TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline, READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING.

Well I'll tell you this much. If they take any longer I'm gonna say screw it and not bother with it when it finally comes out... in 2014. There are plenty of competent modders out there, look how many other mods have already been made. I dunno why they're taking forever but its getting annoying.

They're just putting the stuff that wasn't used back in the game. How hard could that be? Weren't they supposed to be finished LAST summer? I mean really, this is getting ridiculous. Clearly Team Gizka's development team is either lying or incompetent...

Ahh, another narcissistic n00blet who knows nothing about modding thinks that Team Gizka is an incompetent group of pathological lairs. How are you, someone who obviously has no clue how to add -let alone restore- content to a game, qualified to judge these people's actions? Also, how long do you think it should take to mod a game? A year? A month? Or do you think modders should only take about a ****ing day to complete their works? I have worked on several games, and the shortest amount of time a project took was two months. Of course, we had an usable "product" before that, but who wants to use a buggy beta release? I know that some projects that involved editing preexisting files, a certain Bloodlines project comes to mind, took longer to make than much more projects, like Neverwinter Nights Modules, that were created with a toolset or from scratch. Face it hurensohn, you're full of ****. Not only are you insulting Team Gizka without provocation, you are making yourself look like an ****. Please come back when you find another brain, as I believe yours is either dead or dieing.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Oh come on, I know I'm not the only one who's fed up with this run around....

And we should care about you because? :sorcerer:

Indeed. Why? Go express your feelings in a journal. Just write out all the anger in there and don't bring it here. This isn't your blog. Or go eat your feelings.

I think he just wants attention.

Edited by Omelette

Not only are you insulting Team Gizka without provocation, you are making yourself look like an ****.

Oh the irony. When I want a worthless opinion from a loud mouthed know-nothing, I'll be sure to look you up though.

They've been working on this since April of 05... it's over half way through 2007 now... how much longer do they expect people to wait? Seriously how much longer are you going to wait?

Edited by Chancellor PalpaTANG

Not only are you insulting Team Gizka without provocation, you are making yourself look like an ****.

When I want a worthless opinion from a loud mouthed know-nothing, I'll be sure to look you up though.

[sarcasm]Oh yes, I know nothing about modding. That's why I haven't released several mods at various moding sites and haven't worked on several major projects for various games! You are an almighty being who knows everything, despite the fact that you know nothing! [/sarcasm] :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Oh the irony. When I want a worthless opinion from a loud mouthed know-nothing, I'll be sure to look you up though.

They've been working on this since April of 05... it's over half way through 2007 now... how much longer do they expect people to wait? Seriously how much longer are you going to wait?

I have other things to do in the meantime rather than just moan about a voluntary modification to a game that was released years ago. If and when it is released I will install the game and the mod, if only to see how the team have implemented their ideas.

As I have already played the game I have nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

Why you think that ridiculing the developers will have ANY (positive) effect is beyond sense, though I can suggest some other reasons for your posting.

To be clear, there is no edict that stipulates that everyone has to be nice, or even in agreement; but you cannot be rude (or defamatory) to others on this public forum of a private gaming company:

In general, our guidelines are based on the fundamentals of common sense, respect and tolerance. We ask that our users not post material that is abusive, defamatory, libelous, harassing, hateful, obscene, profane, vulgar, or illicit.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sorry, but that Deadly Night girl started insulting me. Anyway I'll take the high road and appologize, but I'm getting sick of waiting for this mod. It's taken entirely too long to develop and there's really no excuse for it anymore. If Team Gizka isn't really planning on completing it why not just come out and say so instead of getting everyone's hopes up?

Not many people know the meaning of irony. Edit: by that I mean you don't know the meaning of irony. I thought it might be a little obscure.

*Downward pointing arrow* rofl.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

If Team Gizka isn't really planning on completing it why not just come out and say so instead of getting everyone's hopes up?

Why would they have gotten it down to eighteen issues if they were not going to release the mod? o:)

P.S.

I think you're an alt of Force Slayer... :lol:

Is it just me or does he sound suspiciously like this guy: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showuser=1057?

Yes, they both are annoying [me]... :teehee:

Edited by metadigital
ad hominem

-Hurlshot

First of all are you paying for it? Are you helping it in any way?

I know you are not doing any of the above. So what make you able to complane about something that you have put nothing into. And you asked how long I am willing to wait AS LONG AS IT TAKES.

Ok obviously none of you have ever had jobs, or even class assignments... there are things called deadlines. And TSLRP is so far past its deadline I can't imagine there will be much interest in it if this drags on into 2008. I'm just saying...

Just cause it's free doesn't mean we can't talk about it. If they were left to their own, they'd never get it done. At least this way we can encourage them to work harder.

