TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Ok obviously none of you have ever had jobs, or even class assignments... there are things called deadlines. And TSLRP is so far past its deadline I can't imagine there will be much interest in it if this drags on into 2008. I'm just saying...

Just cause it's free doesn't mean we can't talk about it. If they were left to their own, they'd never get it done. At least this way we can encourage them to work harder.

While this may have been awhile, perhaps some of you forget that, the reason that this team is even WORKING on a mod is because OBSIDIAN had a deadline. So stuff it with your deadlines.

I look forward to your mod.

Ok obviously none of you have ever had jobs, or even class assignments... there are things called deadlines. And TSLRP is so far past its deadline I can't imagine there will be much interest in it if this drags on into 2008. I'm just saying...

Just cause it's free doesn't mean we can't talk about it. If they were left to their own, they'd never get it done. At least this way we can encourage them to work harder.

While this may have been awhile, perhaps some of you forget that, the reason that this team is even WORKING on a mod is because OBSIDIAN had a deadline. So stuff it with your deadlines.

I look forward to your mod.

Buddy,that was almost 2 months ago...jeez,no need to bring that crap back up again

OT

Erm..yeah,can't wait for the mod :dancing:

Wikipedia Pulls Team-Gizka From KotOR II Page!

It has come to Wikipedia's attention that the team is not notable, for it lacks off-line publications, its a fan-fiction piece, and it doesn't have any mass-following. According to their research, Team-Gizka is soley a fan-based mod that should not gain any notability. Until they are mentioned in a 'real-world' magazine in a fully dedicated article, not a small portion of an article, the group will not get any more than a slight mention. They even took steps in removing the list of cut-content, for it is considered trivial in nature. Since the content was removed from game, the future of the edited information is unforeseen. Otherwords, the cut content could end up changing in the future. Since the group of modders had to look through game files and stitch together pieces, the actual story-line that was edited remains trivial and unknown. Speculation surrounding the cut content is only speculation. Since Obsidian or Lucas Arts didn't give a full disclosure on the cut-content, we will never truely know how the actual game should have played out.

Interesting thing to note: When some of the team was interviewed, for an online article, they mentioned that neither Obsidian or Lucas Arts is in support of their efforts. Even though they had quietly contacted both the publisher and developer, they didn't receive any feedback by both camps.

Wookiepedia Also Removed Team-Gizka & Cut Content

Wookiepedia has also removed them. Wookiepedia found that the cut-content is not considered canon. Their belief is that: Since it was cut from the game, the events never happened. They also have a similar belief as Wikipedia about the mod team and cut-content.

I thought this information was important for posting, for it does bring up some questions and considerations. Since 'Team-Gizka' is said to be restoring 'cut-content', how do they 100% know that they are getting the story right? How do they know the order of how the dialogue should be played out? Do they even know if their translation of the cut-content is a correct interpretation? If they are making assumptions on how the cut-dialogue lines and events should be played, how does this constitute as a restoration effort.

If 'Team-Gizka' doesn't have all the facts about how the storyline should play out, we are only getting their 'fan' interpretation of elements that are trivial. Fan-Fiction!

Edited by Force Slayer

a025.gif

Sure, this is VERY important...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

How do they 100% know that they are getting the story right?... If 'Team-Gizka' doesn't have all the facts about how the storyline should play out, we are only getting their 'fan' interpretation of elements that are trivial. Fan-Fiction!

We don't. As you stated this project is about "restoring cut content." There are some pieces that were pretty evidently supposed to go in certain places but we've never claimed that we're "restoring" the plot as it was intended. Only Obsidian could do that.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Wikipedia Pulls Team-Gizka From KotOR II Page!

It has come to Wikipedia's attention that the team is not notable, for it lacks off-line publications, its a fan-fiction piece, and it doesn't have any mass-following. According to their research, Team-Gizka is soley a fan-based mod that should not gain any notability. Until they are mentioned in a 'real-world' magazine in a fully dedicated article, not a small portion of an article, the group will not get any more than a slight mention. They even took steps in removing the list of cut-content, for it is considered trivial in nature. Since the content was removed from game, the future of the edited information is unforeseen. Otherwords, the cut content could end up changing in the future. Since the group of modders had to look through game files and stitch together pieces, the actual story-line that was edited remains trivial and unknown. Speculation surrounding the cut content is only speculation. Since Obsidian or Lucas Arts didn't give a full disclosure on the cut-content, we will never truely know how the actual game should have played out.

Interesting thing to note: When some of the team was interviewed, for an online article, they mentioned that neither Obsidian or Lucas Arts is in support of their efforts. Even though they had quietly contacted both the publisher and developer, they didn't receive any feedback by both camps.

