TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Look on the bright side. If the numbers change, any which way, it means people are working on the project >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

the way i see it this is no where near "almost finished", some of us in 2005 thought the project would actually be finished the same year of 2005, i cant imagine our faces if we knew (in 2005) that this project was still not released in late 2007

The DarkSide Clouds Everything

*thread pruned*

Please feel free to start a topic on the World Wars and their various fronts over in the Way-Off Topic forum.

Let's get back to some on-topic blind panic about the sudden increase in bugs, eh?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I dunno, I think Kaiser Wilhem II was to the enemies what Team Gizka is to the fanboys, brilliant yet fighting a losing battle. :)

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It was quite hard playing the total pacifist on the first run through.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

jeez 25 it hurts...we were back to 18! why life is so crual? why??? :thumbsup:

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bugs obviously decided to call in backup.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oky, lets look at this logically. They have been working on this mod for aproximately two and a half years. They have been interviewed by online game sites on two occassions. They have a website and three threads for progress. They have listened to all of our praise and bashing. (Truthfully, I wouldn't praise them for anything until I played the mod.) The team hasn't released a single version, for they are concentrating on the bugs and glitches. We have seen progress reports after progress reports. Someone updated their W.I.P. thread with,

"After 1.0b1 is released, testers, modders and the translators will make runs looking for bugs. Once that round of non-Feature severity issues are resolved, public release will occur. Note that, as per the above plan and notes, the remaining bug count should NOT be taken as a countdown to release."
"Knights of the Old Republic" fans have been waiting both patient and impatiantly on this project, and they keep jumping the bugs report up and down.

I guess my questions are:

1. If we cannot use their progress report as a countdown to release, why the hell should anyone wait around for water to boil?

2. Why do we owe them praise of thanks when they haven't released any other story mods, which we can use to measure the type of success this group has had or not?

3. Does anyone besides me think this whole project is one big laughable con? I mean seriously, who in their right mind would waste 2.5 years on a game mod, which doesn't contribute to anything in the real world? If someone came up to me and said, "I spent 2.5 years on the development of a game mod." I would say, "Since you spent so much time on a game and nothing serious, why the hell should I hire you for my company?" What a big waste of time.

Edited by Force Slayer

1. If we cannot use their progress report as a countdown to release, why the hell should anyone wait around for water to boil?

2. Why do we owe them praise of thanks when they haven't released any other story mods, which we can use to measure the type of success this group has had or not?

3. Does anyone besides me think this whole project is one big laughable con? I mean seriously, who in their right mind would waste 2.5 years on a game mod, which doesn't contribute to anything in the real world? If someone came up to me and said, "I spent 2.5 years on the development of a game mod." I would say, "Since you spent so much time on a game and nothing serious, why the hell should I hire you for my company?" What a big waste of time.

Just some quick answers to your questions.

1. Contrary to popular belief, most of us aren't obsessively checking the site and counting down the days. It may seem like it in this thread, but really, it's just an excuse to spam.

2. We don't owe them anything, nor do they owe us anything. However when working on something like this project is is nice to know that are people out there that are still waiting for it after 2.5 years. Does it bother you that some people might wish to thank the group for tackling this project?

3. Someone who enjoys creating mods? They aren't doing this to get paid, so if they didn't enjoy what they were doing, then they wouldn't be doing it.

Edited by Deraldin

Oky, lets look at this logically. They have been working on this mod for aproximately two and a half years. They have been interviewed by online game sites on two occassions. They have a website and three threads for progress. They have listened to all of our praise and bashing. (Truthfully, I wouldn't praise them for anything until I played the mod.) The team hasn't released a single version, for they are concentrating on the bugs and glitches. We have seen progress reports after progress reports. Someone updated their W.I.P. thread with,
"After 1.0b1 is released, testers, modders and the translators will make runs looking for bugs. Once that round of non-Feature severity issues are resolved, public release will occur. Note that, as per the above plan and notes, the remaining bug count should NOT be taken as a countdown to release."
"Knights of the Old Republic" fans have been waiting both patient and impatiantly on this project, and they keep jumping the bugs report up and down.

I guess my questions are:

1. Blah Blah Blah

2. blah blah blah

I dont think i would call this thinking logically. Your trying to be skeptic but its coming out Cynical. I can't believe i read your post, What a big waste of time.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Does anyone besides me think this whole project is one big laughable con?

The short answer is no, you are the sole proprietor of the "modders-are-con-men" theory. As I said before, in a topic that is now locked, you are simply a noob asshat who wants us all to damn Team Ginza to hell for your own, unknown, reasons. You claim to be a fan of Kot0R II, yet you seem to have an irrational anger, or, possibly, a fear, at the prospect of people restoring content that was designed by Obsidian to be included in the final release. Until you can logically explain what doomsday scenario will arise, I will continue to believe that you are full of "guano." :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Does anyone besides me think this whole project is one big laughable con?

The short answer is no, you are the sole proprietor of the "modders-are-con-men" theory. As I said before, in a topic that is now locked, you are simply a noob asshat who wants us all to damn Team Ginza to hell for your own, unknown, reasons. You claim to be a fan of Kot0R II, yet you seem to have an irrational anger, or, possibly, a fear, at the prospect of people restoring content that was designed by Obsidian to be included in the final release. Until you can logically explain what doomsday scenario will arise, I will continue to believe that you are full of "guano." :ermm:

Maybe some kind of Freudian envy? :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Force Slayer = Antilulz

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guys, guys, listen! We're up to 26 now! I repeat, we're up to 26 issues left. Not down, UP! o:)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

We're aiming higher, folks! It's 28 now! The sky is the limit!

(They're really working at it now, don't they?)

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

You shouldn't if you don't want to.

You can't. You can only rely on our word.

You'd be surprised of who would. But really. As been said before, the team doesn't have to give anything. They don't need fan support. It's being done because they want to. Not because everyone else does. If suddenly the world turned a blind eye towards the project, it wouldn't do anything to break the mod in the slightest.