TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Yeah, and if Lucas had all the monies in the world, we'd get teh best Star Wars evarrr!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

But technically 13 are features, so in a way isn't it 8, because it will be publically released when all non-feature things are implemented? :D

Although, even though the numbers are low, as they say it doesn't indicate when it will be released as won't people be playing the game through to check for any glitches and if they find any... :p

But still, excitement :):thumbsup:

Edited by Kahiara

Q: Are you working on the Droid Planet?

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

Note the words ....game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment. *at the moment* leaving a little hint open that it is not impossible :thumbsup:

Sure, if they're given (or acquire) the source code, tools and funding that obsidian had at their disposal, it might be possible to implement all that too...

Given how long it has taken them to restore the content that was cut but still there I really can't see them trying to add the droid planet.

Q: Are you working on the Droid Planet?

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

Note the words ....game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment. *at the moment* leaving a little hint open that it is not impossible :ermm:

Sure, if they're given (or acquire) the source code, tools and funding that obsidian had at their disposal, it might be possible to implement all that too...

Given how long it has taken them to restore the content that was cut but still there I really can't see them trying to add the droid planet.

I think there is a hint it is not impossible, but I don't think it would be very probable or accessible. Didn't another group work on it though and get relatively far? I think they stopped though. It's crazy how much was cut. I hope KOTOR3 has nothing cut or unfinished.

I think there is a hint it is not impossible, but I don't think it would be very probable or accessible. Didn't another group work on it though and get relatively far? I think they stopped though. It's crazy how much was cut. I hope KOTOR3 has nothing cut or unfinished.

They didn't get actually very far. As far as I know the project halted at 15% or somesuch, or so I heard :p

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

They didn't get actually very far. As far as I know the project halted at 15% or somesuch, or so I heard :p

One of the members of that team came on here and gave a breakdown on the reasons that project fell apart, the thread is somewhere on the board. The upshot was that there was very little information on the droid planet, just a general overview with very little work having been done on it-it could be one of the reasons LA didn't want to wait for the developers to finish before bringing the game out. The amount of work needed to put this part of the game back in is at least equal to what TSLRP has needed, if not greater, so I really can't see Team Giza wanting to spend another few years working on another KOTOR add-on.

IIRC there was so little there you'd have to make up a significant portion just to have enjoyable content...

But hey, as TSLRP "continues their work", I'm watching the Star Wars beauty contest get underway

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

but remember, obsidian could have finished the droid planet in about 3 months since they are a Company that have alot of ppl working on it

They would also have access to, and the funds to hire, the actors who were providing the voices as well as the ability to record new diolog (There is very little diolog recorded of the droid planet). Something that no modders will have.

but remember, obsidian could have finished the droid planet in about 3 months since they are a Company that have alot of ppl working on it

Droid planet was dropped very early on in developement since they quickly figured out they didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The droid planet could still be do-able, but you'd probably have to transfer any currently VO'd character's lines (ie, Atton, HK-47, Lieutenant Grenn) either to aliens and beeping droids, or newly created characters with amateur VOs

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

The droid planet could still be do-able, but you'd probably have to transfer any currently VO'd character's lines (ie, Atton, HK-47, Lieutenant Grenn) either to aliens and beeping droids, or newly created characters with amateur VOs

Amateur VOs, where do I sign up? :)

(joke :p)

Edited by Kahiara

Ive been away for a week.

Any significant progress?

nowhere near excitement levels :x

DAWUSS

XD

Jeez this project is killing some of us for sure...

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

From their project forum:

[PR] - Possible Restoration

[TBR - Member] - To Be Restored by Member

Ebon Hawk

[TBR - TA] Ratrin Vek on the Ebon Hawk - During the Red Eclipse invasion, the PC can sell Ratrin Vek into slavery.

[TBR - JD] Visas and Handmaiden go at each other. In vishand in 003 the audio makes an obvious change to a "winded" sound for both Visas and the Handmaiden as if they have just exchanged blows. The dialog itself supports this theory.

Dantooine

[PR] Disciples Hidden Holocron - Disciple takes the Exile into a hidden, locked room in the Enclave and displays a holocron as well as recording of when the Exile left for the Mandalorian Wars, leaving a padawan without a master behind.

Nar Shaddaa

[TBR - Dash] The Zhug Brothers Chase - When the players go to rescue the Exile from Goto, the leader tells the others to follow the Ebon Hawk.

Onderron

[TBR - JD] The Sith Revelation - If the PC sides with Vaklu, the Sith will notice that the beasts no longer obey them. The Sith order Vaklus death for the betrayal.

Once these are done, I'll start getting truly excited about the bug count. Until then, it is just a fun way of passing time :rolleyes:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'll get excited when the actual build changes from 0.8b3 to something higher.

Its up to 0.8b4, does that make you happier?

Not if you changed it because I said so. It might be an arbitrary way of counting down to the public release, but it's probably more of an indication than the bug-counter as to what progress is being done.