Ok obviously none of you have ever had jobs, or even class assignments... there are things called deadlines.

They were never assigned this task, so there is no "deadline." :lol:

-Hurlshot

It's called The phantom Deadline for a reason, other than arty reasons. God, I could post a really long example about shifting dates of release and great artists having to deal with unrealistic.... people.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

It's called The phantom Deadline for a reason, other than arty reasons. God, I could post a really long example about shifting dates of release and great artists having to deal with unrealistic.... people.

Well you guys can sit around twiddling your thumbs while Gizka puts in 30 min of work on their mod per week, but I'd rather not. I'm sure it'll be loads of fun. Be sure to post about it when it comes out in 10 years and everyone has moved on.

Ok obviously none of you have ever had jobs, or even class assignments... there are things called deadlines. And TSLRP is so far past its deadline I can't imagine there will be much interest in it if this drags on into 2008. I'm just saying...

They specifically did not set themselves a deadline when they started this for a reason. If you set a deadline for something, then people get all angsty when that time rolls around and the work still isn't done. If you don't set a deadline, then you manage to avoid the great majority of that.

Well you guys can sit around twiddling your thumbs while Gizka puts in 30 min of work on their mod per week, but I'd rather not. I'm sure it'll be loads of fun. Be sure to post about it when it comes out in 10 years and everyone has moved on.

Will do. I really don't see why anyone would get so worked up over a mod.

Edited by Deraldin

Just cause it's free doesn't mean we can't talk about it. If they were left to their own, they'd never get it done. At least this way we can encourage them to work harder.

And what they are doing is not a "job" or "class assignment" - in fact the closest description I can think of for TSLRP is a "hobby". They're doing it because they want to. Nobody is paying them (and the mod itself will be free) and they don't HAVE to do this in any contractural (sp?) sense. If they cancelled this project, then there would be no backlash other than a multitude of disappointed gamers.

Chancellor - you are doing nothing productive by abusing the RP developers. They are doing all KOTOR players a favour by doing this; you can't tell someone doing you a favour (unasked for) that they're not doing it fast enough. This mod will be done when it's done - get over it.

Nightshade - Flaming this guy is not going to help any either - you will only encourage them to fight harder for what they want to say, and make yourself look more petty in the process. You know how our mum's all said to ignore bullies and they'll leave you alone? Well the same goes for flamers on message boards.

Can we please leave the angry, abusive, and unnecessary posts out of the forum please?

"Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds." - HK-47

"BEEP BEEP BOOP!" - T3-M4

"Rawararr!!" - Zaalbar/Hanharr/...pretty much all Wookies...

Hoho, listen here my little expert chancellor. This comes from someone who is a software engineer, working at R&D at one of the biggest companies in the world. First, the KotOR-series were shipped with no tools for modding, these guys have to do everything by themselves. Anyone within the industry knows that working with bigger software projects that has no tools or editors are very difficult, thus the extra time.

Second, the scope of the project. This isn't some re-skinning project or adding robes. They are dealing with modules that weren't any near finished when KotOR 2 shipped. They have to add rooms, characters, scripting, dealing with camera angles and lost dialog. Again, a pretty huge task without any software tools.

Third, they are bit picky on when to release it. Have you seen the bug-hunting they are dealing with? 832 issues so far, ranging from everything between blocks and crashes to the angle a character is looking at the camera. You can see all of this at their web-based repository called mantis. All of this, in their spare time.

Finally, considering your behavior, you have no experience with software development or project management. I suggest that you change that little "ME ME ME ME"-attitude of yours if you ever want to taken seriously, let alone getting a job within the software industry.

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hoho, listen here my little expert chancellor. This comes from someone who is a software engineer, working at R&D at one of the biggest companies in the world. First, the KotOR-series were shipped with no tools for modding, these guys have to do everything by themselves. Anyone within the industry knows that working with bigger software projects that has no tools or editors are very difficult, thus the extra time.

Second, the scope of the project. This isn't some re-skinning project or adding robes. They are dealing with modules that weren't any near finished when KotOR 2 shipped. They have to add rooms, characters, scripting, dealing with camera angles and lost dialog. Again, a pretty huge task without any software tools.

Third, they are bit picky on when to release it. Have you seen the bug-hunting they are dealing with? 832 issues so far, ranging from everything between blocks and crashes to the angle a character is looking at the camera. You can see all of this at their web-based repository called mantis. All of this, in their spare time.

Finally, considering your behavior, you have no experience with software development or project management. I suggest that you change that little "ME ME ME ME"-attitude of yours if you ever want to taken seriously, let alone getting a job within the software industry.

Fair enough. I'm not unreasonable, but all the waiting does make me a little antsy. I appologize.