Well, obviously what Team Gizka is working on is a fan-based mod! They are clearly fans of the game, working on game content that is not part of the game, which is why it is not cannonical. This is a mod that most casual gamers don't know or care about. The restoration of content, based on game files they found on the Xbox and PC versions of the game also requires some storytelling and creativity on behalf of Team Gizka. So, do you still think that Lucas should consider it cannonical? Furthermore, Obsidian is not being paid by Lucas to further develop the game, so what sort of support, apart from wishing them well, would you expect? Lucas supports the modification of their games, as is evident by their forums, websites and general policies on fan fiction, fan films etc ("do what you want within reason, but don't charge for it"). Perhaps you misread or misunderstood that they are not in support of the mod (meaning they don't like team gizka working on their project(; what they probably said was that obsidian and lucas are not supporting it, in the sense of giving them access to all the tools, models, funds and storybooks they had and that they will not be responsible if the mod fills you pc with trojans and viruses.

Wookiepedia has also removed them. Wookiepedia found that the cut-content is not considered canon. Their belief is that: Since it was cut from the game, the events never happened. They also have a similar belief as Wikipedia about the mod team and cut-content.

I thought this information was important for posting, for it does bring up some questions and considerations. Since 'Team-Gizka' is said to be restoring 'cut-content', how do they 100% know that they are getting the story right? How do they know the order of how the dialogue should be played out? Do they even know if their translation of the cut-content is a correct interpretation? If they are making assumptions on how the cut-dialogue lines and events should be played, how does this constitute as a restoration effort.

If 'Team-Gizka' doesn't have all the facts about how the storyline should play out, we are only getting their 'fan' interpretation of elements that are trivial. Fan-Fiction!

Good observations. Team Gizka does not know how the story was to play out in any of its pre-release forms, therefore it's all based on assumptions and hints. That is also why they are not restoring every single bit of the game they can, because they may not have all the information they need.

My question is why the surprise to all this?

Force Slayer is worst troll ever

Really

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Team Gizka is quite notable among those who play or have played the game. I don't see a problem if Wikipedia or Wookieepedia don't want to give any mention to it. Those aren't reliable sources for information, and their rules about fan made products, especially on Wikipedia, change from time to time mostly depending on the mood of the people who edit those areas.

Force Slayer is worst troll ever

Really

But they are soo cute when they are young, sitting there, all puppy eyed and growling... :wacko:

I wonder if they (Team Gizka) some day would put up a task list on their progress page, not like the old lightsabers, but simply a "to-do" list to save browsing through threads in their forum so see how the real progress is going (not the bug count, but the implementation stuff).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

They did? How very odd...

.........................23...........................any predictions? im thinking early next year

i hope that it will be sooner, but i am patient. i'm messing around oblivion, kotor 2, and dipping my toe into two worlds, and i'll get back to nwn2 when mask of the betrayer comes out.

inq mentioned that blizzard has a 3rd project, evedently called hydra

Okay, okay, okay!

Maybe I'm a little too hard on the lads. If I wasn't very interested in their work, I wouldn't be visiting the thread on a normal basis. :lol:

Yeah. They do have my respect. Remember, both negative and positive attention is good for public relations.

Edited by Force Slayer

just my opinion. it seems like the team is trying to create a perfect pristine mod of kotor2 before releasing it to the public. but i recommend they release the mod with most if not all of the major and minor bugs sqaushed so that the ppl could play it. then we could help the team with any new bugs that we find, and post it on the forum, then later on they could release patches for the mod to the public. i think this is a win/win situation; the community helps the team find bugs while they get to finally play kotor2 the way it was meant to be played.

just my opinion. it seems like the team is trying to create a perfect pristine mod of kotor2 before releasing it to the public. but i recommend they release the mod with most if not all of the major and minor bugs sqaushed so that the ppl could play it. then we could help the team with any new bugs that we find, and post it on the forum, then later on they could release patches for the mod to the public. i think this is a win/win situation; the community helps the team find bugs while they get to finally play kotor2 the way it was meant to be played.

If I may, QFE

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Isn't that exactly what they do?

They take care of the bigger bugs, while things that are only considered features are coming later.

Not to mention that they aren't just fixing bugs right now, they are still restoring content and the translations aren't finished either, so it's not like you would get this mod earlier if they would stop fixing bugs.

I think that unless they release some sort of beta version, they will constantly be finding bugs, minor ones or major ones, tweaks or little things to restore. In the end of the day, some of these bugs may not affect the gameplay dramatically (like a lightsaber going through someone's head during a narrative).

I think that unless they release some sort of beta version, they will constantly be finding bugs, minor ones or major ones, tweaks or little things to restore. In the end of the day, some of these bugs may not affect the gameplay dramatically (like a lightsaber going through someone's head during a narrative).

Major bugs not only affect gameplay, they stop you playing period-thats why they call them major.

There have been times when, according to their bugs page, they have no major bugs (right?) and only trivial, tweaks and minor bugs remaining to be sorted out. By working on some of those smaller bugs, which might be purely aesthetic, they uncover major ones, or they need to rework their work on older major bugs. That's my point, but obviously if the game crashes like a motherphukker like every 5 minutes or whatever, it would need to be addressed.