TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

I hope it will be done before Christmas. Though really I don't mind simply because we are in the work/school season again after all. Well anyways...

Keep up the good work Team Gizka!

PS...

Gizka, I am not asking for an update here but I would at least like to know if progress is still being made or if everyone is too busy at the moment to work.

Of course, we're nowhere near our short term goal in terms of bug count

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I can't wait for the day when the bug count, after going under 5, increases suddenly back to 25.

On that day, there'll be a lot entertaining posts in this thread.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Guest The Architect
I can't wait for the day when the bug count, after going under 5, increases suddenly back to 25.

I can't wait for the day when the bug count, after going under 5, never increases again.

Then when it's done, on that day, I'm going to say in this thread "Somebody didn't get their "a lot of entertaining posts" in this thread. Oh, what a tragedy." :o

Edited by The Architect

I can't wait for the day when the bug count, after going under 5, never increases again.

Then when it's done, on that day, I'm going to say in this thread "Somebody didn't get their "a lot of entertaining posts" in this thread. Oh, what a tragedy." :(

There will be people getting excited, however.

Names, I need not mention.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Regardless about when this is released, I think they will have a small cult following. They have been working on the mod for a good two and a half years, and I can see them working on this in December. Real life comes before hobbies and games. When ever they get finished with the mod, I will be back to see how they did.

Keep in mind that other "KOTOR II" restoration projects have been done. I think there are about four or five of them now. Team-Gizka is not doing anything that has not been done, but they are the only ones that have done extensive research on the cut content.

Keep going people!

Guest The Architect
Regardless about when this is released, I think they will have a small cult following.

And just why do you think that? It's not like everyone has terrible memories, you know. I mean, perhaps you might come up with a statistical argument that supports your claim that there aren't as many people on the TSLRP bandwagon now as there were like, a year ago, and I do think that's the case, but who's to say most of the people who've fallen off the bandwagon aren't going to jump back on come a certain time?

I mean, I guarantee you that many of those people were monitoring the progress of the mod, and they thought to themselves, "Oh, okay. This mod will take some time to come out, so I'll just go off and do this and that and this and that, because, that's simply the way of life, and if I take my mind off it with lots of real life, including hobby life distractions and stuff, time will fly by, and after a certain amount of time has passed, I'll check how the mod's going."

Besides, I would find it odd if the impatient individual {and I'd say the impatient ones would be the stereotypical internet geek types who'd learn one way or another from their geek sources that the mod has been completed} who jumped off the TSLRP bandwagon because to them, it was taking forever to come out, and they could no longer control their nerd rage, so it became a problem, wouldn't jump back on the bandwagon the minute they found out TSLRP mod has been completed.

Heck, you said it yourself.

Real life comes before hobbies and games. When ever they get finished with the mod, I will be back to see how they did.

Keep in mind that other "KOTOR II" restoration projects have been done. I think there are about four or five of them now. Team-Gizka is not doing anything that has not been done, but they are the only ones that have done extensive research on the cut content.

Keep going people!

If that were the case, then tell me why this mod, above all other TSL mods {I say that because I haven't heard jack **** about these other TSL mods} has a higher interest level base from the fans and is more well known than these other mods?

Edited by The Architect

Well, looks like they are inviting a few lucky bastards to have some fun before others.

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?t=2670

Like a movie screener :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Including the jump back to around 27 up and crawl back down a total of 21... 7-8 problems have been fixed in the early-mid part of this month. Assuming all things go well that would put the release date in what... Mid to late November?

Edited by FoxURA

I'm not holding my breath :ermm:

I am not holding my breath either. I would be lying, if I said I didn't feel envy though. I would prefer to play the mod sooner rather than later.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Including the jump back to around 27 up and crawl back down a total of 21... 7-8 problems have been fixed in the early-mid part of this month. Assuming all things go well that would put the release date in what... Mid to late November?

In this case, call it a Christmas release date

DAWUSS

Regardless about when this is released, I think they will have a small cult following.

And just why do you think that? It's not like everyone has terrible memories, you know. I mean, perhaps you might come up with a statistical argument that supports your claim that there aren't as many people on the TSLRP bandwagon now as there were like, a year ago, and I do think that's the case, but who's to say most of the people who've fallen off the bandwagon aren't going to jump back on come a certain time?

I mean, I guarantee you that many of those people were monitoring the progress of the mod, and they thought to themselves, "Oh, okay. This mod will take some time to come out, so I'll just go off and do this and that and this and that, because, that's simply the way of life, and if I take my mind off it with lots of real life, including hobby life distractions and stuff, time will fly by, and after a certain amount of time has passed, I'll check how the mod's going."

Besides, I would find it odd if the impatient individual {and I'd say the impatient ones would be the stereotypical internet geek types who'd learn one way or another from their geek sources that the mod has been completed} who jumped off the TSLRP bandwagon because to them, it was taking forever to come out, and they could no longer control their nerd rage, so it became a problem, wouldn't jump back on the bandwagon the minute they found out TSLRP mod has been completed.

Heck, you said it yourself.

Real life comes before hobbies and games. When ever they get finished with the mod, I will be back to see how they did.

Keep going people!

If that were the case, then tell me why this mod, above all other TSL mods {I say that because I haven't heard jack **** about these other TSL mods} has a higher interest level base from the fans and is more well known than these other mods?

Very well. I'm going to keep my thoughts about your final question to myself. Sounds like you have an answer for everything else.

Very well. I'm going to keep my thoughts about your final question to myself. Sounds like you have an answer for everything else.

Pay no heed to him mate :p he's just so bored these days because he has nobody to argue with :p

a little flame here and there is always good o:)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?