TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

You tended to die a lot in Fallout 2, but, just like Deraldin wrote, it wasn't due to combat complexity or challenging enemies, but chance. You could even save during every turn and play for critical hits and critical enemy misses if you wanted. It wasn't possible in the BGs. There, the only minus was overbuffing, every combat was easy if you just prepared long enough. On the other hand this was just how it was supposed to be in a crpg, but on one hand every major battle was simply a case of using every stacking and non-stacking buff spell and ability in your hands and then destroing enemy abjurations layer by layer and beating them to death. Not exactly tactical or hard, but better than waiting for a critical hit, brrrr... *remembers Wadamingo mines*

Most difficult combat(in a crpg) so far has been IWD 2 with it's clever enemy placement and challenging enemy enviroment use and Arcanum for overwhelming masses of summonables and different combat system. Let's not even go to console rpgs, I don't want to remember Final Fantasy Tacti...aaarhggghh!!!1...or Tales of Phanta...mffff *whimper*

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

In the unmodified game, isn't Consular by far the easiest class to play with? You have the fighting skills of a Guardian and can spam force powers almost unlimited. I really liked the rebalance mod from Team Gizka. No more just walking through Peragus hacking and slashing your way unchallenged (because, you could hardly hit a locker with a sword).

They the best finish class of the once ive played Consular/sith lord at least, since they the ones with the best combat powers in force form and not light saber melee, if you built a consular/sith lord right he can force hit with lightning and kill most everyone in a 2 shot bust, and if you facing heavy forces a the tier 3 fear one can stun them and allow you 2-3 force burst to kill them, for bosses a simple force crush or the sith lord one cant remember its name spam and everything is easy kill only real annoying part thou is the multi lightsaber floating parts since they are fairly resistant to force powers and need a bit of chopping.

Well to be fair consular/sith lord shine most in multi combat situations where gaurdian/weapon master or whatever it was called shine best in heads up fights 1vs1

They're up to build 0.8b3 now, but still at 19 issues. Invisible build-alternation ftw!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

They're up to build 0.8b3 now, but still at 19 issues. Invisible build-alternation ftw!

I don't think the translation work is included in the list if issues, given that the translators have only been on board for something like two weeks this build increase seems to show that things are progressing rapidly at least in some areas.

I am, against my will, starting to lose hope about all this... :sad:

Just remember your signature :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

*gets out a waterhose*

I always come prepared... to ruin someone's fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

And if we get back to the topic :grin:

We're back up on 18 (I must have missed the 17 bugs left thing :o )

ah no matter, hopefully this will be ready by this autumn's end. Let's just hope that TG can keep the good progress up, even if it's harder when vacation's over.

Edited by Rycal

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

*sirens sound*

We have another bug. It's classified as a major. I repeat we have another major bug...

The Atris-bug has re-surfaced! Quickly! We have to warn the villagers! RUN! RUN! :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

There are no bugs. There are only opportunities and features.

Plus the mod has to have some bugs in it, otherwise it won't install itself into Kotor2 properly (sort of like a donated organ being rejected by the body).

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

There are no bugs. There are only opportunities and features.

Plus the mod has to have some bugs in it, otherwise it won't install itself into Kotor2 properly (sort of like a donated organ being rejected by the body).

Haha, that was the best thing I've heard in months ;)

Major bug? huh? Seems pretty gone to me.

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

Major bug? huh? Seems pretty gone to me.

We seem to have an extra tweak now instead. :)

She-nan-igans

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."