TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

stupid edit button....

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We're aiming higher, folks! It's 28 now! The sky is the limit!

(They're really working at it now, don't they?)

14 of the 28 are "features" and I quote "1.0c1 - All non-Feature severity issues resolved. (Public release)"

So only 14 till release :thumbsup:

14 of the 28 are "features" and I quote "1.0c1 - All non-Feature severity issues resolved. (Public release)"

Yeah, but we had been down at 6 till release last week. :sad:

EDIT: 29 now...

Edited by Deraldin

As I understand it, the bug count is not an accurate way to count down to release, as they have more work to do than to just squish bugs. They still have some content to restore, translations to do, and with those there will likely be more bugs. From what I read on the Gizka forums it seems almost positive that there still months, not weeks, to release, and that it is not out of the question for the mod to be released in 2008 and not in 2007.

So don't take the bug counter as a sign of being close to release. That counter will likely have many more upward and downward fluctuations as the weeks go on.

I would not start getting excited yet, at least until we hear that all content has been implemented.

http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?t=2383 - a list of things that have, have yet to be, and won't be restored.

Reading through the bug-reports at mantis, one quickly notices about one third of all issues goes like this: "This shouldn't have happened, module x doesn't load and conversation y fails to initiate" and the answer is "What? not in my game. I've tried it several times, but the bug doesn't seem to appear for me"

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

That makes sense though, doesn't it? Bugs that are easy to replicate are easier to find - it's the ones that depend on a random combination of factors that are hardest to find and fix.

No, they've said it's not a countdown to release. However, changes in the numbers (both increases and decreases) are indications of progress being made.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Sigh - those of us with just the XBOX version can't help but feel stink that we are never going to actually get this extra content :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Oky, lets look at this logically. They have been working on this mod for aproximately two and a half years. They have been interviewed by online game sites on two occassions. They have a website and three threads for progress. They have listened to all of our praise and bashing. (Truthfully, I wouldn't praise them for anything until I played the mod.) The team hasn't released a single version, for they are concentrating on the bugs and glitches. We have seen progress reports after progress reports. Someone updated their W.I.P. thread with,
"After 1.0b1 is released, testers, modders and the translators will make runs looking for bugs. Once that round of non-Feature severity issues are resolved, public release will occur. Note that, as per the above plan and notes, the remaining bug count should NOT be taken as a countdown to release."
"Knights of the Old Republic" fans have been waiting both patient and impatiantly on this project, and they keep jumping the bugs report up and down.

I guess my questions are:

1. If we cannot use their progress report as a countdown to release, why the hell should anyone wait around for water to boil?

2. Why do we owe them praise of thanks when they haven't released any other story mods, which we can use to measure the type of success this group has had or not?

3. Does anyone besides me think this whole project is one big laughable con? I mean seriously, who in their right mind would waste 2.5 years on a game mod, which doesn't contribute to anything in the real world? If someone came up to me and said, "I spent 2.5 years on the development of a game mod." I would say, "Since you spent so much time on a game and nothing serious, why the hell should I hire you for my company?" What a big waste of time.

1. valid statement

2. see Steve's post

3. It could be considered as r

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Guest The Architect
Sigh - those of us with just the XBOX version can't help but feel stink that we are never going to actually get this extra content :grin:

Umm.. you could just buy the PC version of TSL you know, like I'm planning to do soon.

Sigh - those of us with just the XBOX version can't help but feel stink that we are never going to actually get this extra content :grin:

Umm.. you could just buy the PC version of TSL you know, like I'm planning to do soon.

That's just crazy enough to work! :)

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

That is assuming that one has a PC good enough to run it.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Does anyone besides me think this whole project is one big laughable con?

The short answer is no, you are the sole proprietor of the "modders-are-con-men" theory. As I said before, in a topic that is now locked, you are simply a noob asshat who wants us all to damn Team Ginza to hell for your own, unknown, reasons. You claim to be a fan of Kot0R II, yet you seem to have an irrational anger, or, possibly, a fear, at the prospect of people restoring content that was designed by Obsidian to be included in the final release. Until you can logically explain what doomsday scenario will arise, I will continue to believe that you are full of "guano." :unsure:

Maybe some kind of Freudian envy? :p

*shrugs* :lol:

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

That is assuming that one has a PC good enough to run it.

Which I don't think mine is :x

My computer is poo...can barely run NWN

Guest The Architect

Off topic: Rycal's sig has a quote of mine in it. Cool. I feel privileged.

On topic... well sorta... well no, not really: Gees, if you couldn't run TSL {a game that came out in Dec 04.. well duh, we all here know that}, on your PC, then ****, you need a new PC!

On topic: {Sings} Let's go Gizka let's go! Let's go Gizka let's go! Uh, gizka as in Team Gizka, not those stupid little brown hippie things. Yeah I'll stop singing. Well technically I'm not singning.

^ It's the alcomahol, folks. My bad.

Off topic: Rycal's sig has a quote of mine in it. Cool. I feel privileged.

Don't feel mate. I just found it too bloody hilarious to be ignored :lol: Good to see you around agin Arch, haven't seen you here in a while. (Could be that I haven't spent too much time here either, time to make up for lost time now however... hehe)

down to 23 bugs.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?