condescending (he needs to put more points in his gloating skill). The only time he wrote stuff that made me quasy was when he quoted old Greek texts (in the original alphbet), because they reminded me of the math tests that I sucked so badly at in university. He discusses hardware, p&p games, politics, religion, video games etc. without making a lot of enemies (except metadigital because nobody likes metas ideas of alien factions). Then there was the fun thing about the Moderator tag. Was that a signal light? On... off... on... off... And then there is the Cantousent "BLOG"... I don't think there are many posters who give other people such an insight into their lives, sharing experiences, whether it be travel or work. I would bet, that there might even be lurkers out there who feel like they have known him for a long time without ever having exchanged words with him.

Traits/Perks/Whathaveyou

Speech skill (gets practised a lot)

Explorer skill (travels the world)

Science (I am sure there is a lot of trivia at his command, ready to write down in an instant)

Strengths:

Hard to argue with somebody who genuinely believes in the case they are arguing. Makes for some good posting kung-fu.

Weaknesses:

Gets emotional sometimes as a result of the same. Lacks the viciousness and cruelty to win at all costs.

And when the Warhammer 40k MMO gets up and running, we will join forces and rid the galaxy of all that opposes us! :)

And this is really only a fraction of all the stuff there is to say about this Eldar imposter.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Well, wouldn't you want to be an outlaw once in your lifetime? Eh, bandito?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

And here I thought T.O.M.B.S. was outlawed (for whatever plausible reason)? :*

It wasn't outlawed, it was just killed. First it died from having Baley's odd stories. Then it continued die under the strain of Eldousent's bloviating rants putting imaginary people on trial. Or is it putting people on imaginary trials? ...whatever.

After that, it died drowning in unworthy spam which began toward the end of volume 6 - from about here.

Then its corpse was abused in volume 7.

It wasn't technically outlawed but was given a forced rest, which in my awesome opinion, it needed.

Edited by Surreptishus

This T.O.M.B.S. report is of Musopticon?.

What. A. Jerkface.

:*

But yeah, 7th wasn't really a T.O.M.B.S-thread. More like a Krookie trying his still weak eaglet wings of spam(don't ask me how that's physiologically possible) and managing pretty well. Not a bad spam thread all in all, it was brave, had necrophilia and Lou, was brief and spontaneous in a grim time like a candle flame of a wax torch dropping from a rocky precipice to a deep moist abyss, momentarily lighting the horrified faces of spelunkers before a bat holocau...ahem, anyway.

Now that the person-who-ate-Eldar-and-took-his-face is back and promises to make an effort, maybe T.O.M.B.S can raise again from his(it's?) pioneering example. Then again, it felt like an effort to separate those letters with dots.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Damn! I was going to bloviate and put more people on trial! To be fair, I only put one person on trial and then I only wrote a prosecution and defense. Okay, okay, no more trials. Instead, it will be the TOMBS football game report. hehehehe

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I want to be a cheerleader.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I believe!

Save thepixiesrock, save the world!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Jags, damn you, report on Pixies already. We're going to end up having this thread killed earlier than vol. 7, if that's possible.

Obsidian Plays

...slack jawed villain in a Chuck Norris film... Gawd, where do you come up with these? hahaha

Obsidian Plays

So am I a demigod yet or what?

actually I think that you've been relegated to legend do to the fact that you've slowed your postings.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What was Pan god of?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_(mythology) :Cant's toothy grin icon:

Pan got a bad rap for being random and capricious. One of the accounts of the musical contest between Apollo and Pan tells of a stalemate between the two. Apollo turned his lyre upside down and played a tune and won the day when Pan could not do the same with his pipes.

The ancient Greeks tended to look at stringed instruments as more refined and civilized than wind instruments.

Obsidian Plays