1 year from now ?????

dustin19

next gen system that will be the best at next years E3  

25 members have voted

1. 1. choose what you think and y ???

• XBOX360
    • WII
    • PLASTATION 3

Between the PS3 and the 360, I think the 360 will rule the next year. But it always takes a new platform at least a year to really establish a good game library, and the PS3 might come on strong by the end of 2008.

By then everyone will already have a 360, and M$ wins again!

Greetings nerdlings! As of today, we have gathered to celebrate the "Console battle of death with a wooden spoon or a witty argument", where the participants enjoy a great battle on behalf of their Overlords. We have Xbot, representing the mighty Lord Microsoft of Software without a cause, a new and rather silly person. Lord Microsoft was the first to enter this battle two years ago, giving a head start by almost 12 months to gather to wittiest of arguments or carve the most diabolical wooden spoon. Really exciting, isn't it folks?

Then, we have the PsProstitute, representing lord Sony of the great Cell. Lord Sony the great champion of last round and the round before that, winning by confusing arguments and a completely outwitting of Lord Sega, who later was forced to retire and do peculiar things, not including wooden spoons. This year, PsProstitute has changed the arguments for something even more strange than last time: "Potential and Blu-ray", leaving even the most dimwitted with comebacks of great wit. A slow start, but we shouldn't consider these arguments as too silly, since similar were made in the last round which made PsProstitute the reigning champion for the second time in a row, smart little bugger that one, isn't he?

And finally, the big surprise from times past: Lord Nintendo, destroyer of Atari and creator of the great italian plumbing phenomenon, which hasn't really died down since the 80's. Atleast no wooden spoons were needed, but lets save those for this great competition, shall we? Representing Lord Nintendo is a myriad of people, which collectively call themselves "WII", who have completely and utterly taken PsProstitute and Xbot by surprise. Using unfamiliar arguments like "fun" and "non-gamer" and sporting with the most sharp and interesting wooden spoon of them all, "WII"-people have left Xbot and PsProstitute completely dumbfounded and disgruntled over current state things. "HD doesn't seem to matter that much", mutters the Xbot. "Why can't they see the potential in my arguments", cries the PsProstitute.

Despite the supreme judge of reason, Meshugger's, declaration of them all being a bunch of twats, no one seems to listen, and the arguments continue further, with pointing of everlasting sharp, wooden spoons.

/john cleese

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Between the PS3 and the 360, I think the 360 will rule the next year. But it always takes a new platform at least a year to really establish a good game library, and the PS3 might come on strong by the end of 2008.

They lost the last round

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

They lost the last round

How so?

I'm actually sort of curious as to where anyone get snay of their information that they use to base this type of claim on.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

They lost the last round

How so?

The playstation 2 sold 120 million units worldwide. The Xbox sold 24 million units.

The Gamecube sold over 21 million.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, PS2 can still be considered as "king of the consoles". However, old king has reached evening of his life and new prince has yet to emerge...

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

They lost the last round

How so?

The playstation 2 sold 120 million units worldwide. The Xbox sold 24 million units.

Where did you get that information?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

They lost the last round

How so?

I did a quick search of wikipedia.org. If you want more reliable sources:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_e.html 120 million PS2 units worldwide

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14940 31.7 million PS2 units US

http://www.xbox.com/zh-SG/community/news/2006/20060510.htm 24 million Xbox units worldwide

I won't be buying a next-gen console any time soon. I'm leaning towards to 360 but it hasn't yet been officially released in here. It has a very high failure rate so buying one without a proper warranty is throwing the money away. Wii has only two available games in which I'm interested. So it's not an option either. And PS3 is too expensive.

I'm happy with my PS2. I still have lots of games to play.

centinexx.png

They lost the last round

How so?

Hey cool, thanks.

I did a quick search of wikipedia.org. If you want more reliable sources:

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/data/bizdataps2_e.html 120 million PS2 units worldwide

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14940 31.7 million PS2 units US

http://www.xbox.com/zh-SG/community/news/2006/20060510.htm 24 million Xbox units worldwide

Hey cool thanks

I won't be buying a next-gen console any time soon. I'm leaning towards to 360 but it hasn't yet been officially released in here. It has a very high failure rate so buying one without a proper warranty is throwing the money away. Wii has only two available games in which I'm interested. So it's not an option either. And PS3 is too expensive.

well u no that the 360 has that new three year warranty ??

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

Every 360 has the 3 year warranty. It's not something you pay extra for.

Anyways, I thought we were looking at next-gen platforms, not PS2's and Gamecubes. There are so many other factors to take into account when comparing last gen consoles to next gen, it's a bit hard to do so. The 360 won the last round of next gen console based mostly on the fact that it was a one horse race for most of the year.

The Wii is off to a tremendous start and I think it's shown a smarter business model than either Sony or Microsoft. It won the lottery with the nunchuck system. But the system also appeals to a different audience, so Nintendo really is in a league of their own. The only real competition going on is between the 360 and the PS3, and so far Sony has not done what is necessary to make up for the fact they released a year after the 360.

Anyways, I thought we were looking at next-gen platforms, not PS2's and Gamecubes. There are so many other factors to take into account when comparing last gen consoles to next gen, it's a bit hard to do so. The 360 won the last round of next gen console based mostly on the fact that it was a one horse race for most of the year.

Rounds were being referred to as generations, not years. People weren't making comparisons to the previous platforms, but correcting the statement that MS would win "again."

Edited by Tale

well u no that the 360 has that new three year warranty ??

As I said, It(360) hasn't yet been offically released in here. Every single 360 console(and the original Xbox) is import. So Microsoft refuses to apply the warranty with the 360 units. They don't have to have a customer support for X360. It hasn't yet been offically released afterall.

centinexx.png

Are you aware of plans for an Xbox 360 release in Turkey?

Some people say 2008, and some say never. And Microsoft only says "We want to release it someday". I was supporting X360 merely because of upcoming games but now, I'm not sure. Nintendo and Sony release their products on offical release dates and support their products very well. So, when the PS3 gets cheaper, I'll be the first guy in the line.

centinexx.png

I really only play my WII as far as console gaming goes, anymore. I had an Xbox 360, but lent it out to a friend awhile back and haven't even thought much about it. The gameplay of console games is boring and uninspired. My friends and I have all gotten a big bang out of the WII. I really only make use of WII sports and then only the tennis and boxing, but we all have a huge amount of fun playing against each other. I guess I'd make more use of the virtual console thingy, but I already have emulators on my computer for that.

The whole idea of sitting infront of a TV and pushing a button at the appropriate time seems a little funny lately.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Sure, it's like that in uninspired fps's, but for the rest of us here who play real games it's different. Us true gamers play thought provoking and intelligent RPG's, where every choice you make has real consequences on a real fictinal world.

And others of us quit gamming forever.

Sure, it's like that in uninspired fps's, but for the rest of us here who play real extremegames it's different. Us extreme gamers play extreme thought provoking and intelligent RPG's, where every choice you make has extremeconsequences on a real fictinal world.

And others of us quit gamming forever.

Fixed.