TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Yeah, those sure were the days. There's not many around who can remember that far back though, so us veterans have to cherish what we have. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

*puff*

Indeed old bean

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

*pooff*

Quite.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I just checked TG's website and when I clicked on progress, I can see the list of all the Progress reports, but no buglist? Wth? The bugs are finally gone?

something tells me that that will never truly be so. Bugs will always be around....*squishes one under his heel* :lol:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

That's strange. The bug list has been removed and the mantis-repository is empty as well. Did something happen?

Oh, the forum is temporary gone as well. Seems like that they are changing/updating their servers.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That's strange. The bug list has been removed and the mantis-repository is empty as well. Did something happen?

Oh, the forum is temporary gone as well. Seems like that they are changing/updating their servers.

Would be very good if we saw some (positive) major changes. The whole bugfixing thing has probably droven some fans mad...just take a look at Sturm and Xard...poor bastards :lol:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Do you think that they are going to restore the droid planet in this?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

no they say they wouldn't do it...

Edited by Enha_Dyone

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought they'd did it on purpose so people would quit couting down and then back up... I mean, come on, we already know what's going to happen when we start reaching the middle of the single digit bug count :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Do you think that they are going to restore the droid planet in this?

If you read the very first post in this thread you'll see this;

Q: Are you working on the Droid Planet?

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

I thought they'd did it on purpose so people would quit couting down and then back up... I mean, come on, we already know what's going to happen when we start reaching the middle of the single digit bug count :ermm:

So you're saying they are doing this to save us from an "excited" Sturm? :ermm:

Man, I sure do hate Lucasarts. This is the thread where we bash Lucasarts, right?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Sorry Lou,

kirottu said:

I officially love these people restoring a lot of the cut content. I think Lucas Arts or someone should recognise what they're doing as their fixing their mistakes.

And about the bug count going :brows: I know it going down doesn't mean it was a countdown to release but it meant we were on the path to it *suspense at not knowing*.

Gah, stupid people releasing the game early.

Just a thought (and one that will probably be slammed...):

If it's taken Gizka this long to restore this stuff - and no offence to TG, they're doing a fantastic job - how long would it have actually taken Obsidian to finish if LA hadn't placed the curfew?

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Just a thought (and one that will probably be slammed...):

If it's taken Gizka this long to restore this stuff - and no offence to TG, they're doing a fantastic job - how long would it have actually taken Obsidian to finish if LA hadn't placed the curfew?

With the source code, planning materials, and full time employees?

Not nearly as long as its taken Gizka. Rough uneducated guess to be about 1/3rd of the time.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So much for safety in numbers. Without numbers we are nothing :(

We must seek strength in numbers!

Reminds me of an encounter in the Buried Village under Ragpickers Square.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

Note the words ....game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment. *at the moment* leaving a little hint open that it is not impossible :(

Note the words ....game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment. *at the moment* leaving a little hint open that it is not impossible :(

Sure, if they're given (or acquire) the source code, tools and funding that obsidian had at their disposal, it might be possible to implement all that too...