TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

A rare thing to happen at a forum. Someone admits that they have acted in error, which takes more strength of ones character than to counter-attack with ad hominems. Welcome and enjoy the wait with the rest of us. Atleast we're better off than the forum-peeps at 3DRealms. Some have registered 1999 and are still waiting :lol:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would just like to register my shock and amazement, as well as add my unreserved congratulations to the Chancellor ... it's not often I'm surprised, and even less so because of how well a person behaves ..!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

*applaudes*

Nice.

And now back to waiting.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Someone just needs to start another Bastila thread and everything will go back to normal

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

dang, it's 19 now. in any case, i'm sure the wait will be worth it, as far as I can tell from the video previews etc...

to the people who are about to post negative comments about the progress, please don't bother. I'm sure EVERYONE here has been frustrated over this at one point or another, so what's the point in flaming? If anything, I'm sure team gizka are sick and tired of the negative criticism and unless anyone who has any real skills at modding, I suggest you shut down, sit back and stay put. Or whatever that line is that the HK droid drops on Peragus.

I suggest you shut down, sit back and stay put. Or whatever that line is that the HK droid drops on Peragus.

</amen> :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?

dang, it's 19 now. in any case, i'm sure the wait will be worth it, as far as I can tell from the video previews etc...

to the people who are about to post negative comments about the progress, please don't bother. I'm sure EVERYONE here has been frustrated over this at one point or another, so what's the point in flaming? If anything, I'm sure team gizka are sick and tired of the negative criticism

I doubt they even hear it, much less care about it.

and unless anyone who has any real skills at modding, I suggest you shut down, sit back and stay put. Or whatever that line is that the HK droid drops on Peragus.

George Bush says hello.

And it's "Shut down, stay put, and wait for rescue." :)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Someone just needs to start another Bastila thread and everything will go back to normal

WHERE'S BASTILA SKYWALKER WHEN WE NEED HER?!?!?!?!?

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Here is how I am handling the wait.

Finished

KOTOR

BG

Currently playing

BG2

PS:T - Have never finished (Might never have played this had the Restoration Project been completed)

Up next (Games I never finished)

Fallout

Fallout 2

TOEE

POR 2 (Hopefully I won't have to play this)

Repeat after me - Patience is a virtue, Good things come to those who wait............

Edited by Kelverin

Ok obviously none of you have ever had jobs, or even class assignments... there are things called deadlines. And TSLRP is so far past its deadline I can't imagine there will be much interest in it if this drags on into 2008. I'm just saying...

Just cause it's free doesn't mean we can't talk about it. If they were left to their own, they'd never get it done. At least this way we can encourage them to work harder.

Reading comprehension -50? It's not a paid job or making the grade. It's something done for free on one's FREE time. :)

From someone who understands modding, I'll say this. Modding by itself takes a while to do. Mods that involve fixes, and restoring cut content take even longer. Plus factor in real life commitments, doing this on your free time and not getting paid for it, dealing with other team members who may not be as involved as they should be, fixing one problem that leads to three other problems, it looks like a very long process.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Ok obviously none of you have ever had jobs, or even class assignments... there are things called deadlines. And TSLRP is so far past its deadline I can't imagine there will be much interest in it if this drags on into 2008. I'm just saying...

Just cause it's free doesn't mean we can't talk about it. If they were left to their own, they'd never get it done. At least this way we can encourage them to work harder.

Reading comprehension -50? It's not a paid job or making the grade. It's something done for free on one's FREE time. :)

:) Well at least you acknowledge you're beating a dead horse. This debate ended a few pages ago chief.

Here is how I am handling the wait.

Up next (Games I never finished)

POR 2 (Hopefully I won't have to play this)

Oh gawd no! The the love of all that is good and right in this world, please Team-Gizka, hurry up and finish the mod! :o

:ermm: Well at least you acknowledge you're beating a dead horse. This debate ended a few pages ago chief.

Meh, it's only Dark Raven. Don't worry about it. :thumbsup:

What's this Bastilla Skywalker.. thingy :thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

hmmm haven't seen her around in a while...

everyone seems to be leaving to partake in this strange new thing known as "life" :)

and Chancellor, i'd just like to add my amazement. it's not often you see someone on the internet admit their faults. it's quite a pleasant surprise :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Hey I do that all the time!

Not.

Oh, her. I have few hazy memories of her. Just what exactly was she like? :bat:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I am sure we can get back on topic. Any inquiries regarding members can be done via PM.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

...we sure can.

Shamelessly quoted from Team Gizkas forums:

To be fair the initial build plan wasn't that great because it forced us to fix bugs alongside implementing content. Really content should be implemented before the final round of bug-fixing goes through. Though what it did do is force us to reduce the bug count substantially in the existing code-base.

We also didn't have a very good comprehensive list of stuff to restore until Wild compiled his. When he put it together we noticed that there were a couple of things that kind of got lost in the fray. That was sort of the point we decided that we needed to put restoring content ahead of fixing bugs in terms of build ordering. Though that might not have happened without the bug purge that happened under v1.

So, they apparantly put a lot of effort into reducing the number of current bugs before concentrating on the remaining missing content.

I wouldn't worry too much if the issues list remains constant or even increasing a bit over the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein