TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

*Thread Pruned*

That was a bit confusing, and I think best forgotten.

Getting back to the Restoration Project, I see they've put in brackets on the Progress Reports page that the public release does not depend on fixing all the features. So I guess there are only really 8 issues to go. :bat:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Part 1

Part 2

The old topic was bigger than a rancor and just as deadly - don't ask me how, I'm not a scientist. Here's a new one, complete with questions so that ya'll don't need to ask them daily just in case the answer has changed.

Look, it's our website!

Much is repeated from our official FAQ.

Q: Do I have to read this thread's FAQ before posting? Because I'm sure I can post something that isn't covered in it.

A: Yes.

Q: When will this mod be done?

A: We don't have a projected time of completion yet. However, rest assured that we will keep you updated on our progress. You can check our Work In Progress page for details on what we're currently up to. What we're up to, module-related. We're not giving details on what we do every single hour of the day, and seriously, quit talking about your pet moths, it's creepy.

Q: I see a build version listed on the website. Where can I download it?

A: We haven't released a public version of the mod yet. This number serves to help track our progress - we have one beta tester who is working with us right now. The downloadable version will be announced when finished.

Q: Will you add ____ ?!

A: Our focus is on restoring the missing content that Obsidian Entertainment originally intended for the game. We will add content as we see necessary to make the plot work, but we are not adding random new sub-plots.

We will be revealing more details about our restoration efforts in future progress reports, but if you would like to know whether or not we already have plans to work on a specific restoration, feel free to ask us in our forums.

Q: Yeah, but will you add difficulty tweaks? Or new items?

A: No.

Looks like a 5 year project. How in their right mind will still be interested at that time?

Q: Are you fixing game bugs?

A: We have found and fixed a few dialogue and scripting related bugs. Check it out. The "tweaks" will not be included in the mod, but the bug fixes will.

Q: Will your mod work with existing savegames?

A: Probably. We recommend starting over totally or, at the latest, before leaving Peragus just to avoid any potential weirdness. Even if your saved game from later doesn't end up buggy, you're going to miss additional content - the earliest of it appears quite soon after Peragus explodes.

Really, just start over. Maybe we put in an easter egg with Sion playing with kittens and you'll never see it if you don't start a new game.

Q: I have the XBox version of the game and a (legally) modded XBox - will your mod work on it?

A: At this point we're unsure. There are reports that new model files (.mdl's) - which the mod will likely contain - do not work on the XBox. After our work is completed we may look into creating a more fully compatible version for the XBox.

Q: Are you working on the Droid Planet?

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

Oh, but hey, you might want to check out the group that IS working on M4-78.

Q: How can I help? Can I join the team?

A: At this time, we don't need any additional help. If we have any future needs, we'll make an announcement. Thanks for the interest. But seriously, moths.

Q: Pleaaaaaaaaase can I help?

A: Okay, okay. We're looking for beta testers. Check out the long list of requirements here. In short:

BE: Literate. Articulate. Able to take screenshots. Uh... having lots of free time.

DON'T BE: A jerk.

Q: I feel like bashing LucasArts. This is the right thread for it, right?

A: No.

Q: I'm looking forward to your mod still.

A: Thanks!

This looks like a 5 year project. Who in their right mind would still be interested after all that time?

Edited by Mklangelo

:)
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Does this mean the robot factory plot will finally be added, the hidden HK factory?

Yes. And add a couple more quests on Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa, some other character-specified quests, small extras for the Ebon Hawk (characters meditating, playing pazaak, and so on) and an extended ending.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This looks like a 5 year project. Who in their right mind would still be interested after all that time?

I am. Do you need a hug? you seem awfully negative.

Send me a supermodel

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Send me a supermodel

If your still thinking about this game at the end of 5 years, who is it that needs the hug? I'm going to finish it in a day or so, take it off my computer and promptly forget about it. As it should be. It is a great game, I really like the combat system and the characters and the story are pretty interesting but come on, 5 years?

I prefer not to spend $40-60 on games that I play once then promptly forget about.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Send me a supermodel

If your still thinking about this game at the end of 5 years, who is it that needs the hug? I'm going to finish it in a day or so, take it off my computer and promptly forget about it. As it should be. It is a great game, I really like the combat system and the characters and the story are pretty interesting but come on, 5 years?

I find some games to be more than just a game. Games can also be a form of art, when this happens i like to experience it over and over again. Going over the game with a fine comb to savor it. Do you buy a CD to listen to it once then put it back on the shelf? Our opinions are just that, opinions. I personally wouldn't discourage someone from their artwork, art can create meaning for people, and that can bring happiness and tranquility to their lives, while creating the same for those who are playing their products. I don't care how many times i look at Mount Rushmore, its still great.

A toast for the modders and game developers for making this world a funner place!

beer_toast(1).jpg

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Send me a supermodel

I didn't spend 40 or 50 dollars on it, after all, the game is a few years old. I spent very little, if anything. And I can say that I got a good 40 hours of entertainment from it. Much much more than I usually get from spending a similar amount on other entertainments. For instance, I spent 7.50 to see the Star Wars movie with Jar Jar Binks in it. I forget the title but it was the first one with him in it. I walked out of the theater after 30 minutes. It was an overproduced piece of crap.

I'm going to finish it in a day or so, take it off my computer and promptly forget about it.

You're describing a console game there. Play once and throw it away.

PC games are for more better and have more life than playing it once and then forgetting it. There is plenty more life in K2. Play different classes, different alignments, mods of all sorts and soon to be restoration mod.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Even without mods, I've still managed to play KOTOR2 through a good half-dozen times before moving on to other games (and having my game time severely reduced - read: got married...).

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

I'm going to finish it in a day or so, take it off my computer and promptly forget about it.

You're describing a console game there. Play once and throw it away.

PC games are for more better and have more life than playing it once and then forgetting it. There is plenty more life in K2. Play different classes, different alignments, mods of all sorts and soon to be restoration mod.

You do have a point there. I did read that Consular is the most difficult class to play. That is the class I beat the game on...

In the unmodified game, isn't Consular by far the easiest class to play with? You have the fighting skills of a Guardian and can spam force powers almost unlimited. I really liked the rebalance mod from Team Gizka. No more just walking through Peragus hacking and slashing your way unchallenged (because, you could hardly hit a locker with a sword).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I always found Consular to be the easiest. The ability to spam force powers to nearly destroy the enemies in one (and occasionally two) shots for everything you encounter does make things a tad easy. About the only difficulty I ever had was getting my party member's out of trouble.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I understood that the game was easier than K1 and K1 was godawfully simple when it came to battles. Only thing that could be considered "decently challenging" was fighting Bendak Starkiller on level 2 as a Consular and the crass amount of droids in Starforge(if you actually fought them instead of running like a crazed maniac).

Edit: This is coming from a person who has played games since -93 though. I don't pretend to be a veteran or anything, but after nearly a decade of roleplaying games, KotOR was pretty easy as it had the same combat concepts and I knew how to excel in them. In comparison, IWD 2 was crazily hard. BG was insane, even after you realised the bow strategy.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There hasn't been a truly challenging CRPG since Fallout 2.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Fallout 2 was quite easy by my standards.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: